2007 Season Pass Announcement coming

CoastersNSich

2007 Season Passes on Sale Friday, Aug. 25, 2006

3 Great Pass Options - 2 Parks for the Price of One!

ADULT GOLD PASS

Everyone Gets Gold! Enjoy over 80 rides, shows & attractions, including Nickeodeon Universe and the award winning Boomerang Bay Water Park Resort! Plus, get the rest of the 2006 season and all of the 2007 season with all the great Gold Pass Perks:

· FREE 2006 Fearfest & Nick or Treat

· Early Ride Times

· Walk on Weekends

· Bring-A-Friend FREE Days

· Meal Deals

· Priority Concert Seating

CHILD / SENIOR GOLD PASS

Get all the same great passholder perks and benefits. For person’s under 48†tall or ages 60 and over. $20 less than the 2006 Child/Senior Pass! Height and age determined at time of processing when photo I.D. is made.

NEW! Cedar Fair Maxx Pass

A Cedar Fair Maxx Pass gives passholders access to Paramount's Kings Island for the rest of the 2006 season, and all of the 2007 season with all the Gold Pass Perks! This pass also gives guests access to all 12 Cedar Fair ride amusement parks (including 3 in Ohio) for the 2007 season, including:

Paramount's Kings Island, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio; Geauga Lake near Cleveland, Ohio; Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, California; Dorney Park near Allentown, Pennsylvania; Valleyfair near Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota; Worlds of Fun, Kansas City, Missouri; Michigan's Adventure near Muskegon, Michigan; Paramount's Kings Dominion near Richmond, Virginia; Paramount's Carowinds, Charlotte, North Carolina; Paramount's Great America, Santa Clara, California and Paramount Canada's Wonderland near Toronto, Ontario.

FREE PARKING FOR RENEWING PASSHOLDERS!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some questions still, besides the pricing:

- How will other Cedar Fair parks, including the former Paramount Parks, package their passes?

- If Cedar Point decides to do their park only pass, with Joe Cool Club returning, and I think that's a better thing than gold at Kings Island, should I buy at CP, along with the Cedar Fair Maxx Pass option?

- Can you get parking passes to multiple parks?

SO next year if i buy a 2007 pass, i get access to all the paramount and cedar parks?

Yes, if you buy the Cedar Fair Maxx Pass, you get admission to ALL 12 Cedar Fair ride parks, including the "former" Paramount Parks. It doesn't include the Soak City or Oceans of Fun waterparks (separately gated). It DOES say that you get into Cedar Point AND Geauga Lake (including Wildwater Kingdom) with this pass.

I would not be concerned about the use of the word Paramount's in front of the park names, remember that as of today the parks are still officially dba Paramount's <insert park name here>.

I do find it interesting that we seem to be the only park of the chain of 12 that has a hint as to what the new season pass program will look like. PGA has a "2007 season pass information coming soon" message, and all 10 other Paramount/Cedar Fair parks are still plugging their 2006 passes with no mention of the 2007 program.

Did somebody at PKI goof and release some details early, or <shudder> did somebody hack the PKI season pass page? I just find it quite odd that out of 12 parks, they would only release a hint of whats to come one 1 parks website.

If the page is true, we'll find out more details come Friday.

Perhaps, this means that Cedar Fair is letting the various parks be autonomous with their own in park season pass program, so PKI is going to continue doing what they feel has been working for them, then do use the pass at other chain parks will involve the extra fee to the MaxxPass.

It's official!

If you look at todays Enquirer article regarding Son of Beast, the seasonp*** info is presented as a small sidebar.

Enquirer Article titled "Son of Beast out for rest of season"

The goods:

Adult PKI Only P***: $74.95

Child/Senior PKI Only P***: $44.95

Adult Maxx P*** (includes all 12 Cedar Fair parks, including Cedar Point and Geaug Lake): $124.95

No Child/Senior price listed.

FREE Parking P*** for those that RENEW a season p*** by October 29.

Otherwise - Parking P***: $34.95

(Okay, it looks like the language filter is going a bit nutty this morning)

We will be happily renewing on our next visit. I noticed no Four Pack Deal this year and since my oldest son at Purdue only went 2 times with his p*** and lost his p*** for the second trip. I will not be renewing his Season P***, so with the child discount it should be only $194.85. So that is a big savings for us. I may upgrade my p*** to the Adult Maxx Season P*** for next year, since I'll be taking the PKI Central trip next June and that would only bring the total to $244.85 which is still a big saving for us from last year.

It may be because Dane has made changes to this site. In the Footnotes section he has posted and say’s

Quote “ PKICentral would like to address a few changes around the site here. We are doing a restructuring for these reasons: tightening up security for the site, making the forums experience smoother, advisement from the park, and clearing up a few loose ends.†UnQoute.

It may be because of that. It was posted at 1;23 AM on August 23rd 2006.

His post goes on with more site information, than I have listed here.

Once again Cedar Fair has realized they cannot overprice their tickets. For example look at what has happend to Cedar Point the last few years, prices were raised attendance was hurt and now prices for tickets and inside the park have been lowered. Hopefully se***on p*** prices are a sign of things to come price wise from Cedar Fair. I will be renewing my p*** during FearFest.

Here's the thing...

If you want to be technical, we are still "Paramount's Kings Island"

They have made their intentions clear that they do not wish to make major changes until the off-season. They're calling the park what it is...at least for now. Now, I'm not saying that we are getting rid of the Paramount name. Frankly, I don't have a clue and I'm not going to act like I do. Just keep in mind that until Opening Day '07, we may not know for sure. (Though I'm willing to bet we will know before that)

I would like to know what the passes are like, though. I wonder if they'll be any different or if they'll be the same until they make any changes next year. (Kind of like how this year's passes are two different kinds...People who renewed last year still have their photos on their passes while people who got their passes this year do not.)

I guess we won't find out the prices till Friday. But I would guess, that just a Kings Island pass would be around 80 dollars. The Cedar Fair Maxx pass will probably be $130 dollars. But that's just my guess, I have no idea.

I can't beleive how close I was on the prices, before they said what the prices where. Pretty good huh! LOL laugh.gif