Everything posted by Avatar
-
Increased Prices 2010 Season
My wife and daughter rode to the park with me today and I gave them $80.00 to spend for lunch and dinner. When we got to the park they went their way and I hung out with many of the KICentral members. My family rarely looks at the prices when going out but just get what they want as I usually pay the fare, so I made sure they had enough money today. When we meet back at our vehicle tonight my wife and daughter both asked me to stop somewhere to eat on the way home, I asked did I not give you enough money for food. My wife's response was "yes but the prices where so high and I could not spend that much on what they were asking for, so we just snaked here and there", she the rattled off some of the prices at the park as an example. I think Kings Island has finally surpassed my families price point breaking point. I truly believe in supporting the park and will continue to do so in a variety of ways including purchasing some meals at the park still, but we be packing a cooler or leaving the park midday to have a late lunch/early dinner more regularly on our future visits to Kings Island. This is in no way meant to be a negative post about Kings Island but more of an informative feedback. Kings Island we have supported you and will always do so but we can no longer afford your food prices each and every time we come to the park and we understand your reasons for the menu prices.
-
10 Year Old Boy Killed By Bus On Disney Property
Thanks Robbie that was very informational and I enjoyed the read.
-
10 Year Old Boy Killed By Bus On Disney Property
Things like this just break my heart, so sad.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
I agree It does look good and something I can definitely get used to.
-
The Magic of Disneyland Through a Child's Eyes...
Oh My God – I don’t check-in on one day and find out Railrider posted his California report that day. We do we start? First I gotta tell you when I saw the character breakfast pictures I knew behind that camera there was a daddy so proud that his face is not big enough to contain his smile. Plus between you and me I know you had tears of joy witnessing such a magical moment and if you think you and your wife’s tears are the only ones tearing up over that moment you would be wrong, as I kid you not I am tearing up just seeing you guys in those pictures. Times like the one you just shared with your family are sometimes far in between and I am so happy that you guys got to experience the Joy that Disney can give a family. Thanks RailRider for the accolades it is very kind. Your report is a big reason why I am so passionate about Disney and why I like to share my experience and little knowledge. I know that those who go with at least a bit of planning that there is a huge chance that they will experience a major life long magical moment experience. I mean who would not want to share a place where a family can find “The Happiest Place On Earth”. I can not wait to read the rest of your report. Your report really makes me want to book a flight to California soon. Thanks for taking the time. Oh and BTW I love the picture of the two of you on Dumbo and the family shot with Mickey and too many favorite pictures at the breakfast to pick just one:D. Looks like you guys will be heading to the store soon to buy some picture frames as pictures like those should never be stored on a computer or left in a drawer. I am so happy for you guys I could just hug ya.
-
A Victory For Kings Island Is A Victory For Mason!
MrSTONEking was the only person that I heard who spoke in favor of the parking and gatetax and I respect anyone’s opinion. The problem was while I was sitting there listening to his speech I had a hard time trying to figure out how his seemingly disgust with Kings Island related to why Mason needs to add a tax to VISITORS of the park. At best it was a mile long stretch to me as to why the VISITORS of the park need to pay for the allegations he made about Kings Island. On my way back home I tried to figure out why MrSTONEking seemed to be so distraught. I only could fathom one thing and I will share. MrSTONEking must have took his girlfriend to Kings Island several years back and his girlfriend must have dumped him there and left with the lemonade stand guy because the lemonade guy had more creditability. Of course I may be wrong but I bet its something like that.
-
A Victory For Kings Island Is A Victory For Mason!
Both trips and standing around in the cold weather was so worth it to help and to stand with a organization that gives back to the community from a obvious money grab. Very impressive to see so many from so many organizations and groups to stand up to Mason. Kings Island has many freinds.
-
Indianapolis Childrens Museum, Dinosaurs, Chihuly, and Star Wars.
Fabulous trip report Railrider they get better and better, Is there any way possible that you can top this last one? Looks like your family had a great visit while here in Indy, plus it looks like the museum was not very crowded from your pictures. We are always happy to share some of our fun spots around the city and glad you came. I love the childrens muesum and used to go more often before my mother got a anual pass and now takes the grand kids every few weeks. I love Zoe in the Dino outfit carrying an egg. Well if futur reports are anything that this last one then we all are in for a wonderful treat.
-
Kings Island Must Really Read These Posts
You know the park knows who supports it in times like these and a great showing from KICentral like last time sends a loud message that we are of value, which goes along way when Admin ask to be included in functions and when the park need participants to news and media events. I do plan to attend as I would like to add comments from where I left off and to explain why my property tax is so much lower than it is in Mason Ohio, I think what Mason is doing with their community is outstanding but visitors should not be forced to pay for their community projects. The only thing that will keep me from attending the KI Tailgate and Masons city council meeting is if the Indianapolis Colts win. In that case I will be taking Miss Rae to the celebration parade or Lucas Oil stadium celebration for the home team Superbowl victory!!!!!
-
New KI Slogan?
Thats why I did not respond with my opinion. It seems if you don't like something or try to share you thoughts even at times if they are negative, some one will come along and try to Dub those opinions as a Donnie/Debie Downer.
-
universal superbowl deal?
Great answer Gator and in fact they have raised the prices a bit in expectations of large gate numbers. Last year they had a bit of controversy about the free tickests, the promotion was supposed to be one per household but many found ways around that and won more than there fair share and then sold them on ebay or met them at the park to sell them. Universal was aware of it afterwords and even asked the winning recipients to answer some questions in a online survey, asking for everyone's honesty but reassuring that they are not keeping track of the answers to the individual surveys. They also stated they would still honor all free Super Bowl vouchers. I bet they do not repeat that promotion with the same restriction. I did win one of the vouchers and did use it during my famlies visit last September. I will say that if we did not win the free voucher we would have went to Sea World parks instead of Universal so the promotion did bring them guests as we stayed overnight on property and bought Annual passes for Miss Rae and myself. Good luck if they do but I am not holding my breath on this one.
-
You might be a KI addict if you...
You might be a KI/coaster enthusiast if you dream of or support this type of mass transportation to and from your school or work. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxkb6c8Aas&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxkb6c8Aas&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxkb6c8Aas&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyQycf0qiE&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyQycf0qiE&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyQycf0qiE&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
-
Merlin (Blackstone) Buys Cypress Gardens
sounds like at least one of the two will be saved.
-
World's Best Kids' Area to Get a Whole New Look in 2010!
No matter how I try and take this comment I think i'm offended...since I do admit to being a park "enthusiast"...I guess I would have to fall into one of two catagories... the most I can hope for is to be a "whiney enthusiast"...which isn't great but, if I don't fit there, that means I am simply average and would fall into the "typical whiner" catagory...that would disappoint me also...I try to NEVER be average! You know Standbyme after reading that comment I admit I went back later and reread it and thought to myself "so is that what the park thinks of enthusiast" but seeing who wrote that and putting that comment in the context of his post and what he was saying I knew better than to think that was meant as a blanket statement for all enthusiasts. But honestly I can only hope that the bar of pleasing is set as to please even the whiniest of park enthusiast and not set so low that they are only trying to please the "average paying park goer". Because if that is the level of trying to please, then there will always be whiny enthusiasts and if they fall short of the lower goal of just trying to please the average paying guest then they will have major problems. My dad always told us as kids "strive to be the best at whatever you do, if you are a banker be the best, if you sack groceries strive be the best one at it and then you will be successful". He never told us to just try to please the average. Thanks Dad!!!
-
Aquatica Expansion - Omaka Rocka Officially Announced
Nice update with picture. Todd I look forward to your first hand review of the new slides and look forward to several visits to Aquatica next Fall.
-
Great Wolf Lodge at Kings Island to Add Water Slide
Well that about time has come and gone a few years ago, at this point I don't even hold out hope for Boomerang Bay receiving anything new. I understand why but as a waterpark fan it is disappointing to year after year few improvements or additions. Last time I went they where playing regular rock music like the rest of the park and that was the last time I went. Very unrelaxing, I have spoke up but there is little they can do under the circumstances so now we just spend most our time in the dry side of the park.
-
Crowd on Memorial Day Weekend
I have visited during Memorial Day weekend for the past few years and like interpreter said it depends on the weather on the crowd size put In my opinion that weekend has also played host to the best special event activities of the season. If Kings Island plans to have another spectacular event planned over Memorial Day this year count me in.
-
Charlie Brown & The Haunted House?
Trust me they would never call it a hitching post anyway but more likely like "a poll in the ground"or "a half buried piece of wood"
-
Charlie Brown & The Haunted House?
Well at least there are two things we can count on here. Horrible Way to generic renaming of attractions Disappearing posts Edited to add; I crossed out "Horrible" and put in "Way to generic" as I feel that is more appropriate.
-
Questions about Disney World, trip upcoming in May
OK first things first congratulations to you Dad. You are going to make a couple children very happy as well as making some family memories that your family will cherish decades down the road. Let me also congratulate you for making one of the best decisions that you will make on your upcoming trip and that is for asking for advice and tips before you go. That tells me you want to have a awesome family vacation and want to make sure your give your family the best experience possible. Disney is more affordable than many think but none the less it is still expensive. Many go down to Disney World and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars and they show up with out a plan or just try to wing it, that's OK because they do not no what they are missing. I assume by you asking that that is not what you want. My first trip down with the family I had a great basic plan and knew what park to hit and what was the must do shows and attractions. We flew in at night and checked in our Disney resort about 11PM at night, it was dark so we really had not got to see the Disney Magic yet except for the wonderful service staff. The next morning when we were walking out the door I can remember how over whelmed I was of from the magnitude of the place and wondered how in the world those without a plan do it. I do subscribe to a paid site that helps families plan a trip and gives many inside tips and tricks on how to tour the world with out the stress. It does not tell you to follow a one size fits all plan but rather gives you inside information and the tools so you can tailor fit a visit that works for your own family. TGM says many pay a lot of money to go on a trip but won't spend a few bucks that will make there trip the best possible. If you are interested in that just let me know and I will guide you there. I have many tips and suggestions to make but only will give it if you really want it. To answer your question about Animal Kingdom; that always depends on each family, but I find with families with children the ages as yours they can spend a whole day at Animal Kingdom easily. The shows and character meets are wonderful there and they offer a great parade towards the end of the day which the park itself closes at 5PM towards the first of the month and 6PM most other days. The park is the most spread out and requires a lot of walking don't be surprised that even when you leave you will be just as wore out as you will be from the other parks. We often stay till after the parade then take a quick buss ride to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to have a look around then a wonderful dinner at one of their many restaurants there. As CoastersRZ said above Epcot is also a great park for kids but if I was to leave one out and my kids where the same age as yours that would be the one I would skip if I had to leave one out. At Hollywood Studios they have a wonderful night show of Fantasmic. that show is absolutely wonderful and I suggest that you all not miss that show but keep in mind they only show it on select nights so plan carefully. I have some questions if you want to answer that may help us help or suggest tips for you. Have you set a date yet and are you firm on it? Are you staying on-site? Do you plan to visit Disney again in the next few years or is this the last trip for a while? How many days are planning to visit Disney? Are you pulling the Kids out of school during your trip? Have you made a reservation to have lunch with the princess in the castle yet? Or to have them made up to be a princess or pirate. (Depending on their gender) Like I said earlier I will give you as much information that you want and will make suggestions but I do not want to force it on you so I tend to hold back unless asked. Feel free to PM me and I will help you as much or less as you want. I truly enjoy seeing families going to Disney and want to give them the best opportunity to make it the best it can be for them while they are down there. As you can see there are many on here that can help and have great information to share. Here is a great site that gives good basic planning tips and how to save some money on the basics. http://www.mousesavers.com/ Thanks standbyme and jzarley for the vote of confidence.
-
PTR: Universal, SeaWorld, Disney, Busch Gardens
Goodyellowkorn182 – what a nice wonderful trip report so far, its always nice to read about others experiences when visiting the Florida parks. During last trip last Fall I did get to spend so more time in Suess Landing and I am with you on how fun and detailed the area, I do not think it is possible to walk through the area with a frown on your face. Please Please tell me you rode “The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!”. It is a ride that is meant for the kids but since we were all kids at some point I think most will absolutely adore that ride after riding. The story telling during the ride is fabulous and I wanted the musical sound track to the ride after our second ride. I am like you I just love them in my parks and wonder way some parks shy away from it so much. I have learned to try and not compare KI to the theme parks as it just makes me depressed and then upon returning to KI I tend to be very critical of the parks theme which tends to spoil that visit a bit. Look forward to the rest of your report.
-
New Forum Skin
I waited for almost a month before making a comment, as we have been told that the new skin is a work in progress which I do appreciate. I would like to request that the embedded links be set to be opened in a new window like it was before. This should be a quick fix. I at times like to open a link/article and leave it open so I can make a proper response but also so that I can go back later to reread. Thanks in advance.
-
Universal Studios New “U Select” Ticket Prices
Universal has rolled out its long rumored U Select prices yesterday 1/10/10.http://www.orlandose...prices-20100111,0,3535584.story New ticket price menu can be found on their site here http://www.universal...aspx#ParktoPark I am so glad I bought a annual pass last year and will be able to use it on my next visit this Fall.
-
batty begining's to the new year
Thanks for the reminder, I am planning to keep it to mostly the cave tours and save the other activities for when we head to Dollywood later in the year. The thing is the caves run close to the same temperatures in the winter as they do in the Summer, so I think it would be a good choice to help get the family out during the winter months.
-
KI history photos - Merry Christmas!
Wow and thank-you for sharing, those pictures really showed how Kings Island looked and with the old grand atmosphere. I know everybody loves the trees on international street but for me I liked the more wide open feel back in the day of your pictures.