2007: The Next Big Thing

RailRider

With Coaster Con XXX coming to PKI in 2007 and also the scheduled release of some big Paramount movies for 2006 and 2007, who else beleives like me that 07 will be the next big thrill attraction at PKI? What are your predictions?

Here is just a short list of some of the big upcoming movies for Paramount, that would lend themselves to an excelent ride or attraction.

The Brazilian Job : Stunt Track Sequel to IJ:ST

Watchmen

MI:3

Captain America

Mighty Mouse

Indaina Jones 4

If PKI does make another themed attraction, you can definitely count their best two movie options out...War of the Worlds (Spielberg has already guaranteed the rights to Universal Studios) and Indiana Jones (Disney already has their hands on that). They won't make another ride based on the Italian Job premise, that's just too repetitive. We've already expanded our kids area (again), so I doubt Mighty Mouse would be used. Mission Impossible is basically all they've got left aside from Star Trek, and since Trek has been -almost- retired, they probably won't use that.

They have enough The Rides at Paramount Parks.

We need some kind of Star Trek experience. It is like the longest lasting Paramount brand and their most successful. I think they are holding out on it so that people go to Star Trek: The Experience.

There is only one ride concept that has appeared on the surveys that would make an acceptable - not great - but acceptable replacement for Vortex - and that is the Addams Family coaster - and that is only if they make it intense. If it had inversions, and was at least 100 feet high - it would be awesome. Knowing Paramount though, theyd probably make it 30 feet high with no inversions.

But - Corkscrew at Silverwood theme park is 11 years older that Vortex - and still operating. Loch Ness Monster is older than Vortex too. So if PKI removes Vortex - it is just because they are making a really st00pid marketing decision.

It's been rumored like many times before, that 2006 will be the last year for Vortex sad.gif I hope it's not true. But if it is hopefully they will replace it with a nice big looper.

yes I think this is true too. I think Vortex's days are almost over. Its a great ride. i will miss it a lot.

-----Jennifer sad.gif

There is places in the park for a new ride with out removing much of anything and they can destroy more atmosphere. I think ride removing is over for now. I think there is some that are not worth the space they take up but they will not be removed. It cost money to remove rides and that adds to the cost of the new one.

There is places in the park for a new ride with out removing much of anything and they can destroy more atmosphere. I think ride removing is over for now. I think there is some that are not worth the space they take up but they will not be removed. It cost money to remove rides and that adds to the cost of the new one.

yea true. But it seems like Kings Island always has to take out a ride that we all love to put up something else.

-----Jennifer

There is only one ride concept that has appeared on the surveys that would make an acceptable - not great - but acceptable replacement for Vortex - and that is the Addams Family coaster - and that is only if they make it intense. If it had inversions, and was at least 100 feet high - it would be awesome. Knowing Paramount though, theyd probably make it 30 feet high with no inversions.

But - Corkscrew at Silverwood theme park is 11 years older that Vortex - and still operating. Loch Ness Monster is older than Vortex too. So if PKI removes Vortex - it is just because they are making a really st00pid marketing decision.

Green Day: The Movie.

laugh.gif That would rock !!!!

Anyway I want to see the addams family coaster in PKI I mean the IJ:ST was a total let down. But not to add more fuel to the fire but I have been told that Vortex would be taken down this year and I hope that if tex is taken down that the addams family would replace it.

Green Day will NEVER posess as much talent as Pink Floyd, they got popular after they ripped off a song from the band Chicago. You wont see anything Green Day at a Paramount Park due to the political factor, and im not saying i agree or disagree with the band, but I doubt they want anything that has to do with politics within a "family" park. I also dont see Green Day coming to Timberwolf..........why? because Timberwofl is a very sorry excuse for a venue and Green Day isnt controlled by Paramount theyve got other big whigs to listen to, theres much nicer venues they can play in that seat more and are more accomidating.