Everything posted by Klabergian Empire
-
International street makeover
https://www.wlwt.com/article/kings-islands-international-street-getting-first-ever-complete-makeover/25916527 HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!! I had a gut feeling this was coming soon!
-
Discussion on Firehawk and Surrounding Land Use
Please note that the picture below is not found on google. I used this website (https://www.mapdevelopers.com/area_finder.php) to zone in on an area that you could use either to put in a Giga coaster or a new area of the park. Now, I'm not suggesting that KI only use this land, but in my opinion i think that KI could benefit from using this land to expand X-Base or a new area of the park. Please also note that i'm not necessarily talking about Firehawks station, but I was thinking about what ideas I had to use this land for. My suggestion would be an expansion of X-Base into where Firehawk is now with the park adding some space themed rides. And then use the Dinosaurs Alive path as a future expansion for the Antique Auto's Ride. At the top of it all, add a Giga.
-
Firehawk Demoltion
I cant seem to find the photo, but demolition of Firehawk is currently underway. From what it looks, it appears Firehawk is being scraped. BTW, someone showed me the photo earlier, so I imagine it will be a little while yet till the photo is out there. If I find it, I will post it
-
Racer Track Work 2019
HOLY SMOKES YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY AGREES WITH THE RETURN OF RACER'S ORIGINAL PAINT SCHEME!!!!
-
Which Engine Do You Prefer?
Personally, Green. Looks better and sounds better.
-
Would a new skyride work?
@BlondyRidesOn, I think this is a great idea! A perfect spot for the fountain would be where nthe old smoking area was in the center of the mall.
-
International Street Discussion
For those who are interested, I started a poll relating to a new SkyRide.
-
Would a new skyride work?
I personally think it would. It would give an easy transport to the other side of the park, a relaxing ride, a great view, and memories for those who rode the last one who miss it. All you would have to do is remove Sling Shot, maybe alter the paths for Adventure Express to make the North Station, re-fit the old South Station, and put up some towers and cable and your basically ready to go.
-
How Far Do You Live From Kings Island (and how do you get there)
I live in West Chester; not to far from the park.
-
Is The Vortex scarier than The Banshee?
Well, one screams and one rotates
-
What do you think KI would get in 2020?
I think a new coaster is a good idea, but I think the park would benefit more if the added another new family ride (such as a new Ferris wheel of a resurrected sky-ride).
-
Is KI planning to rename rides?
Holly smokes, y'all should have seen it when google had Banshee as "Banshaperio"
-
Oktoberfest Discussion
I absolutely agree 100%. As for the Festhaus, I would LOVE if Hoffbrahaus ran it! the real catch is getting them to do it.
-
Oktoberfest Discussion
Here are my suggestions: 1. Re-Germanize the Festhaus and the Bier Garden & Hall 2. Expand the area by removing Sling Shot and ending it around Banshee and Adventure Express with flat rides such as a Ferris Wheel and a new Der Spinnen Keggers. these are my ideas so far; if i think of any, i'll put them down.
-
Oktoberfest Discussion
I'm sorry, but I need to put this out there: OKTOBERFEST ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO BE REDONE!!!!!!! Why, you might ask? Well, if you have been strolling through the area at all for about the last 10-15 years, you will have noticed that there are only three rides (none are original), its one of the smallest areas in the park, and the German theme is 95% gone. Here are some examples: https://goo.gl/images/92aTFJ https://goo.gl/images/XLTSGK https://goo.gl/images/4K6vg4 https://goo.gl/images/rSBB2v And yes, the countless other rides that used to be here (Der Spinnen Keggers, Ferris Wheel, etc) and the bands. Kings Island should bring them back. (btw this is in no way roasting or making fun of Kings Island; I am merely making a suggestion to better this area of the park)
-
International Street Discussion
Ya know, I watched the Partridge family episode last night. The most iconic scene for me was the shots of International Street like the picture below. I personally think that a return to this set-up would benefit not only the park, but the eyes of the guests too. Just remove the trees, plant new ones, paint job on the buildings and some other landscape work and you are good .
-
My photos of WinterFest 2018 (and some past ones as well)
Yews 100%. The new star is barely visible from alot of angles.
-
Future plans for Firehawk's station discussion
You do have a point......... Any utilization of Firehawks station would benifit thet park weither it be a gift shop or a Haunt maze or a new ride. The way I see it, the park would have more success with the station if they expanded X-base to go either to Action Zone of end out at the upper end of Coney Mall. That way, X base becomes its own area of the park and there is room for more rides.
-
My photos of WinterFest 2018 (and some past ones as well)
Photos will be posted today.
-
Winterfest 2018 Discussion Thread
The horse drawn coaches in Coney Mall are $40 a ride (not per person).
-
Discussion & History on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad
Well, lets see..... we have forest monsters and Hall & Oats in the shed......... its either going to be railroad themed or water themed.
-
My photos of WinterFest 2018 (and some past ones as well)
I'll post some photos that I took later today, but for now, here's this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/473792823282745243/
-
Discussion & History on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad
I myself have seen the photos, but personally I think Kings Island should clean up Fort Coney and the old house.
-
Discussion & History on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad
I see it too (kind of).
-
Discussion & History on the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad
They are out there, but I can't seem to find them. If I find them, I'll post them. Also, look at the topic under Fort Coney.