Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

It appears as if they might be. Naturally, there will be some sort of sign or marquee with the Diamondback logo proclaiming the entrance to the line.

And to answer a question that was posed a few pages back. Yes, the Department of Agriculture`s Rides Safety Division inspects all amusement park rides every spring before the parks open. The rides must be certified by the ride inspectors before the general public can take any rides on each ride. In addition to the inspection in the spring, the ride inspectors make repeat, sometimes unannounced visits to the parks during the regular season to ensure that the rides are still in good condition, as well as to ensure that the ride operators are operating the rides in a safe manner. This includes ensuring that the operators are checking and enforcing height restrictions, securing all entrance and exit gates, etc. They also check to make sure all the necessary paper work is in order for the rides, such as pre-opening checklists and closing checklists.

I was just looking at the webcam and noticed back in the area between the hammerhead and the MCBR that the ground looks rather green. That may sound like a silly statement but with really no grass growing in around the station at this point, it seems to me that the park has begun laying down grass seed with the green fertilizer. I actually hope that the grass has grown in well enough by opening day so the surrounding area around Diamondback isn't just dirt and mud.

I bet they will plant some trees. The off ride rendering videos show a lot of trees as you ride. Just will take another 5 to 10 years for them to be as big as they are in the video.

I see them maybe planting a few trees around the queue as landscaping but I highly doubt any trees will be planted around the ride past Crypt. :/

And congrats on becoming a KIC Junky Indyguy!

Watching the webcam is beginning to get pretty exciting. It shows a train going up the lift and the same time another train is flying over the final bunny hills.

The entrance and queue is finally starting to take shape.

31 days!

EDIT: Just noticed I got promoted to KIC Junky!

Urg I would be pretty close there but A LOT of my posts got erased yesterday uurrrrggg :angry:

But anyways Congrats!

Watching the webcam is beginning to get pretty exciting. It shows a train going up the lift and the same time another train is flying over the final bunny hills.

The entrance and queue is finally starting to take shape.

31 days!

Yay 31 days! wow tomorrow it will be exactly a month! even tough I can't be there on opening day I am still really excited.

^^The coaster's broken....and for good, I'm sorry to say!! :rolleyes:

*note to self cancel trip to Kings Island this summer

I've ridden Maverick while there was lightning and black clouds approaching, ridden countless rides and coasters after it was announced that they were having mechanical problems and reopened, ridden Drop Tower as it was getting ready to storm, and ridden Skyscraper only to be told by my friend running the ride after I got off that they had broken the control panel while I was on the ride.

If you never take chances, you're never going to experience life. ;)

^^Agreed. Im excited to see how the Diamondback entrance turns out. Also The Beast entrance, I really wish Don would do an update on the Insider Blog about The Beast Entrance. Rivertown is going to look great this season.

The Beast entrance is certainly going to look new, improved and spruced up. Unfortunately there are some things you'll just have to wait until opening day to see. :rolleyes:

^ For some reason I like the prospect of not knowing what it will look like. It gives me something to look forward to. However unless I go opening day, I'm sure I will see it online beforehand.

EDIT: Thats 100 for me... It's been a long time coming

^I agree. There's something inside me that wishes we didn't have this webcam and all of these pictures. Don't get me wrong I love being able to watch all of the progress but I kinda wish it could all be a surprise. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I got in trouble again this weekend for being in the parking lot watching testing while my wife was home watching both the kids - there is just something about seeing those trains cresting the hills!

Just a thought but maybe bring the family with you next time.

So who exacty does the testing? I'm assuming the engineers.....but with it being a new coaster and all. Their testing at night and during the day...When do they actually train the employees and how much experience would the employees need to run DB? When I was much younger I always wanted to work at KI but living in Springfield it would be to long of a drive. Just silly questions...I know but I'm curious.

Maria

Oh my god; I just saw my first splashdown!!I know it seems pathetic to sit at the computer and watch this webcam.... since I probably should be doing laundry at this time but this is so exciting!! I so wish I lived closer so I could enjoy watching it in the parking lot! Does anyone know if they have encountered any problems during testing??

Maria