Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TowerGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TowerGuy

  1. All of the things they are working on seem like plausible, but why in the middle of the night? It just makes the cost sky-rocket and people tend to notice, while if they do it durring the day, no on will notice the large light.
  2. It makes the most sense. The upper cut in the path leads to the exit where a monitor may be mounted. The lower cut in the path leads somewhere into the ride, probably where the camera is. I know that it will keep things clogged but if anyone has a better explination of why there is a both there and why the two cuts in the path lead where they do I would like to know.
  3. That is not as far away as you might think, the doorway that is just across the path, is the exit to the ride. And, that booth would be the first thing that people would see when they get outside.
  4. I was looking at the pictures and was confused by yet another of the Scooby pictures. The picture on the top row center shows an exterior shot looking towards the ride exit. The picture shows a new building off to the right across from the exit. It looks to me as an on ride photo both. The reason why I think is because if you look at the two things that run on a V-shape across the path look to be a cut to cover electrical conduits that lead from the ride over the new building. Can anyone confirm that they are planning an on-ride photo booth?
  5. It will be really cool to see the logo for the ride I am working on as I go into work. Was the sign replaced when Paramount bought the park, or did they just add the Paramount logo?
  6. I was at the park yesterday and saw that the big sign in the parking lot was being taken apart. They had taken out the big light board. Does anyone know wether or not they are updating the sign with the new PKI logo?
  7. I am a little confused about the interior shot on the scooby page, dose anyone have any idea where inside that is at? I think that it is in the que just before going down the hall to the loading platform. What do you guys think?
  8. Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. Going to be one of the busiest rides in the park this year.
  9. Let's think about this for a second. Let's say PKI was trying to hide the fact that it was building a new ride. Which would make more sense, working during the day when no bright construction lights are needed, or working at ungodly hours in the morning, when you probably need to pay the workers overtime and have very bright construction lights on? It is the off season and there is a lot more control over who enters the park and there are fewer people around to notice that there was construction going on. However, if you want to play devil's advocate, you could make the claim that they are trying to get it done before the start of the season and they excepsional far behind.
  10. The list of rides that this will affect is Scooby-doo and the Haunted Castle, Delirium, Beast, and Drop Zone, according to PKI's website.
  11. I am not sure, it looks isane just the way it is, it would be crazier if it went higher.
  12. PKI posted new pics of Delirium during one of its tests. It looks like a really wild ride.
  13. I think that it will be very hard to compare the popularity of the two, considering on the PKI website the capacity of Delirium is 600 while the capacity of scooby is 1000 at full capacity. I expect both rides to run a full capacity all summer.
  14. I have to agree. I think that Scooby will be the more popular of the two rides, which means that it will be a busy summer for me. Also, you will see some people who will ride Scooby just to get out of the hot sun.
  15. Kings Island website was updated today to reflect the logo change. Now that I have seen the logo larger, I like it more.
  16. I know that a lot of employes frequent these boards. So, my question is, where is everbody working this season? I will be working on Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle.
  17. I am proud to annouonce that I will be working the new Scooby-Doo ride. I am really looking forward to it.
  18. A few years after they took out the smurfs, our family traveled to another paramount park. I don't remember which one. While we were riding the train, we saw all of the old smurfs set up along the train route. I am not sure if they are still there. It might be worth investigating if someone really wants to take a trip down memory lane.
  19. That is going to sitnk. If KI loses Scooby in 2009, what will they do with the rides already built with his name attached. And for the new Scooby-Doo ride, the investment kinda of seams pointless if they will have to dismantle it in six years.
  20. I am really exicted. I will get the chance to work on the ride every day. It is kinda cool to be able to watch the ride that you will be working on get built through PKI's website. I can't wait for the season to start.
  21. Here, here. However, it will be a fun season.
  22. Beast and Racer, got to love the old woodies.
  23. I had heard a while back that they were planning on playing two diffrent shows at Action FX theatre. One on each side. I am not sure if this is true or not.
  24. The article from the enquirer is only one columnist speaking his mind. It sounds like this has not even been considered by the producers. I would be very surprised if it ever happened. Even though it would be pretty cool.
  25. Very exciting, the new season can't come fast enough.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.