Firehawk....corkscrews near end?

secondson

Hi everyone. I've observed this site off and on for a while, and decided to join. This is my first post, and I have a quick question. Hopefully it's not a STUPID question, and if it has already been addressed somewhere, please ferry me off to the appropriate discussion. Thanks.

My question: In the promo videos I've seen, they show Firehawk going through a double corkscrew near the end of the ride. However, I thought this used to be X-Flight at GL, and X-Flight had a double inline twist (or barrel roll, whichever it is technically called) - not a corkscrew. So are they changing that element of the ride?

Thanks!

No that is the animation they used for Stealth at PGA which was the first flying coaster. In the second generation of the flying coaster by Vekoma they changed the corkscrews to in-line twists. Firehawk will have the in-line twists at the end before the helix.

An inline twist is like a barrel roll - the train inverts a full 360 degrees in a straight line as it travels along the course of the track.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. King's Island will always hold a special place with me, and I think Firehawk will truly make a great addition.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone think GL is leaving? All Cedar Fair is doing is de-flagging the park. Six Flags tried to make the park something it was not and Cedar Fair is trying to return the park to what it was always intended to be: a smallish family park...NOT some major thrill park. As for getting rid of the animals, that was something out of Cedar Fair's control, I believe. If I recall correctly, the animal park was Sea World's/Six Flag's. The animal park was not included in the sell to CF.

Geauga Lake will be around for a bit longer, I'd assume. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I am not sure what part of the ride I will like hte best but I would say the horseshoe, then the loop.

so ive watched the video animation a million times and it looks to me like the coaster is a somewhat tight coaster, meaning that the coaster is all close together and doesnt go spreading out a lot on its on like say The Beast does. Can anyone whos been on the ride direct me in teh right direction of what exactly it does? :rolleyes:

One you have ridden it you will see it's just an OK coaster. The part you might not like much will be the four hour wait! :D

Obviously, opinions differ. I'm very sad for you and for Geauga Lake that this wondrous ride is no longer there.

That thing is a lot better than just okay. It is by far one of my very favorites.

I couldn't possibly be happier with what Cedar Fair has wrought at Kings Island so far!

Obviously, opinions differ. I'm very sad for you and for Geauga Lake that this wondrous ride is no longer there.

That thing is a lot better than just okay. It is by far one of my very favorites.

I couldn't possibly be happier with what Cedar Fair has wrought at Kings Island so far!

Very true, opinions do differ and opinions do change.

Its cool that XF (Firehawk) is one of your favorites, although it was never rated as a popular coaster on any list I have seen, although I may have missed one. I am just glad that I am also close to CP and they are getting a real honest to goodness new coaster instead of someone else’s hand me down.

Obviously GL couldn't afford the upkeep on X-Flight, I think Firehawk will be great at KI, and I doubt it will pull 4 hour lines, it should help distribute the crowed a little bit. If Face/Off doesn't pull in 4 hours lines with only 1 train, then Firehawk will not, now I could see 2 hr lines. FoF used to pull in 2 1/2 to 3 hours lines the first few years it was open.

Obviously GL couldn't afford the upkeep on X-Flight, I think Firehawk will be great at KI, and I doubt it will pull 4 hour lines, it should help distribute the crowed a little bit. If Face/Off doesn't pull in 4 hours lines with only 1 train, then Firehawk will not, now I could see 2 hr lines. FoF used to pull in 2 1/2 to 3 hours lines the first few years it was open.

dude fof still does pull those lines in the summer weekends its nutz thats why i never go on the weekends in the summer lol since i got like everyday the first month lol its always better then u can ride so many more rides and its not burning up hot when u are waiting in the lines :P