Park acreage

sam2cpa

According to the latest information available at the Warren County Ohio Auditor’s office, the following information is available regarding the land owned by the Kings Island Company:

Parcel 9426795, Account 16172000050, Acres 5.0600, Other: Vacant Land

Parcel 9434054, Account 16172000120, Acres 3.0419, Other: Great Wolf Lot

Parcel 9400044, Account 16171000020, Acres 14.1483, Other: Vacant Land

Parcel 1202233, Account 16172000130, Acres 620.2015, Other: Amusement Park

Parcel 0900656, Account 16174000030, Acres 4.8700, Other: Vacant Land

The total is 647.3217 acres, and the parcels are contiguous.

Two other parcels with different owners are within the above mentioned 620 acre parcel.

Parcel 9434064, Account 16171000010, Owner: Trustees Union Cemetery, Acres .5 Other: Cemetery north of parking lot

Parcel 1202235, Account 16172000120, Owner: Warren Co. Commissioners , Acres .918 Other: South of SOB helix

More information, including maps, real estate taxes, property values, is at the Warren County Auditor’s site at: http://www.co.warren.oh.us/auditor/property_search/index.htm

Using the above numbers will assist you in your search.

This topic was briefly discussed here, but no exact acreage was given.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...pic=5776&hl

For some reason, I seem to recall that Kings Island has 712 acres. I seem to recall seeing a PDF at the time that Cedar Fair purchased Paramount Parks that listed every park`s acreage. I cannot currently find that PDF, so I cannot verify that information.

I actually find it interesting to see how much the park pays in taxes each year. Of course, they probabily get the majority of the $1.7 Million back somehow.

And as for seeing what, if any, new rides are coming for 08/09, you cant. Apparently the park has a deal with the County to keep those off the books until its released. Right now it is displayed as ############

But my question is what is this memo:

96.26 ACRES STATE EASEMENT NO VALUE.

Cedar Fair, which owns Kings Island, does not have any ownership in Great Wolf Lodge or the property on which it sits. The one-time campground, Paramount Parks retained an ownership in exchange for providing the land and also got a percentage interest in that Great Wolf Lodge...which was offered to Cedar Fair as part of the acquisition. Cedar Fair declined. CBS, former owner of Paramount Parks, later sold its retained interest to Great Wolf Lodge.

So, other than being the Official Resort of Kings Island, Great Wolf Lodge and Cedar Fair/Kings Island share no legal connection.

As for that easement land, it is highly doubtful it can be developed. What isn't road is probably protected by what is called a conservation easement, which prevents development...and is probably why the assessor has apparently valued that portion of the property at zero.

Apparently the park has a deal with the County to keep those off the books until its released. Right now it is displayed as ############

Well there could be such a deal. But, you actually have to go to the city of Mason. They deal with all the Kings Island stuff. For instance, building permits, are not through Warren County specifically, instead they go through the city of Mason, and end in the city, as far as filing purposes anyways!

I had a project to do for school. My business plan involved an amusement park. This required me to do some research...

And I could tell you even more about building permits if you really wanted me to! I`ve had to take drawings in for building permits, and I`ve also had to take revised drawings in and insert them into a set already on file at various building departments in the area, including the City of Cincinnati`s.

For some reason, I seem to recall that Kings Island has 712 acres. I seem to recall seeing a PDF at the time that Cedar Fair purchased Paramount Parks that listed every park`s acreage. I cannot currently find that PDF, so I cannot verify that information.

Check out the SEC filings for Cedar Fair...I also remember seeing the listing of available land at each acquired park. I think it was in one of the filing documents that CF was required to put out at the time of the acquisition.

• 9 months later...
Can't you go to the Wrren County Town Hall and see all development in the area?

If so, I will go there and Definately see if they are making a new ride at Kings Island.

I don't think a county would have a town hall first of all, but i don't know if they need a building permit for amusement park rides.....do they?

If you are building any structure, be it a deck or a ride, you need to typically have a building permit. And you need building permits to build such things as decks on the back of houses. With roller coasters, there typically is at least one building associated with the ride, besides the permit for building the actual ride. That would be the station building which must receive its own permit and be built in accordance with the state building code. In Ohio, the current building code is the 2007 Ohio Building Code (OBC). Building codes (and the plans examiners that examine the building plans to certify they meet the building code) are there to protect the life and safety of the general public. As a general rule, the building code specifies minimum standards only. Good design will feature elements that offer more than just the minimum requirements.

Depending on what municipality has jurisdiction determines what building department plans are submitted to. Throughout my various co-ops, I have been to many building departments turning in drawings to get a building permit, including the City of Cincinnati, city of Mason, Butler County, Hamilton County, and Clermont County.

Someone at Six Flags New England also thought you didn't really need a permit for the Dark Knight coaster, which was to have been built there. Key word...was. When you build a structure without getting the necessary permits, governments can and sometimes DO demand removal. See Agawam, Massachusetts for an example.

Someone at Six Flags New England also thought you didn't really need a permit for the Dark Knight coaster, which was to have been built there. Key word...was. When you build a structure without getting the necessary permits, governments can and sometimes DO demand removal. See Agawam, Massachusetts for an example.

The patrons of SFNE are for the better without it...although, TDK coaster at both SFGA and SFGAm do wonders at allocating crowds away from the Bull or the Viper! :lol:

• 5 months later...