Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Well my birthday is April 16th. so season pass preview day is planned to be the day after my birthday, but the bad thing is... it's on a Friday... And i have school that Friday. Another thing that concerns me is that how will i get there? I will be just 16 & 1 day during the event but i won't have my license. My mom might be able to take me, but she doesn't have a season pass so how would she get in?

Well, I can honestly say that Kings Island is NOT as important as school. That being said, the preview event will likely be held in the evening. In the past (and this was under old ownership) Friday night previews for pass holders have been from 5 to 10pm.

School? Screw School! Diamondback is FAR more important then one day of school.

Well in High School it's a little bit different, plus we have block sceduling so if you miss one day, they count it as two. And another thing is that my mom would have to approve, take off work, and drive me. Plus i don't even know if she'd be able to get into season pass preview day cause she doesn't have one, and won't have one.

Rivertown Mining Comp. Kings Island

This building was constructed in 1972 for the opening of Kings Island it has gone threw many changes over the years from being a Shooting Gallery in the 70's ,"Little Miami Dry Goods" and Skeeball in the 80's, "Rivertown Mining Company in the late 90's until 2004. Then for the 2006 Season the building was remade into a haunted house for Fear Fest called "Cowboy Carnage" then 2007-2008 it was rethemed into "Redbeards Revenge" a pirate themed haunted house.

TAER IT DOWN! TAER IT DOWN!! TAER IT DOWN!!!

Take it from a guy who once cut, i mean legitimately left school early to visit Kings Island and eat Chinese food with Boddah and Dane, it's better to go to school and visit Kings Island later...

Well in High School it's a little bit different, plus we have block sceduling so if you miss one day, they count it as two. And another thing is that my mom would have to approve, take off work, and drive me. Plus i don't even know if she'd be able to get into season pass preview day cause she doesn't have one, and won't have one.

If you can't make it to season pass preview day, no big deal, you'll have the whole summer dude!

Not to mention that KI`s website is also advertising early rides on Diamondback everyday for gold pass holders.

Yes, and also the daily walkbacks in the morning for Diamondback., well if it's offical. 2009 is going to be a great season... Well Halloween Haunt isn't im still really mad about the "fall" & "summer" passes, why can't there just be one!?

^^ Wait, hold on a minute. Theirs a summer and fall pass? Or am I just misinterpreting you??

I got a gold pass this year already, and if I find out I can't use it for HH I'm gonna raise some H3|_|_! I looked on the back of the pass this year and no in the fine print it said "Not Valid for FearFeast". If you look at your passes for this past season it says it on the back in big bold letters.

EDIT: Vertical Construction on the station has begun..

untitleda1.jpg

^^ Wait, hold on a minute. Theirs a summer and fall pass? Or am I just misinterpreting you??

I got a gold pass this year already, and if I find out I can't use it for HH I'm gonna raise some H3|_|_! I looked on the back of the pass this year and no in the fine print it said "Not Valid for FearFeast". If you look at your passes for this past season it says it on the back in big bold letters.

I know for a fact that i saw on KI's website "Purchase Fall Season Pass" & "Purchase Summer Season Pass" but im on KI's website right now and can not find where i saw that. Maybe it's not saying that since it's a Holiday Sale?

^^ No actually go look on your pass from this year.. I thought I grabbed the wrong pass at first but it said "2008 Season Pass" on the frount. I actually went to guest services to see if they were going to charge. Their reply was a simple "No, at that time we didn't know what we were going to do". ;)

Yep, the structural steel has begun to be placed in its final position!

And the entire building that house RedBeard`s Revenge is completely gone.

And for those of you who have hopped over to visitkingsisland.com lately, you will notice that the park has announced the projected date for the Gold Pass sneak preview for Diamondback. The big day will be April 17th, 2009.

Keep in mind that drawings and plans sometimes change from the original design intent...

Haunted Trail Co-Owner, you were a little late with that discovery on vertical construction for the station.

And what are you talking about the front of the passes said "2008 Pass?" Both the Gold, Kings Island and Platinum passes this year did not specify a year on the front. However, on the back, the only form of a date was the copyright date. In fact, the only thing that was specified on the front of the pass was the name of the park it was processed at, and what type of pass it is (ie gold, platinum or regular KI). And this past years passes also had the phrasing about not including admission to KI`s Haunt/Fear Fest.

Yep, the structural steel has begun to be placed in its final position!

And the entire building that house RedBeard`s Revenge is completely gone.

And for those of you who have hopped over to visitkingsisland.com lately, you will notice that the park has announced the projected date for the Gold Pass sneak preview for Diamondback. The big day will be April 17th, 2009.

Keep in mind that drawings and plans sometimes change from the original design intent...

Haunted Trail Co-Owner, you were a little late with that discovery on vertical construction for the station.

And what are you talking about the front of the passes said "2008 Pass?" Both the Gold, Kings Island and Platinum passes this year did not specify a year on the front. However, on the back, the only form of a date was the copyright date. In fact, the only thing that was specified on the front of the pass was the name of the park it was processed at, and what type of pass it is (ie gold, platinum or regular KI). And this past years passes also had the phrasing about not including admission to KI`s Haunt/Fear Fest.

Maybe he wrote '08 on the front.I did that with mine,not knowing you could use it for other years.

Not really a huge update but I just wanted to give a few pointers:

1. The area to the Left of the Station is Cleared flat and Wide, looks like Que area to me.

2. The Area to the right is cleared flat but is real small, Bet it's an Exit Path.

3. The Station Frame is going up Extremely fast. Just 7 hours ago only 3 or 4 bars were up.

StationArea.jpg

Where would the queue line start. Plus where is the exit going, if you disagree with Beast1979 of course!

The entrance is going to be by Wings and Old Time Photo. Most likely walk under the lift hill and have a few switchbacks (hopefully themed) then go up stairs and enter station on the side facing Eiffel. The exit will be on Rivertown side and you will have the choice to just go through the exit or go through the gift shop.

Not to mention that KI`s website is also advertising early rides on Diamondback everyday for gold pass holders.

Sweet. Just what I needed, another reason to get to KI early. What better way than to start a day with a ride on Diamondback?

What better way than to start a day with a ride on Diamondback?

To start your day off by riding Diamondback multiple times! :lol: Sorry, i just had to!

I predict many will be torn between ending the day on the one and only legendary Beast or on Diamondback, the new gem of Kings Island...

Easy, Beast Will be a walk on all next year, So right when darkness takes over I take a Beast Ride then Head over to Diamondback. I can fit both in one.

I for one will be ending it on Diamondback or SOB. I will only ride Beast if it's a walkon.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!!!

Rivertown Mining Comp. Kings Island

This building was constructed in 1972 for the opening of Kings Island it has gone threw many changes over the years from being a Shooting Gallery in the 70's ,"Little Miami Dry Goods" and Skeeball in the 80's, "Rivertown Mining Company in the late 90's until 2004. Then for the 2006 Season the building was remade into a haunted house for Fear Fest called "Cowboy Carnage" then 2007-2008 it was rethemed into "Redbeards Revenge" a pirate themed haunted house.

wow-sorry I'm a little upset over that..I have a lot of good memories from that building