Everything posted by SML828
-
Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company...
They had Chinese in 2001....at the stand across from International Showplace...it was pretty good, but they took it out.... Oh yea, International Restaurant (above the front gate) was a good restaurant and had access from in and out of the park....I wouldn't call it dressy though....it was nice, but not 'dressy'.
-
Scariest PKI moment.
I didn't even think about the storms that have happened...There have been many over the years...Of course being an usher we had to open the theaters during storms so people could come in out of the rain...The theaters were always swamped with people...one year (I think it was the storm mentioned above - the whole theater started to flood)...Another year we were stuck in the green room under International Showplace it was storming so hard...two of us decided to brave it to the parking lot and the rain was literally blowing horizontal...it was very freaky! Then of course the PKI parking lot is known for flooding and floating cars!
-
Scariest PKI moment.
Gay Day (or Red Shirt Day) was always interesting... I was working Karaoke one year...Let's just say that gave all new meaning to the song "My Boyfriend's Back" Another year at Karaoke, a person got up on stage, and because a lot of people wear shirts that say "Yes, I am"...she got up and said "I'm NOT!"...Got boo'd like ya wouldn't believe. I wouldn't call those days scary, just unique!? Scary would be times when we've had people pass out or have heart attacks during or before a show...those times are just panicky. Let's see - at Timberwolf I've been threatened for telling people not to stand on the benches....I swear a couple of times, especially once in 2001 I thought the guy was really gonna hit me...I was just doin my job. There was another scary moment, but I can't think of it right now...Oh yea, a couple seasons ago they had a thing at International Showplace where a few of the actors from Days Of Our Lives came and basically talked and answered questions...THOSE WOMEN WERE NUTZ! At the end of each 'show' (they did 2) - I got to be right down by the stage blocking these women from going up to mob the guys...We were gettin smashed up against the stage and everything (and I'm a big guy)...That was really scary... Anytime we had 'celebrities' at PKI it got interesting! OK, that's enough!
-
TimberWolf Amphitheater
Good - a topic I know about.... First off, T-wolf is actually a big theater...It holds 10,000 peple...The bad part is - it needs an overhaul...I've worked MANY concerts...The ushers pretty much run the show - as far as the audience is concerned. Yes, Britney was there (that was one of the worst nights - people were just SO darn rude)....They always have the Christian concerts (which suck too)...They've had Jessica Simpson, O-Town (twice), Aaron Carter (twice), Brian McKnight, Sugar Ray, REO Speedwagon & Styx....just to name a few. Back in the day they used to have 'real' concerts all summer....I think they need to give the place a facelift and make it what it used to be...I like that they are at least keeping some shows in there....better to start small than not start at all Sorry for the ramble.
-
PKI.com updated with great Scooby shots
FYI....More new pix of Scooby were added on 1/9/03 I can't wait for this ride!!! It's gonna be SO cool!
-
International Street's Royal Fountain
Hopefully the Eiffel Tower is getting a paint job...
-
Info On 3rd Ride
I still don't understand "live entertainment show" - all of the in-park shows are "live entertainment shows"....some like Nick even have audience participation...so that is nothing new...
-
Do You Watch The Shows?
dralph - What did you do in the dept? I'm a former E&Aer too....
-
Do You Watch The Shows?
I totally hated the magic show....
-
It's Official...sponge Bob 3-d @ Pki
Well, according to Screamscape it's official for ALL Paramount parks.... PKI's quote: "Spongebob Squarepants in 3D - (11/20/02) Paramount and Blur Studio (7th Portal) have confirmed that a new simulator film called Spongebob Squarepants in 3D will be added to the Action FX Theaters at all parks. " I'll wait on passing judgment until I see/experience the actual ride/movie....
-
New Coaster
You do realize the only reason the old VP left the park is because they wanted him to do the same good things he had done for PKI at PKD...there is absolutely nothing wrong with KI...it's a great family theme park...remember, coasters aren't everything...it's the atmosphere as a whole that attracts FAMILIES...
-
Do You Watch The Shows?
Shaggy - I agree for the most part...The entertainment has gone downhill...and I'm hoping (after 2003) that the shows pick up some steam. I think 2003 will be a transition year and then things should pick back up. I do think some of the shows in the past few years have been ok (Retroactive, Retro: Repeat The Beat (my fav), the Flintstones and the Jetsons shows at enchanted theater, the original Nick shows (pre-Slime Time Live), etc.). Of course, that's coming from someone who worked there (sometimes seeing a show 30+ some times a week). Oh yea, we actually have the "Celebration" album...I don't really remember the show clearly, but we do have that record.
-
Do You Watch The Shows?
Based on my other posts, it shouldn't be hard to tell that I see the shows...considering I've worked at them. There have been some good ones in the past...of course there have also been some not-so-good ones. My favorite was "Retro: Repeat The Beat". It was at the International Showplace the summer of 96.
-
Phantom Theater
Inraider - You are very hypocritical...You like to state your opinions, but you get all huffy when someone else states their (differing) opinion...Just remember everyone has a right to post their opinions and since this is Aaron's site/responsibility...he has veto power over anything and everything involved here...whether we agree with it or not.
-
Phantom Theater
Yes, it's sad that it is being closed...but the new ride should be AMAZING and it's time to move on already...plus like Aaron said - it's just a ride
-
Tomb Raider And Extreme Rides 2002 Roll Call...(2)
Well, I got the rejection letter from Siebert. It said over 1000 people e-mailed about the video shoot. Oh well, it was worth a try!?
-
Upgrade's At PKI Over Winter
I TOTALLY Understand D!
-
Yogi's Final Farewell
Scooby is the only HB character that they are keeping. All of the other characters will be Nick characters. Dumb Dumb Dumb! The Entertainment Department is goin right down the crapper next year! The whole department is changing, and not necessarily for the better!
-
Yogi's Final Farewell
they were all out on Sunday... Fred, Barney, Astro, Dino (i think), and of course Yogi! I even heard a little kid yell "YOGI!" - and they say the HB characters aren't popular anymore!? This is gonna bite them in the butt and I hope it hurts!
-
Info On 3rd Ride
Like I said, I'm goin with the Skyride idea... It's TOO spaced out to be for a coaster. Yogi, if you are who I think you are...it's Steve. I got a picture of you on Sunday (F.W. was your escort.)
-
Info On 3rd Ride
Hey all... I got this from another site, thought I'd pass it on! I've got some ideas of where this could lead! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jeff Siebert said it & I believe it....PKI to get 3rd attraction..... Yep, you heard right. While waiting for the coveted LAST RIDE ON The Beast FOR THE 2002 SEASON, Jeff had a tete-tete with the gathering crowd and this Momma (plus a hundred other folk) heard him say it just like this: Jeff: PKI's getting a 3rd attraction. Anybody rode The Beast today? Crowd: YES! Jeff: Notice the clearing of land beside The Beast? Crowd: YES! Jeff: Hmmmmmmmmm........(as he rubbed his chin figuratively) Jeff: Anybody rode the Son of Beast today? Crowd: YES! Jeff: Notice the clearing of land beside the Son of Beast? Crowd (drooling! -at least I was!): YES!!!!!! Jeff: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....(rubbing that chin again!!!) He left it at that, but assured us that PKI was, indeed, getting a 3rd attraction. No other info given, but the crowd started throwing out speculative wish lists and Jeff just smiled. Click here to view original post! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ OK, back to my thought: I'm thinking some kind of skyride like the park used to have way back when, one end near SOB and one end near The Beast...I think this could be very cool! Anyone else have any opinions??
-
Dolphin Show
I personally think it's past the learning stages...Paramount's had ownership long enough that they should have a rough idea of what they SHOULD be doing. Speaking as an employee (just finished my 8th season), I think Paramount is in it only for the money. The park has lost a lot of the 'family' aspects since Paramount bought it.
-
Dolphin Show
You do realize the 'pond' isn't where the dolphin show was, don't you? There actually used to be a canoe ride (if I remember correctly, no I was never on it) on the 'pond'. The Dolphin Theater was literally right up next to the International Showplace...between Showplace and where that little Smoothie-drink shop is. You could actually see into Showplace from the top row of seats in the Dolphin Theater. Right now there are just a few trees in the area. But yes, I agree that parks do need some green-space or scenery.
-
Dolphin Show
Actually both theaters had green mesh tops. The one on Showplace has always been there.
-
Phantom Theatre Parts
I agree, I think Delirium and Scooby's Castle (and I'm guessing something with WaterWorks) will be the BIG additions for next year... BUT, I also think that they are going to work on the overall look of the place. If you recall, a few years back when they completed re-painted Hanna-Barbera? Of course that also included a few ride-name changes...which I don't see happening anywhere else in the park. But I definitely see a new coat of paint on a lot of things and just some general clean-up.