Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SML828

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SML828

  1. PKI never used ride tickets...That was one of the 'cool' things about the park - a one price for everything deal...
  2. Yes, food is cheaper in Oscars for employees. Anyone with a valid/current PKI ID can eat in Oscars. It just open during the Operating Season. They LaRosa's, burgers, chicken strips, salad bar, fries, and normally one or two various 'hot meals' each day (i.e. Skyline, Taco Salad, Pasta, etc.) There are also a few other different items, as well as various vending machines.
  3. Oscars is the employee cafeteria....Or as PKI says: "Where OUR stars eat!" - I know, corny, isn't it! Oscars is basically between International Showplace and the Back Porch...behind whatever restaurant is there (Magilla's, I think)...there's a path to it on the Back Porch side and another entrance behind the big gates on the Showplace side.
  4. SML828 replied to NoLimits8705's topic in Kings Island
    DragonLord - Let's just say what you've heard about Britney is true...I had the 'pleasure' of working the concert...and know people that were backstage - I never heard one good thing about her...the attitude!
  5. SML828 replied to NoLimits8705's topic in Kings Island
    That's one of the worst parts about T-wolf in general, but especially at Spirit Song...I too had to tell people not to stand on the benches...Is it really that hard to understand? I think it was for the Aaron Carter / A-Teens concert...one guy got up in my face like he was gonna hit me...because I kept telling him and his kids to get off the benches, but "people in front him weren't"....Oy! People don't realize it's for their safety....
  6. AMEN! That ride is SO painful....
  7. SML828 replied to NoLimits8705's topic in Kings Island
    I remember seeing the Beach Boys a few times... As part of my job at PKI I worked at the concerts over the past years and some were decent, most were not. Britney was 4 years ago...I remember because at midnight that night I turned 21. I absolutely HATED the concert...people were so RUDE to us. The biggest concerts recently have been REO/Styx, O-Town, Aaron Carter (who sells out every time), Jessica Simpson, of course Spirit Song (another thing I hated working), Sugar Ray, Jars of Clay, and of course some others. I wonder what's coming this year...Timberwolf definitely needs an overhaul - it's a GREAT place - seating 10,000 people, but the layout isn't so great and the seats are definitely in need of some work.
  8. SML828 replied to SML828's topic in Kings Island
    Thanx for the response! I'll have to try it....I didn't think it was available at stores yet though...thought PKI was the 'test market'....
  9. SML828 replied to SML828's topic in Kings Island
    FINALLY - back to the main purpose of my post!
  10. SML828 replied to SML828's topic in Kings Island
    How did this topic stray so much? I just wanted to know what the new pop tastes like....sheesh people! Oh yea, it's not a movie park....just by having a few rides named after movies doesn't make it a movie theme park....Universal Studios Orlando and Hollywood are movie theme parks....Disney MGM is a movie theme park....PKI is a family amusement park.
  11. SML828 posted a topic in Kings Island
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried Sprite Remix at the park. Is it any good?
  12. Without a doubt the roughest coaster is SOB....Last June I went on it for probably the last time...I got off of the ride and both of my knees were black 'n blue....the bruises lasted for a couple weeks. I don't know if I'll ever go on that again.
  13. I know it's the lion guy, the lady from Flight Commander, and two from the Oktoberfest pond...that's 4. I'm not sure about 2 others, I thought the boy at the Tower was just legend and the same goes for a boy at The Racer!? I could be wrong on those two though!?
  14. EXACTLY! And it's basically the same thing every year...this just happened to be more crowded than most years, so it was more noticeable.
  15. Wow - it seems weird that people don't know what Flight Commander was....no offense to anyone. I personally hated the ride...it was located where the bungee trampolines are currently located. Basically it consisted of little planes (kind of like the layout of the Eagles - in a circle) - it was up to 2 people per plane. In essence you flew the plane as the ride moved in a circular motion. You could 'fly' the plane up and down as the ride spun as well as spin the plane left & right in a barrel roll type of motion....you could spin in a complete rollover loop. Yes, a drunk women was injured, actually she was killed. She got herself out of the restraints and fell. I hope that makes some sense.
  16. OK, I was there last night using a friend's employee tickets. I have worked at the park for eight seasons (not this year) and I have NEVER seen a preview night that crowded. However, EVERY year it's not just a season pass night....they always give tickets to radio stations for the Sneak Preview night. I can't remember though if employees always got tickets. I thought that was just on dry run day....was there a Dry Run Day this year? If not, maybe that's why. Either way, if you've had a pass before - they always say exclusive and it's always open to many people anyway...what were you expecting? If this is your first season pass, then maybe it was a shock. So it was crowded...I expected that being the first nice weekend we've had in a while and being the first night PKI was open and don't forget everyone got to go for free. I totally expected long lines. There's nothing you can do about closed or delayed rides. That's just part of getting out the Winter Kinks. Or the delays with Delirium, getting out the new ride kinks - anyone remember when SOB opened? Enough said... I got into the park about 7pm because of all of the traffic. I got onto Scooby, Zephyr, & Delirium...I didn't wait for more than 45 minutes to an hour for any of these rides, which actually shocked me..plus we played a few games...all of this was done before 10pm....So I got through everything I wanted (Scooby & Delirium), plus Zephyr. It was the best night I've had in a while...so I can't see what all of the complaining is about. I actually think the employees did a great job for getting hit so hard on the first night. Sorry, just had to give my two cents!
  17. No, the Flying Dutchman was not known as Zierer Flying Carpet....The Flying Dutchman was what I called as a kid "the wooden shoes"....it was in a way similar to the Flying Eagles except you didn't have any control over the motion, it just spun in a circle
  18. I bet I could get a picture
  19. I'm guessing by that comment that Yogi will not be attending the Breakfasts... If I recall, it's only Nick characters at the breakfasts....
  20. I didn't get out there today Yogi...I will be out there tomorrow night...a friend of mine has tickets...stop me and say hey if ya see me!
  21. I think what they are saying is that a massive STEEL coaster would stand out like a sore thumb. Even though SOB is big and record-breaking...in a way it does blend in with the surroundings. It doesn't really take away from the look and feel that PKI has worked so hard to maintain.
  22. I just found out my best friend (who I haven't seen in almost 2 years) will be in town tomorrow (of all days)...he wants to do lunch, so I might be going out to PKI - riding Scooby then leaving, I don't think the weather is supposed to be too nice anyway....Delirium might have to wait.
  23. You mean the security cameras? Or something for media day?
  24. Any idea if Delirium will be running at 10am? I know Scooby will be... Or will Delirium not run until 1:30p?
  25. A 23-Hour Day?? That's nothin - quit bein a wimp! Ok, I'm just kiddin Yogi... I hope it warms up a little tomorrow or at least less windy.... Look for me Yogi! I'm definitely goin on Scooby - We'll see how the weather is before I go on Delirium....I'll probly stop in to see L.W. also....
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.