Something new besides Banshee for 2014?

IndyGuy4KI

On KI's Facebook Page (figured it deserved its own thread!)

https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland?hc_location=timeline

Banshee is not the only new attraction that our guests will be excited about this year. Be sure to check back tomorrow at 4:00pm for an announcement on something else that’s new this year that will appeal to guests of all ages!
  • Like 11

I doubt it is another attraction for this season. That being said, I would love it if the park did add the Flying Eagles back to the park.

My guess is that they announce either the live shows for 2014, or officially announce the return of the band organ on the carousel. Although the second part is not really something "new" since it previously used to operate on the Carousel.

• Like 4

An attraction can mean ANYTHING. I think they are using their words carefully here.

An attraction can be a magic show, remote control boats, a museum, a ride, etc.

I doubt it will be a new ride. Why would they take the "New ride" focus off Banshee?

Whatever it is, it certainly won't be as "big" as Banshee, so I don't think it'll be taking any focus from it. Possibly a companion ride.

• Like 5

When I see something that says "appeals to guests of all ages" I don't immediatly think "ride" I don't recall if the Eagles or anything like them have a height restriction, but there will be many rides my soon to be 2 year old won't be able to enjoy. And you won't get a lot of grandmas and grandpas on a ride that spins a bunch like the Monster (no height restriction), etc... I could see something like the carousel or more specifically the organ for it as something appealing to guests of all ages. The show lineup would also be something that would work, or perhaps the return of the clown band or something along those lines.

I'd love to be wrong, thrilled actually, but I just don't see the return of the Flying Eagles this season. Sometime soon? I think that is very much a possibility.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be any webcam for Carowinds that we could check to see if their Woodstock Gliders has been disassembled. It's still listed on the Carowinds website, if that means anything.

We can get Flying Scooters without getting that particular set.

I will concede, however, that it would not be the same.

• Like 2

When I saw the announcement on Twitter, I first thought Flying Eagles, but then I realized it said "attraction" and my mind immediately jumped to the idea of bringing the rock climbing wall back as it could fit in the Action Zone circle. I know the knowledge of footers on the site may not support this theory (pun intended), but it would still be a cool idea.

• Like 1