Bat Video

Enchanted Voyager

I saw this on the other guys forums and thought you guys should see it too. It's a promo video for The Bat. You have to join the site, but it's free so thats cool. Plus it has a nice forum and tons of other videos of other rides. I apologize if people have already seen it or something but I just real excited to see it so I thought others would be too.

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_videos/default.asp

enjoy biggrin.gif

That was awesome! I'm surprised they got it to run long enough to get the video. Kings Island was ahead of their time, for sure. I love how the video starts out like an old horror movie. They need to do some of that again. Does Kings Island not look different in that video? All grass and trees!!

That was awesome! I'm surprised they got it to run long enough to get the video. Kings Island was ahead of their time, for sure. I love how the video starts out like an old horror movie. They need to do some of that again. Does Kings Island not look different in that video? All grass and trees!!

Uhhh, the ride ran pretty darn good.

The whole reason that it was taken down and dismantled was that the park could not guarantee up time due to the various problems.

Uhhh, the ride ran pretty darn good.

I wasn't trying to say anything bad about the ride. I never even got to see it. I was just going on what I've read about how it was down a lot, and they removed it after only 3 seasons or so, and the company had to replace it with The Vortex.

Interesting video, though...would love to see more like it...

yeah it looked like an awesome ride....what ever happend to the trains of The Bat? i'd like to get one and cut off one of The Bat heads or even make a nice chair/ couch out of the car

All of The Bat heads got cut off when they took the ride down. I went to college with someone that had one in his room. He won it at a employee event at Kings Island back in the 1990's. Also about two years ago someone was selling one on e-bay.

Covered the track? Do you mean banked the track? Seriously though, the ride needed major work in order to get it to run consistently. Which is why PKI ultimately decided to remove it. That and the fact that they went for another more reliable ride from Arrow to replace The Bat.

yeah it looked like an awesome ride....what ever happend to the trains of The Bat?  i'd like to get one and cut off one of The Bat heads or even make a nice chair/ couch out of the car

All of The Bat heads got cut off when they took the ride down. I went to college with someone that had one in his room. He won it at a employee event at Kings Island back in the 1990's. Also about two years ago someone was selling one on e-bay.

I don't remember any employee event in which ride parts have ever been given away.

Me thinks he may have pulled your leg.

Covered the track? Do you mean banked the track? Seriously though, the ride needed major work in order to get it to run consistently. Which is why PKI ultimately decided to remove it. That and the fact that they went for another more reliable ride from Arrow to replace The Bat.

I remember going to a meeting where some of the Directors asked each of us what was wrong with The Bat. Everyone came up with a variety of things and reasons. Alas, they finally said that the ride worked, it was safe and it was what the park was attempting to achieve. The issue was that they could not guarantee up time for the ride and that this was causing too many issues for the park. Thus, it went by the wayside.

Before they started dismanteling it, they let employees go on a last ride. That's a big regret that I have in not going on the ride one last time.

• 2 weeks later...
Covered the track?  Do you mean banked the track?  Seriously though, the ride needed major work in order to get it to run consistently.  Which is why PKI ultimately decided to remove it.  That and the fact that they went for another more reliable ride from Arrow to replace The Bat.

I remember going to a meeting where some of the Directors asked each of us what was wrong with The Bat. Everyone came up with a variety of things and reasons. Alas, they finally said that the ride worked, it was safe and it was what the park was attempting to achieve. The issue was that they could not guarantee up time for the ride and that this was causing too many issues for the park. Thus, it went by the wayside.

Before they started dismanteling it, they let employees go on a last ride. That's a big regret that I have in not going on the ride one last time.

No Offense Wooferbear, but from what I've read and what you have said you've told us that you were a supervisor of carts at KI and worked there up untill you were in college and that your last year was the first year Paramount ran things. If you were just a food carts supervisor, and I'mn ot insulting your job or anything, then why were the park directors asking you the opinion of what was wrong with the ride when you didnt work in rides or on the ride nor have a working knowledge of how the ride ran? Or do you mean that they asked you from the perspective of someone riding it if there were any discomforts?

It was as part of a training. I think that it was Service Excellence Training. There used to be levels of completion for each empoloyee and after two or three years everyone had to complete Service Excellence training.

There were a whole system of examples. ie - A Guest buys a hat at a shop and loses it on The Racer. What would you do if they came into a store and reported that. You'd replace it. (Yeah, I was surprised.) Why was The Bat taken down. They could not guarantee up time. What happens if someone buys a platter of food and drops it on the patio. You replace the platter of food. LOL, just all part of Service Excellence. As part of it, you received a Gold Name Tag as opposed to a normal Blue Name Tag. I still have mine somewhere in fact.

As far as my work history: I started as a line employee at Quick Draws Cafe. (Connected to Quick Draws was Smurf Goodies, Bam Bam's Bon Bon's, HB Cotton Candy and HB Sipper) I became a morning person at Quick Draws. I then became Cashier Foreman for Quick Draws. Then I became a supervisor trainee. The supervisor trainees had to work in all food stands and learn all opperations. I then became an assistant supervisor at International Funnel Cakes. (Attached to Funnel Cakes was Munchen Tower and Oktoberfest Fresh Fruit/Lemon Quench) I then was assistant supervisor at Mushrooms and Rings. (Attatched to Mushrooms and Rings was Tower Drinks and International Street Push Up Kart) I then became Supervisor at WAH Karts. (Attatched to WAH Karts was WAH Corn Dog, WAH Icee, Adventure Quench and WAH Ice Cream Kart.) Finally, I became Supervisor of International Street Ice Cream Shoppe. (Attached to International Street Ice Cream was International Sipper and Internaitional Street Popcorn Kart.)

Yup, that's a lot of places. I had worked in or filled in as a superviser at every food service operation in the park except Internaitional Restaurant.

So there ya have it.