work shifts at KI?

Cory Butcher

Heck, my grandpa stays up most nights to two or three in the morning.

A split shift at GL? That seems a little harsh to have just a five hour gap between working. I mean I can understand its use at other places, but at an amusement park?

While not completely relevant to the subject at hand, Coney has two shifts. One goes from 10:30-4. The other shift goes from 3:30-9. There are also early break shifts that start at noon and then one would proceed to work a late shift. There are also late break shifts that immediately follow working an early shift. But Coney is slightly different in the fact that ride operators are not assigned a certain ride or rides all season. Instead, each day it is decided who will be running what ride by the manager on duty. Obviousely some rides will be given to operators who have some seniority, like the Wheel, Tickets and Golf, because of the skill and knowledge required to successfully operate them.

What is going to really suck for employees is the ones who live 30+ minutes away and they have to work a split ****. I'd be mad if I had to drive to the park in the morning, get off at 1 and drive back home. Then head back down at 6 and head home that night. That is 2+ hours of driving a day and with gas prices like they are, that is just no good.

I wouldn't mind chilling at the park every now and then. But if no one else is sharing the same shift with you and you are all by yourself for 5 hours riding the same rides over and over again it kind get a tad boring. I like most of our rides but can only stand them for so long since I've been on them so many times. I'm just worried that Cedar Fair is going to be a stickler about letting split shifts work an all day because it'll just be more money Cedar Fair has to pay when you probably aren't needed at the park at those times.

I live 40 minutes, away, there is no way in hell that i am working a split shift! Besides, when my interviewer told me the shifts he never mentioned a split shift, and when I signed asked me exactly what shifts I was able to work. It seems as thought Kings Island will niot have a split shift!

I live 40 minutes, away, there is no way in hell that i am working a split shift! Besides, when my interviewer told me the shifts he never mentioned a split shift, and when I signed asked me exactly what shifts I was able to work. It seems as thought Kings Island will niot have a split shift!

I also live about the same distance away as you Cory and I won't drive home if CF brings the split shift to KI this year. Although I doubt I would be riding the rides during that break. I kinda highly doubt we'll get the split shift.

The park will likely maintain the shift structure that they had in place last year. While I`ve never worked at KI, there is an old adage "if it isn`t broken, don`t fix it." If their current system is working and meeting their needs, then why should they change it just for the sake of changing it? Granted, it might put the shifts in line with what is being done at other Cedar Fair parks. I think with the whole parking pass now applied to season passes shows that Cedar Fair may, in fact, adopt some of the practices that Paramount Parks had in place.

For Ecology,

Pan/Broom and Restroom Open 9:50-4:15,Swing 12:45-8:00, Close 3:30 till Close, All days 9:50 till close.

Truck, Open 9:15-4:00, Close 3:00 till Close, All days 9:15 till Close.

This was last year, it may change this year.

Truck is the only one out of the two that doesn't have a swing, I have no Idea why.