Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/17/2012 in Posts

  1. Unlike no other? Sorry, Don; that means just like another. I believe you meant either: A. Like no other or B. Unlike any other. Terp, equal opportunity clarifier.
  2. 8 points
    Come to think of it, last year at Haunt in the Festhaus. There were these guys that were a good bit shorter than most people. They dressed really funny too. They'd get in something called a ring(which was odd 'cause it was a square) and proceed to beat the livin' snot out of each other with garbage can lids and office equipment to a point where they'd actually bleed a little bit. Security would just stand there and watch! It was almost like KI wanted them to do this. Weird stuff.
  3. Guest
    New for 2012 at Halloween Haunt is Madame Fatale's Dead Inn Feast, a high-end haunted dining experience unlike no other. The menu is to die for and includes Chicken Marsala, Beef Tenderloin Medallions, Shrimp Pasta, Raviolli, Pasta Rustica, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pasta, and an assortment of desserts, unlimited soft drinks and a cash bar. Doors open at 5:00pm with dinner starting at 5:30pm every Friday and Saturday night during Halloween Haunt (except for September 22). After the meal, dinner guests will be the first to experience the all-new Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror maze. Seating is limited, so now is the time to reserve your seat to dine with the dead and experience Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt2012/tickets-offers Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror will open at 7:00pm for non-dinner guests.
  4. As you eat, please don't choke on the food, unless you are dying to join the cast!
  5. "Hurr hurr hurr, they ain't scar- AAHHHHHHHHHH!"
  6. Guest
    The park is open 9/23. Hours are from 11am until 7pm.
  7. I do sacrifice watching football for a dead day in the park.
  8. Lots of people are like that apparently. Sundays in Oct, one can ride until they pass out. Most everything is a walk on.
  9. You can look at this from another side. The Beast is still the signature ride at KI. Why would KI put another wooden coaster? Some of these new wooden coasters are very expensive to maintain now.
  10. 2 points
    Do you have any idea the hours I sit in my basement, eating Cheetos, trying to write something that's entertaining to read? If you scan back over my past posts you'll clearly see that the hours to funny ratio isn't very good. Now you want to steal my itty bitty thunder crack, huh? Just kidding...Welcome to KIC!! Revenge is a dish best served cold!!!
  11. You sound like me when the BB props were ar SC! Anyways the theme looks great and the props look insync with the whole maze for the feast. Great job!
  12. 2 points
    no prob. as being a scarector for many different haunted house's (including ki in '09 (& this year)); i find that most places have a story plot that can be followed if one looks for it. just like with urgent scare in the early years having the same story plot similar in style to the remake of "the crazies". but i have also been to (as a guest) places that have no story plot @ all & make no sense period which becomes hard to follow/convey. i personally see haunted house in general as a form of screenplay for a movie/theater. due to the fact that you have set pieces/designs that you walk thru that try to tell a story to begin with. then you have your main scarectors that play as your main cast that are out in plain sight with lines. then you have your secondary scarectors & extra's that help the story pull together with sudden/quick but effective outbursts. so long story short, were here to entertain you as if you are watching a movie.
  13. Wow, the themeing is great in the restaurant. Is that a statue from The Crypt I see in the corner?
  14. 2 points
    I don't even want to know. Didn't like it then, glad it's gone now...
  15. Guest
    Here's a look inside Madame Fatale's Dead Inn Feast. http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/buchers_beat/things-are-spooky-at-kings-island
  16. Some are dying to get in.
  17. Please read the previous posts before yours. The OP was not disputing that the park has sell outs or that the park shouldn't have sell outs. He took issue with the fact that those days had previously been advertised as open and that the information on different sources was conflicting.
  18. 2 points
    Cedar Point in general is overrated.
  19. Don't you dare even think about touching my Dodgems.
  20. ...I seem to recall a poster who posted a list of very expensive to maintain woodens, but it got lost in all the dinn and summers. Some were custom coasters. For at least one park, the gravity of this great problem must be great, indeed. Parks have considered many remedies, from pre-fabs to toppers to lighter trains to trains that track more truly.
  21. Thank you, Don, for helping resolve this issue, even this late in the evening. Your posts on here are always appreciated.
  22. The most I've ridden Vortex in one day is 18 (10/14/2012). On two trips I've ridden 12 times (10/02/11 and 9/03/12). Apparently, to break the record I'd have to ride it at least 14 19 times during one KI trip. Plus, I ride Vortex differently than most, which is why I don't necessarily say that it is "rough." I just think it is a nice, fairly smooth ride with some "personality" here and there. And yes, I'll ride on!! I have ridden Vortex for the last 24 trips. That first trip of those 24 was on 7/23/2010, when I took my very first Vortex ride. (I don't want this to sound like bragging...) In response to khaoskat's post, I also got a Vortex photo (during my 9/03 trip), which was in a waterglobe and a keychain! (I also paid $11.05)
  23. And thank YOU! Terp, who appreciates history and tradition. (and who notes "TAER it down"''s new found relevance...coming very soon to a park near YOU!)
  24. Things are more like they are now than they were when I got here. And if you could care less, then you do care some. Terp, ever Terpy.
  25. 2 points
    I would vote, but I might be a little biased. Aw, what the heck... I'll vote anyway!
  26. 2 points
    This may interest some of you who are into conceptual stages of art production - namely Kings Island rides/attractions. I am good friends with one of KI's early employees who was a concept designer/sculptor. I met this individual from tracking down some of his other early work when he was employed with Kenner toys here in Cincinnati. This is the guy who sculpted the original Boba Fett action figure, for those of you who are into Star Wars While at Kings Island he sculpted nearly every fiberglass relief (3d character, sign, etc) in the park from the early 70's until KECO took over in the early 80's. He has told me several stories of what it was like working on projects big and small in the park. Some concepts were scrapped very early on, while others made it further and few were put into full production. I have always been most interested in The Bat ride and remember only seeing it as a child. At the time it was standing, but not operating. When he mentioned having worked on the design phase of the ride, I naturally asked if he had anything left over and he said only a few pieces have survived, but yes. He explained his work on the ride in an interview I conducted with him as follows: "I was told that we were getting a newer kind of coaster that would be very unique. There wasn't much detail given about the specifics of the ride, but we knew it was going to be different since Kings Island decided to go the route of unique coasters after the success of The Beast. The original concept for the park was that it would compete head on with Disney, but coasters seemed to be the new wave, so thats the market they played to. The first idea management had was that the new suspended coaster would be space themed. So they had me draw up a few sketches with moon surfaces and a queue line leading into a space station dome. I loved creating waterfalls, so naturally I added that in to the design. The entire surface was to be sculpted out of polystyrene and then covered in fiberglass. It would've been a massive undertaking, but we had already done this with the revamp of the Rub-A-Dub ride, so we knew we could do it. A week or so later I was given an order to begin creating a haunted house type station that would serve as the loading dock for the new ride. So out went the space ride idea and now we are working on some kind of haunted house themed coaster. I was told that they were now going with a bat theme and would need some sketches reflecting this concept. It was soon after that I was asked to sculpt up a large bat head to be attached on the front of the coaster trains. I love that thing! The haunted house loading station was to be decorated with pictures of "bat people" and a vampire maquette so I came up with a few ideas that were somewhat crude in nature, but would be refined once approved. Those concepts were unfortunately not approved since the theme was strong enough as it was. It was a job like any other...you are told what you were going to work on and the art department did everything they could to get it approved. Ideas would sit around for months and then all of a sudden management would approve the idea and want it completed and in the park yesterday! The ideas were already in place, my job was to simply refine the idea and give us a heading on what we were working on and how it would be accomplished, but ultimately management had the final say on what we could and could not do. The best projects were the ones where they would tell us to just be creative and come up with something! But I thought The Bat was a great theme and it's a shame the ride had so many problems" and lastly, his "artists proof" that was the first pulled from the mold and airbrushed for management approval... All of these items were rescued from certain destruction as KECO was taking over. They saw no value in the items and auctioned off the majority that remained. I'd love to one day showcase these items for the general public to view...if the park would ever ask me ~Josh
  27. Also really glad to see the old Crypt props still being here. And that 2 news reporter better consider himself lucky.
  28. great promo material; looks interesting.
  29. 1 point
    OH YEAH! and once I saw these two short dudes fighting in the middle of festhaus, and kicking people and punching people. I wonder what they were fighting about.... Dang. I didn't see the above post. YOU GUYS BEAT ME TO IT. lol
  30. I'll be there this friday to try it out. I'm always dying to eat!!!
  31. I believe I will take my 5 year old brother to that.
  32. Actually not bad considering the meal your getting.
  33. Whoa $48.99 per person? I think I'll pass on that...
  34. 1 point
    Oh, another interesting thought...what if these rides were built, then the Cedar Fair take-over still took place in 2006...what the heck would Cedar Fair have re-named them? Remember, these are the geniuses who brought us such great re-names as Drop Tower and Flight Deck... My guesses: Addams' Family Coaster: Guess what...my mind is drawing blanks so...Spooky Haunted Castle Coaster! Yogi's Cave: Snoopy's Cave?!?!
  35. 1 point
    The Addams Family ride was going to be a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter coaster that would have been where Backlot Stunt Coaster is today.
  36. I was in the final segment of Cut Throat in between the guns/cannon and treasure. I was generally near the ground. Anyway, what do you think of the new zone.
  37. i made it up this past saturday. it was a fairly decent size crowd. you could say it was packed, but there was still room to walk around. the rides were busy till there haunts opened up. once the haunts opened up, it was the haunts that became busy while the wait for rides was short. i met up with xgatorhead, mrs. gator, kiruler, & markr that day. we thought we saw phantom theater, but wasnt very sure. i feel like im rambling now, so ill rap this up & say that we did have fun & the reports from my group that was there on friday as well that while friday was way less crowded, everyone seemed humble; so were chopping that up to first night jitters.
  38. Well, I certainly wouldn't call that thing successful.
  39. And technically, we still have Son of Beast, but we cant say that for much longer...
  40. I didn't think you were. But the impact it had was stark. Our country changed in many ways, both good and bad.
  41. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24647-history-of-the-haunt/page__p__443771#entry443771 Great topic by Tombraiderty
  42. ...What if I think I'm more superior to other posters...? *slowly backs away*
  43. One of the comments from the uploader of the "Best View" video. I guess he and other "thrill seekers" don't realize the families are the biggest revenue for the Point and big expenditures, especially ROLLER COASTERS, are erected via that revenue.
  44. Results not typical. Your experience may vary.
  45. We're getting a little hostile here guys. Son of Baconator is still a new member and is still getting a feeling for how this forum is ran. Im sure we were all a little bit...different when we joined then what we are now.
  46. The problem with posting multiple topics about his ideas can be considered spam and it does clutter the boards. Most of the ideas can be put under topics already created.
  47. Do you realize you don't have to post a new thread on here every time you have one little idea about Kings Island?
  48. Hardly. I have frequently expressed the sentiments expressed above.
  49. 1 point
    Great Post, glad some people still value KI's history.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.