What if you bought KI - what to do with NU?

italianchef

We all know that Cedar Fair will purchase Kings Island and her sister parks. In 4 years from now the Nickelodeon license expires. Will CF renew it or replace NU with Camp Snoopy? Who knows?

What if you won the Power Ball and got to purchase Kings Island. Knowing that the Nickelodeon license expires in 4 years....what would YOU do and why?????

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I would try to keep it as NU. Nickelodeon is not going anywhere and it seems to be a great place for kids. Money making, it is a great idea b/c it brings the family here. It is great because if Nick wants to introduce any new toons or shows, they could have a big promotion at the park. Snoopy is not the big draw for CP, the coasters are the big draw. NU is going to be the big pitch for KI for years to come as a family place. Kids have this great place in the park and the park makes it for the rest of the family.

Yeah you got to keep nick in the park. You are able to keep the most popular characters in the park so why no make the kids happy and keep what they know in the park. I really don't even know many other character from other brands of shows. If anything I would bring Disney into the park, but that is not going to happen.

Does anybody think that Paramount saw the sale coming and put in NU just to try to show off their own product more in the future. Cause if HB was still there we would probably be seeing snoopy in the next years.

With the extreme popularity of the Nick characters, I would renew the contract when it expires. I hate to say it, but, the Peanuts characters are not as recognized by the kids of today as Nick characters. Personally, I love Snoopy and pretty much feel the same way about the HB characters, but, there are too few kids who know either one.

I would keep it NU and expanded it with the following attractions.

1. I would add a spongbob ride.

2. Add a Nick show in the Enchanted Theater.

3. Expanded the Nick Area to the bridge in Rivertown.

4. Change Wings into Nick Cafe.

5. Retheme White Water Canyon to Cartoon Canyon.

6. Take out the old buildings across from Wild Thornberrys and add a well themed kids play area.

7. Remove the food location between the entrance/exit of White Water Canyon and add one more Nick family type ride.

I think the redo of HBL into Nick Universe was coming, regardless of the imminent possibility of a sale. The area hadn`t received a major overhaul since 1998. It was clearly do for an update. At the same time, it was a perfect chance to showcase more of the Nickelodeon properties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hahahahah PBS kids world, Arthur the last airbender

I would keep Nick Universe. But I would bring in a nick attraction for some of the "older kids in the park" ( other than Spongebob of course ) And I am talking only about "Ren and Stimpy" I mean come on. These characters are the dawn of Nick Toons. The original Timon and Pumbaa ( well kinda ) And does anyone remember the old Warner Bros. Studio Stores. Or go in the Disney Stores. They need to have an exclusive store that carries a large gallery of autographed animation cells from Nickelodeon. That would make the Nick U. complete for me.

K.C. smile.gif

Still - in no holds barred hand to hand combat - who would win - Snoopy or Spongebob? huh.gif

...well beagles have teeth & claws--I don't think sponges do biggrin.gif

Also, Snoopy has always struck me as a lot smarter than Spongebob, so he'd also have the advantage there... And, finally, I'd rather have Woodstock watching my back rather than Patrick any day!! biggrin.gif

It looks as though ( for now ) that they might actually keep it. Earlier this week, on cedarfair.com the newly aquired parks were listed as Kings Island, Kings Dominion, etc.... on their map. They have changed that now to where it includes the title Paramount's Kings Island, Paramount's Kings Dominion, etc.

Unless it was simply a typo error to begin with.

Still - in no holds barred hand to hand combat - who would win - Snoopy or Spongebob? huh.gif

...well beagles have teeth & claws--I don't think sponges do biggrin.gif

Also, Snoopy has always struck me as a lot smarter than Spongebob, so he'd also have the advantage there... And, finally, I'd rather have Woodstock watching my back rather than Patrick any day!! biggrin.gif

Judging by Snoopy's imagination - and his mad sk1llz - I would definately agree with you that Snoopy was smarter.

And another thing to consider. They could just have the voice of the schoolteacher from Peanuts do all of the autospiels - since people don't listen to / hear them anyway. Wah wah wah wah waaaahhh. Wah wah WAH? laugh.gif

And another thing to consider. They could just have the voice of the schoolteacher from Peanuts do all of the autospiels - since people don't listen to / hear them anyway. Wah wah wah wah waaaahhh. Wah wah WAH? laugh.gif

I see you have tried to talk to Guest Relations through the bank drive-in type speaker thingy at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.