Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reon

  1. Mhm. Besides, if your in a Cincy-style park, eat Cincy-style food. Dont go for something generic and expensive like pizza. Just go for some delicious Skyline at a BARELY inflated price. I mean, a 3way and a coney is only $7
  2. Hey, if someone could drop by Mt Lookout around 5:15, Im all for skipping. I've been too good of a SENIOR this year, and everything I have to do ends Wednesday.
  3. Same here. I know how it feels. You go to Walnut too?
  4. If only I could. I'm technically done with all my exams on wednesday, but I have to come back for 2 days of nothing. Then again, I havent skipped any days yet...(though I highly doubt I could get my parents to drive me up to PKI at 5:45 am)
  5. Yeah. I think we'll do HW then>.> No offence to you CP fans, but I did that the last few years..I think its time to visit our OTHER good park in the tristate area....Also, we're on a strict timeline, so we wont have time to enjoy a full 2-day visit to CP, and going to our homepark kind of ruins the whole trip...
  6. Bump. Also, incase we need to stay for 2 days, what hotel? I noticed they listed some on the official site, but none of them displayed any rates etc...Wheres the best deal for a group of 6 or 7?
  7. what? You mean pre-recorded, or they actually say it during each dispatch?
  8. Reon replied to BoddaH1994's topic in Rumors
    I heard SoB would be down. Oh the travesty! Also, Delerium will be demolished, and the King shall rise again =D
  9. Including the 3-hour drive both ways?
  10. Alright. Between here and school, its still pretty close. One more question should decide it: How much time do you need to spend to fully enjoy Holiday World?
  11. Vortex! Sweet airtime, loopy goodness, and seriously twisted. Is there a down side to it?
  12. Reon replied to italianchef's topic in Trip Reports
    I have to admit though..they pinned the crap out of me yesterday. I could hardly find air on anything if I werent so skinny...
  13. Reon replied to italianchef's topic in Trip Reports
    I...dont know if we want to know 0.o;
  14. Reon replied to italianchef's topic in Trip Reports
    Its this stupid tutoring/etc program that Marshall University offers. Of course Im not able to do anything myself, so my parents forced me into it And Coaster, lets hope their THAT flexible. I would HATE to finally land a ride-op job and be stripped away all for something I didnt want to do...
  15. Reon replied to italianchef's topic in Trip Reports
    ... Lets take a look into my summer! Since I'm a Coney ride-op now, my training starts May 2 (next tuesday). Ofcourse season wont start for a few more weeks, but I'll barely be able to work as is... May 25, I graduate from Walnut, and early June-July I go to some stupid summer program for the HELP program my parents signed me up for. July-August, I'll be at Coney again (provided they allow me to skip a whole friggen month), and August school starts after a week of marching band camp. I have to cram in as many parks as I can now...
  16. Reon replied to Reon's topic in Trip Reports
    SO long as you ride in back, there is air. I think its weight proportional, since I didnt get that much today (one of the only people on the boat) when its full though....INSANE floater air. Like, Vortex level... And I think your right about action theater. When I first checked in after my first Vortex lap, Spongebob was open (so I skipped it.) However, after dinner the film switched.... Oh, and before I forget, heres my new 06 stats: *Vortex-4 laps *Beast-1 lap *Racer(Recar)-2 laps *Racer(Racer)-1 lap *Adventure Express-2 laps *IJST-1 lap *Avatar-2 laps *FoC-2 laps *Top Gun-1 lap *Cheese Coneys-2 *3 ways-2
  17. Reon posted a topic in Trip Reports
    As I arrived in the park at 2pm, my mind was set in stone. I had 4 hours to ride everything I missed on opening day. But first, Vortex! After my experience in my last visit, I've been trying to find the perfect seat where I get every bit of air that I can. This time the winner is the third-to-last car. I got slight pops on every hill, going up and down into the midcourse, in the corkscrews, AND in the batwing. New record anyone? I really dont see how anyone can NOT love this thing. Anyways, next up was Italian Job, which only had a 15 minute line (a common theme throughout the park today). The ride was running all effects aside from the speakers, so that was a plus. But the main thing is they actually spead it up since last year. I experienced quite a bit of air on it for some odd reason. Oh well, THE QUEST FOR ULTIMATE AIRTIME CONTINUES! Next on the agenda was Beast. After yet another 15 minutes, I was in the back car (not last row though). As usual, the trims totally killed it, but still fun. I mean, you cant top that helix with pretty much anything. Then came Tomb Raper...or not. The line went all the way to the entrance, so I didnt even bother. But so I wouldnt change directions, I headed straight for Nick Universe, where I went onto the baby Vekoma....with a walkon to front row =D As long as I was in NU, I decided to ride Avatar. This time the ride was rather forceful and fun. The key is to sit in the back and as far to the side as you can. After a trip on Fairly Normal coaster (which now is fully themed and still packs some old school airtime), I ran to the Action Zone, chanting "Action Science." As I arrived, and after a quick viking round, I jolted for Delerium. Getting in line, I decided that the 2 car wait was too long for me to care and left, ranting to everyone I passed about how much better King Cobra was =D So I did the only logical thing and went to Gillete Mach 3 the ride...I mean Top Gun. Kudos to them for blasting the origional soundtrack, which I love to death. As I rode, I noticed what appeared to be pieces for some water slides at Great wolf. They appear to be just the turquise used on our tube slides... Next I went to Drop Zone, which unfortunately had the same line length as TRTR. So I went next door for some good old fashion airtime on Congo Falls. Mostly satisfied, I went up to Coney Mall for some good old racing. Racer was running smoother than Recar for some odd reason, but Recar still had more air, and beat Racer almost every time. After a quicky on Monster, I went for my daily dose of Skyline. Wolfing down my coney and 3-way, I arrived at Action theater. Apparently the Hanna Barbara one IS the same as Universal. Then again its been a few years since I rode that version, so I could be wrong. One thing I noticed though is that one of the old Antiques is in the field of the queu. After a final run on Vortex, I had to head home....
  18. Reon replied to italianchef's topic in Trip Reports
    Gah! Why didnt you guys tell me you were gonna be there...I was there today from 2-7. Oh well, maybe next time we can meet...(Then again I dont really have a summer anymore, so I dont know if there will be a next time)
  19. As they say in the Nintendo thread, WIII! But in all seriousness... ... Dont worry, I gave them an intellegent answer...eventually
  20. Well, it is technically a Walnut trip, so it's still in context. Dont worry about fundings, this isnt on the school. Just some seniors from the band. Unfortunately this means we have to pay, but its a small price to get a trip in this year. (as a side note about that prank last year, I remember being used as a human shield during the 'bombing'. Still pretty funny seing those tables though...)
  21. So far, things are pointing towards HW...I'll have to bring up that I never even concidered GL. It doesnt take too long to do everything there if I heard right, and I've always wanted to ride a flyer and a floorless. On the other hand, HW is home of 3 world class woodies...Exactly how cheap are we talking for GL admission? And yes, Im from Walnut. Even though 06 is the laziest senior class ever. We havent even planned our prank yet Edit: Just checked the GL site. Apparently they're still closed on weekdays at that point. Pity, since admission is only $25
  22. Alright. Heres the deal: Im currently planning a senior trip for my fellow members of the Walnut Hills Steelband (since our trip got cancelled) Schedualed date is May 23-early 24th since thats the only time slot we have to work with...So far so good, but here comes the dilema: which park to visit? On one hand theres the infamouse Cedar Point which I have visited twice before (and loved every second of). On the other hand, for a cheaper admission, and an hour closer we have Holiday World; home to 3 world class woodies. Only problem I see is lack of rides once were done with Legend, Raven, and Voyage. Then again Im no expert on Holiday World. Some of you are on the other hand, which is why I turn to this forum. So which makes a better trip for a 6 or 7 person group?
  23. Reon replied to cougarman4907's topic in Rumors
    ... ... ... What part of change of ownership do you not understand?? 2 things with this statement: 1. My suggestion of a Ger coaster would probabbly be our best bet economy wise. Do you remember how much TTD cost? Millions of dollars more than PKI will be willing to spend next year...Now, a smaller rocket about as high as StormRunner maybe. But a 400+ foot tall coaster, NO! 2. If they do anything in that area between SoB and AE, they should put in more trees to hide them. If SoB is like its mom/dad, it should be hidden partially in the forest. Also, AE has a hidden from society feel to it, and that barrier in between them kind of ruins it...
  24. Reon replied to TOPGUN1993's topic in KI Polls
    Keep it as is. One of our better (thrill-orientated) coasters, and our only launcher if you dont count IJ. Plus the themeing for the line is awesome. Now that our Outer Limits liscence has worn off, I dont see anything wrong with the theming, nor how a new theme would fix it. As for technical difficulties, no ride is without breakdown. As long as its fixable, keep it.
  25. Reon replied to cougarman4907's topic in Rumors
    Reridable we have. It's called Vortex. Good ride, packed with air, and I have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes to ride it, even from front seat etc.. As for new rides, maybe one of those newfangled Gerstlauer's? They arent as big or bad as BM or Intamin, but those Eurofighters look like fun, and have a past-verticle drop, which will give all you thrill junkies what you want. Plus Ger makes wild mice and spinners too. Sure I'd love an Intamin, but these guys would be more affordable, and would draw in quite a crowd IMO.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.