Resurrection

fanofFirehawk

Top choice would be the return of the Phantom Theatre. I liked the Smurfs when I was a kid but I loved the Phantom Theatre and was so disappointed when it got changed to Scooby Doo. I would ride it over and over.

Also Tomb Raider returned with all the effects as it was when it first opened.

And Antique Cars and Woodstock Express back to Beastie with the tunnel.

• Like 4

Antique cars, Son of Beast, tomb raider, flying eagles, king cobra, theming and some names to return to the rides / rollercoasters. Winterfest, The Beast to run with its old skid brakes for trims, the return of nickelodeon universe and Hannah Barbara land being there own sections, and the return of some of the old perks for platinum and gold passes.

• Like 1

I would ressurect the distinct themed areas.

When I was a kid (late 70s) every land had its own music, costumes, decor, and rides that matched the themes. I still remember walking down International Street listening to festive classical music, and the employees there had French looking outfits. In Rivertown, the backwoods banjo music, the gingham costumes, and all the buildings had that weathered timber look. Wild Animal Habitat had real animals, safari outfits, and exotic looking flora. Octoberfest, yep they wore lederhosen. Or faux lederhosen anyway. And the rides were called "Das Viking Fury" and "Der Spinnen Keggers".

In those days, a trip to Kings Island literally felt like a magic trip around the world. Now it is still fun, but feels like what it is: a nice park in suburban Cincinnati.

Magic Kingdom still has this distinct themeing throughout. It seems like nearly every ride has its own dress code, and the music transitions so smoothly as you walk from Adventureland to Frontierland, or any land. I swear they even talk different based on the land. I love that.

• Like 7

King Cobra! But I would def bring back The Smurfs, Flintstones,Jetsons,Yogi Bear & Scooby-Doo! to greet guests on International Street.For my wee ones Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle (They hate Boo Blasters) Hmm.. and Smurfs Enchanted Voyage.( Sorry it was a childhood fav of mine)

I would like King Cobra with different seats. I could not get the them to adjust low enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomb Raider has been mentioned, but I guess I'm technically the only poster on this thread who wishes The Crypt were still around. I never rode it as Tomb Raider, so I don't have memories of the "glory days" to compare (though, I've seen videos of TR and understand how people could have preferred it). The Crypt offered up a level of theming that really stood out as interesting to me. An extreme indoor thrill ride in the dark, combined with epic music, is an experience I miss. I go through the Haunt attraction primarily to catch a glimpse at what remains of The Crypt.

Phantom Theater was gone before my first visit to Kings Island, though I would love to see something similar in the park. Dark rides are trending toward the shoot-lasers-while-riding genre. While that has its place, hopefully, non-interactive dark rides aren't a dying art.

Horizons didn't have lasers.

Tomb Raider has been mentioned, but I guess I'm technically the only poster on this thread who wishes The Crypt were still around. I never rode it as Tomb Raider, so I don't have memories of the "glory days" to compare (though, I've seen videos of TR and understand how people could have preferred it). The Crypt offered up a level of theming that really stood out as interesting to me. An extreme indoor thrill ride in the dark, combined with epic music, is an experience I miss. I go through the Haunt attraction primarily to catch a glimpse at what remains of The Crypt.

Phantom Theater was gone before my first visit to Kings Island, though I would love to see something similar in the park. Dark rides are trending toward the shoot-lasers-while-riding genre. While that has its place, hopefully, non-interactive dark rides aren't a dying art.

Horizons didn't have lasers.

Tomb Raider was really amazing. I loved the entire feel of the ride. The effects were just cool.

Once they took out the decor, it really sucked. I don't quite understand why they did not attempt to revamp the decor - in a different manner of course. I found it very boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk