Everything posted by RollerColt
-
Fun Spot Atlanta ArieForce One Relocation to KI?
It’s official: https://www.sixflags.com/blog/arieforce-ones-next-chapter-begins-at-six-flags?fbclid=IwdGRleAUNFIdwZG9mAWZkaWQWUOBTRmcC5Y089XtuquOunya6PeQCoWV4dG4DYWVtAjExAHNydGMGYXBwX2lkCjY2Mjg1NjgzNzkAAR6IQQ_V5cUhvs2fa_Iygeq0gtc9t0NTyZyp1RYBPZmbOZ2mke0Wk1OHtZ5Usg_aem_yO77BiqWcfOhhVhNQYKFOg
-
Fun Spot Atlanta ArieForce One Relocation to KI?
Well said!
-
Fun Spot Atlanta ArieForce One Relocation to KI?
I guess you forgot about the events leading up to 2009? How many pages and pages did we go through of speculation? I mean its always been our M.O. And then I see you made a post on Facebook promoting discussion on where AFO will end up...
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Attention all customers… the summer sale ends in 5 minutes… … Attention all customers… the fall sale starts in 5 minutes…
-
Fun Spot Atlanta ArieForce One Relocation to KI?
I also agree, and it’s definitely possible on a large scale. At Perfect North Slopes with my season pass all I have to do is put my skis on, go to the first lift and the gates automatically scan and accept me on. Don’t even have to go through any “entrances”. It’s amazing!
-
Fun Spot Atlanta ArieForce One Relocation to KI?
Same. I want another mountain of a landmark for the park skyline similar to what Son of Beast provided.
-
Dollywood spent more than $60 million on NightFlight Expedition — was it worth it?
I did notice that. Was very surprised and confused. Of course I’ve seen Holiday World advertised heavily in my area lately (Southeastern Indiana).
-
Dollywood spent more than $60 million on NightFlight Expedition — was it worth it?
You got me there. I guess I don't really have retirement on my radar since I'll never see it myself personally, oh which is a fallacy bias of my own making...
-
Dollywood spent more than $60 million on NightFlight Expedition — was it worth it?
En****ification, or platform decay. It's becoming common across everything in American life right now. Companies that built a reputation in quality eventually shift from focusing on customers to maximizing profits for shareholders. I hate Wall Street... It used to be that a shareholder was someone who believed in the company, wanted to promote it and give it more capital for growth. But now? In this day? It's people who probably don't eat, shop, pay or visit the companies and locations they "own". Just soulless ghosts who could care less about the actual company or the product. And it used to be we could fight back with our wallets by refusing to buy, but now these "shareholders" and corporate suits can just shift money around, short sell and more to stay wealthy... And if the brand dies we the consumer just get blamed for it.
-
Dollywood spent more than $60 million on NightFlight Expedition — was it worth it?
You know, that’s definitely fair. It’s exceedingly frustrating when a company known for high quality starts to lower its standards.
-
Six Flags to relocate corporate office to Arlington. Texas
I recently saw an article from Harvard talking about how 70 to 90% of all business mergers fail to meet the original expectations and goals of the merger… and a good portion go on to file bankruptcy… Not exactly an optimistic outlook…
-
Dollywood spent more than $60 million on NightFlight Expedition — was it worth it?
Welcome to corporate America my friend… movies are rushed out, video games are often rushed out (Atari with their “early release versions”), quality control no longer exists for food products… Even in education I’m being pushed into teaching things in a hurry and forging ahead even if it means students don’t master the concepts or skills.
-
Six Flags to relocate corporate office to Arlington. Texas
Just goes to show how quickly things can and will change… I try to take in things now and be in the moment as I get older. I still have fond childhood memories of the Paramount days. With the movie IPs and Nickelodeon, we were like a version of a Universal park. Top Gun, Face/Off, Days of Thunder, Tomb Raider, Outer Limits… I think it’s incredible to have grown up near a theme park like that. So many large areas of the nation don’t have a major park nearby, so I do consider myself lucky for Cincinnati to have such a destination place.
-
Six Flags and Cedar Fair Merge
I didn't like the merger when it happened, and I still don't like it today. I think it's possibly the worst thing to happen for our specific park.
-
Six Flags to relocate corporate office to Arlington. Texas
Still amazes me that they decided to use the brand Six Flags... which even the general public considers the name synonymous with "cheap, low quality" in terms of park upkeep. I honestly wonder how Kings Island would do if they just... broke away and did their own thing.
-
Six Flags St. Louis has a new name
I really like it! Glad they're still incorporating the Arch too (I think Six Flags was the first to introduce that?).
-
X2 at SFMM and history of brain injuries
I agree. It's also been around a lot longer than most problematic rides. I just look at Holiday World for example and how they were pretty quick to toss out Giraffica. What a slap in the face. Food from McDonald's as a "we're sorry". Just goes to show how uncaring corporations are to people.
-
X2 at SFMM and history of brain injuries
Yeah, there's a lot of speculation going on... It's been closed since July 12th after two incidents, and one of those two sounds like they aren't going to make it. And now a lawsuit is about to begin for the wrongful death of this poor young man back in 2022: Yahoo NewsCollege grad reportedly dies in Six Flags roller coaster...Christopher Hawley, a recent San Diego State University graduate, reportedly collapsed after riding X2 in 2022, and his family now alleges the attraction was dangerously rough.There's definitely a pattern... and it sure sounds like some covering up by Six Flags.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Truth. My corporation shoves it down everyone’s throats as much as possible. And I know I’m in the minority here: but when I see a company use AI for any graphic, I immediately move on and stop reading/looking. It’s here to stay, but I’m stubborn. I’ll forever and always dislike it… just like my distaste for the Steelers and Pirates.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Who knows... But I know a lot of people, myself included, are turned off by AI generated images. In person and on social media. I'm absolutely sick of it.
-
New Website Reports
Not sure about anyone else, but the popup ads are worse...
-
Disney Earnings Report
Name recognition for one thing. General public doesn’t care about the costs going up or the quality reducing. They just see Disney and go anyway. Last year I saw all sorts of “reports” of attendance going down at the parks… but when we attended it was packed per usual.
-
Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex
With the way the economy and the state of the merger is looking… I can’t see Kings Island getting a major investment in the short term future… probably not even long term either. There are so many Six Flags umbrella parks in need of things right now, and with that massive debt… at this point I just hope we don’t start losing a bunch of stuff.
-
2026 Q2 Report
That’s fair, thanks for your insight!
-
2026 Q2 Report
I’m a teacher, so in terms of large scale corporate business practices I’m probably lesser compared to the rest of you… but I just wonder how bad of an idea the whole “buy a pass and get in anywhere across the country” was for the company as a whole? I mean, I’m sure it was great for those who had the passes, but wouldn’t this type of model cause parks to lose potential revenue via missed general tickets? I imagine with so many guests coming into without needing general entry that had to add up over time…