Fact or Fiction

Mr. Coastermania

Does that mean I was right? Cuz the question was if anyone died ON the ride. And this person did die, but not ON the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's getting extremely technical. It could be reasonably assumed that in a hypothetical situation where a person is killed by an amusement ride, the person will probably have been removed from the ride by medics for treatment of his or her injuries before he or she actually dies. Even in the incident last year where someone fell to their death from a coaster (was it Texas Giant? I forget), the victim died when she hit the ground, not while she was still physically on the ride, yet most people would say that she died on the ride. So I think it's reasonable to say that a person died on a ride if they suffered the injury while on the ride and later died at the hospital, or more generally if the injury resulted from riding.

The Disney Organization is widely reputed to not see things that way...

• Like 1

I have always wanted to know, did people really fall out of The Vortex while upside down?

Yeah, they fell out at the top of the 2nd vertical loop, but when the train reached the bottom of the loop they ended up falling right back into their seats like nothing happened. I was there and saw it, it was crazy.

• Like 3

So I read post 32 as they landed in an upright seated position with their harness closed, despite the fact that the track entering and exiting a loop cannot be directly under the top of a loop.

It was a windy day, the wind blew them over into the correct position. The harness flew open -- that's how they fell out in the first place -- then closed from the g-force after they fell back into their seats. Duh.

• Like 5

Wait, people think there's even a .01% chance that ANYONE would read "people fell out of The Vortex in the vertical loop and landed back in their seat" as anything but sarcasm/a joke? And we have someone stating their fear that such a statement might make "the press"? Seriously? LOL that's the dumbest thing I've ever read, lighten up people!

• Like 2

Exactly. I really don't think KIC, the park or Cedar Fair would be amused if this stuff made the press...and KIC was cited as the source.

He has a point. You would be absolutely shocked how many times myself or the park is contacted over a post on here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Exactly. I really don't think KIC, the park or Cedar Fair would be amused if this stuff made the press...and KIC was cited as the source.

He has a point. You would be absolutely shocked how many times myself or the park is contacted over a post on here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I can see that. Afterall, how many times has pure conjecture been twisted into "rumors" and hearsay disguised as "sources," all for the sake of a slow news day?

• Like 4