2007 Season Pass Announcement coming

CoastersNSich

Quote from CoasterBuzz:

"During the ACE Preservation confrence, a park representitive who's name eludes me right now was asked about the plans for (Cedar Fair) season passes next year and how it would all work with the Paramount aquisition. To my suprise, he said that we may know as early as next week as to what's going on for next year.

By the way, the PR was from Valleyfair and ACE was there Friday August 4th.

I can only guess at the details, but it seems we'll soon know when as to what they are...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they anounce soon so we can start to budget and plan for next year. When they do anounce the 2007 season pass plan, I think this will the first sign of the direction Cedar Fair is going with Kings Island. What name will be on the Passes, Perks, Parking. ect.

Yeah, I`d agree that anything much more than about $125 is rather expensive (especially $200) for a family of four or five. On the other hand, the value could be increased since it would include admission to other parks that are in the state/area. The fact that you could buy a Paramount Park season pass before the year was over for the following season for only about $70 a person was a really great deal. If they raise the prices too much, they will alienate some of their current pass holders from renewing. It will be interesting to see if they offer passes for the following season in the last couple of weeks of this season. Cedar Fair has not done that while Paramount Parks have.

I agree, they need to be very careful how they price these passes. I am sure they will offer different types of passes. KI only. Ohio only? and one for all Cedar Fair parks. I just hope they don't turn this into an add on game. Example: KI pass $100 then you have to buy a parking pass for $50 and then $30 dollars for perks, etc... If the Orlando parks can offer a year long pass to Busch Gardens or Sea World for about $125 dollars (including parking and perks) then you should be able to buy a seasonal pass to KI for less than $100 (including parking and perks).

Yeah I concur. I think that $70 was a little underpriced, but about $90 is a fair price, IMO for a season pass to just Kings Island, with parking and perks included. If, as I said before, they overprice a basic Kings Island pass, they will loose season pass holders, which at KI make up a large part of their attendance and in park spending.

Parking won't be included. I paid 107 for my pass this year - and 30 for parking. Next year I figure it will be like about the same - but about 70 for parking. The all CF pass will probably be like 200 - and I will get it unless there is a Ohio pass that is cheaper. Ill gripe about the price, and be mumbling as I fork over the cash - but I just can't be "out". I can't stay away. laugh.gif

I hate to not get a pass, but I'll probably just plan on going maybe once during the season, and just buying a single day pass.

Even with a pass, its a 160 mile round trip, so, at best, its $25 for gas. Plus at least one meal, and if I have to pay for parking, and the pass goes up, trips to the park will go under the "unnecessary spending" column in my budget.

I’m with you PKIfan73, we spend $40.00 each time we come just for gas. So I at least hope they give some type of perk on parking. I’ll be a little upset if we haft to opt out, but the upside will be that we’ll get 2 day passes for Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Coney Island and Kings Island of course. This will give us a chance to catch up on some other parks.

Well, I bought by 2006 season pass last fall for $70 and it included parking. I would still get a pass if it was $107, but I`m sure more than a few families would think twice before renewing their pass if the price had jumped that much from the moment they offer 2007 passes (which are when they are at the cheapest rate).

well, not to sound like a debbie downer and all.. but cedair fairs prices just suck...... i mean paramount had a lot of parks but didnt charge as much as cf does... i dont get it but if they up the prices i know that peole will NOT GET PASSES!!! so if i was ceo i would keep the same prices.. maybe in a few years, if they put in some new coasters than yeah maybe up the prices but not now.....

Does anyone know if they will hint to the new ride next year. This might make me get a season pass next year. Now say if the new ride was a water slide I might take a year off till Cedar Fair gets the bugs worked out of the pass program.

Suffice it to say that if Cedar Fair thinks that knowing next year's ride would adversely affect season pass sales, then they won't announce the ride until late...after many passes have been sold. If, on the other hand, they think the ride will help sales AND if they want to sell season passes, they will announce the ride early. After all, if you owned the park, isn't that what you would do?

If they go any where over $125.00 (X 4 for us) then we are out and will just buy 2 day anytime passes if they still have them next year.

Same here, I'm a divorced mom and I can't go that high. Maybe it won't be as bad as we think. What does GL charge for their passes?

Currently, CF prices are:

$24.95 for a one day Geauga Lake Ticket

$39.95 got a one day Cedar Point Ticket

$79.95 for a GL season pass good at all CF parks EXCEPT Cedar Point and Soak City/Oceans Of Fun

$99.95 for a CP season pass good at all CF parks EXCEPT Geauga Lake and Soak City/Oceans Of Fun

$130 for a CP/GL season pass good at all CF parks EXCEPT Soak City/Oceans of Fun

$154.95 For a CP/GL season pass good at all CF parks INCLUDING Soak City/Oceans Of Fun

$75 for GL/CP parking add on (Good at both parks)

$65 for CP/GL parking add on (Good at only the issuing park)

Mb425, those are prices for the remainder of the 2006 season. Cedar Fair has not announce pass prices for the 2007 season yet. There is no word on when exactly they will announce them, or how they will structure the Paramount Parks into their season pass system, especially in Ohio. I`d imagine, at least at Kings Island, that season pass holders are rather profitable for in park spending.