OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

Any thoughts as to why whoever said there was a tarp, said it in the first place? I mean obviously it could have been done to mess with fans (and it worked), but is there also a possibility that there actually was a tarp, and that it could have been removed by the time we all got around to looking? Just wondering what in the world a tarp on the drop would even be good for in the first place.

But they DON'T lie, remember?

When anyone says that they don't lie or that you can trust them, they are almost always lying and usually completely FoS.

It sounds like the person from FaceBook thought it was a good idea to fabricate a ridiculous rumor just to see how many people are stupid enough to believe it.

I can't wait to see how Texas Giant 2.0 performs. That thing looks absolutely insane. Let's hope that Rocky Mountain Amusements gets a chance to fix SoB because there appears to be only one other alternative.

Any thoughts as to why whoever said there was a tarp, said it in the first place? I mean obviously it could have been done to mess with fans (and it worked), but is there also a possibility that there actually was a tarp, and that it could have been removed by the time we all got around to looking? Just wondering what in the world a tarp on the drop would even be good for in the first place.

Savesonofbeast said that Kings Island put new wood on the drop, I think that new wood would stand.

Unfortunately I think this was done to get a reaction, For the most part it worked!!!!

Oh well.The thought of work being done had my hopes up.I guess we will have to play the waiting game.Although i wonder does a ride like SOB need to checked up on and have up keep done on it even if it's nots in operation?I would think the longer it stands untouched the more problems it may have if it does have a chance of operating again.

Omgsh guys I read somwhere that their taking down tha SOB and building a new drop zone tower called WindSeeker in itz place OMG

laugh.gif

But seriously every time I hear something new about SOB I just laugh it off. I'm not taking anything seriously about this ride anymore unless I hear it from Cedar Fair, and even then I'm going to have a hard time believing it!

So if the State of Ohio or an insurance company makes a statement, or a construction and/or demolition company announces a contract with Cedar Fair, you won't believe it. I see. How very...interesting.

But Terp, alot of construction companies do demolition too! How will we know which one the company would be doing?

Phil, who has to make a Catchy Comeback like Terpy but failed :)

So if the State of Ohio or an insurance company makes a statement, or a construction and/or demolition company announces a contract with Cedar Fair, you won't believe it. I see. How very...interesting.

Are you insinuating something? :(

Burgtoad, who reads very carefully and has watched more than one glimpse of hope fade away thanks to a certain Interpreter :(

http://www.merriam-w...onary/insinuate

Hmmm.

No, I don't think so. I don't cause substantive events at Cedar Fair (that's for sure!), though I may well influence in some way certain things that occur at a much more macro level at the company, including by posts here. (And that conclusion is based on indications I have received in the past, both recently and not so recently). I am more a of person who interprets events by available information and sometimes even attempts to predict the future based on publicly available information. Not just as to Cedar Fair LP, but in most things in my life. I don't ever intentionally reveal material information not publicly available. Doing so would dry up any sources of information I might have and show poor character on my part.

This is even more the case as to a publicly traded limited partnership company where there are legal obligations that insiders disclose material information only in a way that it can legally be considered publicly disclosed (which would of course not include, Mr. Kinzel, for example, granting an interview to the Sandusky Register right before a proxy vote, and then making statements about Mr. Raynor a nominal 2/3 of which were only printed in a local newspaper of slight publication numbers in only its print edition and purposely not (for what reason?) including the answers to the last two of three questions posed each to Mr. Kinzel and Mr. Raynor on its readily available website on the World Wide Web [perhaps neither Mr. Kinzel nor the Sandusky Register thinks the World Wide Web is anything other than a novelty and a plaything for kids...not unlike, say, Blackberries]. Those Q and A's would require participants to publicly disclose the entire substantive comments to the SEC rapidly since there was an ongoing and impending proxy contest. One side did, but not the other. It also wouldn't include, by the way, openly discussing a proposed sale of the company to Apollo in the earshot of that portion of the public that may be in a TGIFridays in Sandusky, Ohio on a given night, some of whom did in fact hear portions of the conversation, but not publicly disclosing the proposed "merger" of Apollo and FUN until much, much later)...

Note that I am not now, nor have I ever been (nor likely ever to be) an insider at Cedar Fair LP or Cedar Fair Management, Inc., as that term is legally defined. And as I have also said recently, thank goodness for that.

In many ways the next to last sentence of the Business Summary here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=fun

is the most important, and the most overlooked by investors and followers of Cedar Fair LP:

...Cedar Fair Management, Inc. serves as the general partner of the company. Cedar Fair, L.P. was founded in 1983 and is based in Sandusky, Ohio.

Because I do not ignore that sentence (nor the current credit environment), I like to think I have (and am often told I have) a perspective on Cedar Fair that by far most do not. That perspective has allowed me in the past to early on predict events in a contrarian way, a way that later proved to be quite accurate. (See, for instance, my near instantaneous impression of how the proposed Apollo sale would end). And yes, all that has been said in this post is instrumental in my opinion on what will happen next with Paramount Park's largest ride investment in 2000, an opinion I have never publicly shared, and am not about to do so now. I believe I did, and it was my intent to, cover virtually every currently viable potential outcome for Son of Beast in my post to which you alluded.

Executive Summary (pun intended): The Interpreter does not intentionally cause material events at Cedar Fair LP or Cedar Fair Management, Inc., he merely interprets them.

Terp, trying to honestly help.

Yes, someone knows. Son of Beast is built of engineered wood. It will never need painting or staining. It would need wood replacement from time to time and other maintenance, if it were to be operational. (Anyone thinking there is a hint to Son of Beast's future there needs to learn about the subjunctive in grammar...)

You might compare Beast and Racer, which were not built of the same wood. That product simply did not exist at the time...Once upon a time a foolish company stripped the paint off Thunder Road...which then....rotted.

Terp, who says questions are the way to learn

Terp, you are correct.

I recently got my Master's degree in teaching, and one of the central concepts of the whole program was...listening and questioning.

How can someone learn from being asked a question (giggle)?

I believe it is called the Socratic method, and I have had more than enough of that...especially at my age...(though I find myself now frequently asking the questions...we do grow up to be our p....uh....parents? Is that a fair Q?

Oops, I did it again...and again! Please don't hold it against me.

Terpy, not Britney...no spears here...

Post number 1225 of this thread is not relevant to any new information. So please none of this, "WUTSZ!!! WER GTTIN NEWZZ STUFFFDZ FOR SOBBB!!!" crap. They simply said they will let us know when they finally decide what to do.

HTCO, preparing everyone for the inevitable.

I'm interested to see where Son of Beast ends up on Mitch Hawker's wooden coaster poll. Based on my last rides, I had it on the bottom of my list to be honest.

Here's my "#1 Quality woodies"

-Cornball Express: Indi Beach

-Kentucky Rumbler: Beech Bend

-Raven: Holiday World

-Voyage: Holiday World

-Viper: SFGAm

Following:

-Boardwalk Bullett

-Georgia Cyclone

-Thunderhead

-American Eagle (Red Side)

Hurler (Carowinds), Son of Beast, Beast, Rattler, Mean Streak, and Blue Racer (at KI) have been some of my worst woodie rides haha.