New Name for Beastie

Hank

I said me not every parent. A thrill ride is generally a ride that spins in more than one direction like a Scrambler, a kiddy ride as Klockster said is anything that has a max. height limit, or is accepted as a kiddy ride. Skytours doesn't have a max at Carowinds, so it is a family ride. Our kiddy boat ride works like the Taxi Jam so it is a kiddy ride. Taxi Jam is a coaster.

What is "Screecher" and "Squid"?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should bring back a full size Tumblebug and Whip. By modern standards people would think of them as Kiddy rides, so it would be smart to put them in Nick. Universe.

I love both of those rides, I rode them with my mom when I was little, She passed away when I was a Teen, so they would bring back great memories.

http://www.defunctparks.com/parks/OH/Chipp...ippewa-lake.htm - 34k - similar pages - add to favorites

I guess you can tell I don't know what I am doing , but in northern ohio is Chippewa lake and the have a tumble bug sitting there wasting away. With a little love and rehab.......maybe it could go again. It is amazing to look at the over grown coasters on the site anyways.

just out of curiousity, why doesn't pki buy a "wild mouse" coaster and place it in Nick Universe and call it "Fairly Odd Coaster." at least all of the coasters in the park currently have some relevance to their existence/name. There is nothing "odd" about The Beastie... it is about the most straight forward coaster in the park. At least the motions of a wild mouse coaster can be described as "odd."

I know, dead horse... but.....

just out of curiousity, why doesn't pki buy a "wild mouse" coaster and place it in Nick Universe and call it "Fairly Odd Coaster." at least all of the coasters in the park currently have some relevance to their existence/name. There is nothing "odd" about The Beastie... it is about the most straight forward coaster in the park. At least the motions of a wild mouse coaster can be described as "odd."

I know, dead horse... but.....

I like that.

I think this is a great perspective on this whole topic. I blatantly ripped this off from a post by "Lord Gonchar" over on Coasterbuzz, so all credit to him and the CB site. But, I think his points really illustrate why Viacom is in the theme park business to begin with. While we (as enthusiasts) get all caught up in the nostalgia of "our" park, we need to keep in mind the business reasons that drive such change.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why is a move like this being made? Because of last week's top 10 watched shows on basic cable, 7 of them were Nickelodeon shows.

That's not a certain child demographic, that's of all people watching all shows on all of basic cable.

Fairly Oddparents is the highest rated cartoon with only Spongebob even coming close. Think about it, more people watch Oddparents than even watch Spongebob. (On a per show basis)

Which do you think PKI would do better with? The generic name of "Beastie" or a ride themed to the most watched cartoon on television?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.coasterimage.com "

• 2 weeks later...