Me and so many others want King Cobra back!

beastrider5334

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant figure out why pki would take out King Cobra to put in the Delurium, now pki has no stand up coaster and from what i hear over the net stand up coasters are some of the funniest coasters going...and the more coasters the better! Heres what i say expand some of the land for King Cobra and get that thing out of the weeds and put it back togethor so me and so many others can have the thrill of a lifetime, oh one more thing when i went to pki over the weekend i missed something so bad and later i remembered what it was it was when i was at 6 flags the week before and i rode the great stand up coaster Chang and after i left i relized i want to go back to 6 flags because of it,,,please bring KC back!

Hmm.... In my opinion, great and stand up coaster can't be uttered in the same sentence. I despise all stand up coasters that I've ridden; finding them uncomfortable and painful. Delirium is ten times better than KC or any other stand up in my opinion; although in all fairness I never have ridden Riddler's Revenge which I've heard is the best.

I hope, KI just gets a new stand-up, like Chang! Forget Cobra... I want a stand-up twister! -Hauntguy

Speaking of that, the first stand up coaster I ever rode was Chang. I was tall enough to ride Chang, but not tall enough t ride King Cobra.. isn't that crazy?

Maybe 6 flags jus let me through, orthe height limitations really were messed up because Chang is a much larger coaster haha.

^ The seats are more newer and most of all they are B & M seats so they are better. Just because a ride is bigger that does not mean the height restriction will be more strict. Look at FOF you have to be 54 inches. On SOB which is far more intense you can be 48 inches. I think SOB should be 54 inches.

You know . personalyl I think i prfer King Cobra over Delirium as well.. but I've enver rode Delirium.. the CObras was the first coaster I ever rode that had a loop.. so I have fond memories of it.. Delirium doesn't look all that great to me.. if I had to choose coaster over flat ride.. I choose coaster..

I have ridden chang.. hated it.. in fact every coaster at KK left me with bruises and a headache.. not smooth at all..

King Cobra looked like a cool ride from the pictures. I have only ridden Delirium, and it was an awesome ride! Also King Cobra looked like it would get boring after the first time. But it still looks like it was a great ride. Was there any airtime on King Cobra?

The airtime on those bunny hills was particularly strong in the back row.

I remember an ACE event many, many years ago when all the coasters in the park were available for ERT. I was the only person on one of the two trains at King Cobra, and rode it again and again and again. The other ACErs were either on the other train (all of about two of them), or riding Vortex, The Beast or The Racer. I seem to remember being told that Taxi Jam and Beastie sat idle most of the night!

This was before Scooby's Ghoster Coaster was ever thought of!

I have alot of bizarre dreams - and the other day I dreamt that King Cobra was still there - with Delirium in the middle of the helix. Apparently it had been there all along and nobody noticed. I went and rode it - and then went to Festhaus where they were serving school cafeteria style lunches.

• 2 weeks later...

King Cobra holds a special face in my heart. It was my dad's all-time favorite coaster at Kings Island... it was the first one we had to ride together every year, and then we would go back and ride it two or three times during the day. He loved the little 'bunny bumps' at the end, and swore those were more fun than the loops and drops. When my dad passed away four years ago, I went to Kings Island just a couple weeks later and made a beeline for the Cobra with the mind set to ride it for him, I was shocked to find it gone... I actually cried... I miss that ride more than any other former ride there.

King Cobra holds a special face in my heart.  It was my dad's all-time favorite coaster at Kings Island... it was the first one we had to ride together every year, and then we would go back and ride it two or three times during the day.  He loved the little 'bunny bumps' at the end, and swore those were more fun than the loops and drops.  When my dad passed away four years ago, I went to Kings Island just a couple weeks later and made a beeline for the Cobra with the mind set to ride it for him, I was shocked to find it gone... I actually cried... I miss that ride more than any other former ride there.

May I suggest you try to get to Paramount's Kings Dominion or to Paramount Canada's Wonderland, and ride either Shockwave (KD) or the SkyRider (CW) for your dad? If you are like I am, I think it would give you some fulfillment.

^Wouldn't be the same IMO. There is a difference between riding a special ride for a special somebody, and a near-clone for them...

But yeah, bring back my snake! My first stand up, one of my all time faves, and a historic ride (1st stand up in the USA)...

May I suggest you try to get to Paramount's Kings Dominion or to Paramount Canada's Wonderland, and ride either Shockwave (KD) or the SkyRider (CW) for your dad? If you are like I am, I think it would give you some fulfillment.

I agree with Reon that there will never be a ride that replaces the special one I shared with my dad, but I am going to try those that you suggested. The Cobra will never be back, so I am anxious to ride another stand up for him and for me, because I always loved the feeling of stand-ups!

We have been thinking about going to King's Dominion for awhile now, I'm gonna give it a try! Thanks for the suggestion The Interpreter!

You do the best you can with the options you have. And yes, I understand. How well I understand. In the last five years, I have lost two very special people for whom Kings Island, (or my trips there with them) was very special. In the first case, my first trip back there after the death was very, very hard. In the second, I actually found the return to be comforting.

Kings Island is a very special place. I think that is one reason why those of us who love or have loved it so much are so critical of some of the apparent boneheaded moves that were made there lately. And hope so much that Cedar Fair brings to Kings Island what they promised at Geauga Lake: "The fun is back."