What should they do with SoB?

Swanky333

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus regular PTCs won't fit on it. However Intamin trains will... There is a coaster in Germany that used to have Intamin trains on it, but they were switched for Premier trains - only God knows why. Anyways knowing Cedar Fair and how giddy they are over Intamin - I wonder if they would put Intatrains on Son of Beast. Or would it even make a difference?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kwindshawne
...which brings up a very interesting point. The trains were shortened by a car this year...to reduce weight? For a smoother ride? To avoid some kind of problem? By mere coincidence?

That is an angle I never thought of before, but who knows?

The negativity here is out of control.

This topic went negative before it went to the second page.

There is no real anser to this poll, there are people who love SOB, hate it, and some who don't ride it. I happen to be a person who likes SOB so you all know where I stand in this debate. Its like all rides, you like it or hate it. In this case it seems to be more people hate it.

I personally liked SOB. From 2000-2004 I never went near it, maybe tried it once a year. However, I felt that PKI did an amazing job of work in the past offseason and that SOB was great this year. Granted, if you still sat on a wheel you got a pretty rough ride but I wouldnt say it was any worse than The Beast or Racer. However Im pretty tall and pretty big so I didnt move that much. But when I didnt ride on a wheel I found Son of Beast to be one of my favorite coasters. However, you should be able to enjoy a ride by sitting anywhere, rules of thumb made by guests shouldnt have to be in effect. The ride should just be there for everyone to enjoy. In this case Son of Beast already had a tainted reputation but now its just even worse. I think Cedar Fair is really just wondering about their pocket books though. They did just spend 1.2 Billion Dollars. They've had to make similar decisions in the past at other parks like in Pennsylvania....

• 1 month later...

I think they should Sell it, and use the money to make a new megacoaster.

THEY SHOULD KEEP THE SOB IT IS THE BEST WOODEN ROLLER COASTER EVER!

What would be the point of tearing it down . So they could build some metal roller coaster just like the rest . I rather have the SOB to ride then some metal ride come on wood is so much better . I like wooden roller coasters any day then metal.

Surhiles20, good grammar goes a long way with expressing your thoughts to the rest of us on these boards.

It will certainly be interesting to see if any information comes out between now and opening day regarding this ride. I`m sure the park wants to reopen the ride, but it will become how much are they willing to pay to insure the ride. At some point, it will be cheaper to tear it down and build a new ride than pay for the upkeep and insurance costs for the ride.

Well, maybe not a replacement ride for that location, at least not in the immediate future. But I`m sure they would still add a new attraction in a couple years that would help offset the loss of that ride. Assuming they do decide to not deal with all of its problems anymore. I`m sure they have a lot of options, and are evaluating them. But from a liability stand point, as well as from the state`s standpoint, I`d imagine they can`t do anything with the ride until the state`s investigation is concluded about what caused the accident in the first place.

Guest kwindshawne

Its up to the insurance companies really. If they won't insure it - its just a big wooden sculpture.

Not trying to be a smart a** here, but I like looking at it-I just don't like riding it. Artistically, it is very impressive.

Even though I hate riding it, it still makes me sad to see that thing not operating. Not for me, but I know others like it.

Well, as far as a capacity standpoint, it makes the lines for the other rides in the park a little longer when the ride is down. Granted, their might not be a lot of people in line for it, but it will pull in some people out of the other lines. When you work at a small park like Coney, when one of the major rides goes down for mechanical reasons, it will have a big impact on the lines of the other rides.

Guest kwindshawne

Surhiles20, good grammar goes along way with expressing your thoughts to the rest of us on these boards.

It will certainly be interesting to see if any information comes out between now and opening day regarding this ride. I`m sure the park wants to reopen the ride, but it will become how much are they willing to pay to insure the ride. At some point, it will be cheaper to tear it down and build a new ride than pay for the upkeep and insurance costs for the ride.

On our local station here in dayton, I did hear a sentence that they do plan to reopen next year; however, they gave no other details and changed the subject.

As I have posted here before, the results of the state's investigation are nowhere near completed. The state's contractor has a contract that doesn't expire until June 30, 2007. I really don't think anyone is in a position yet to know whether or not the ride will reopen, much less when. I can understand why the park would say the ride will reopen, but a statement that it will does not necessarily mean that it will.

Guest kwindshawne

As I have posted here before, the results of the state's investigation are nowhere near completed. The state's contractor has a contract that doesn't expire until June 30, 2007. I really don't think anyone is in a position yet to know whether or not the ride will reopen, much less when. I can understand why the park would say the ride will reopen, but a statement that it will does not necessarily mean that it will.

Very true. I am anxious to know the final result.