Paramount FX Theatre

coaster lover

Side B isn't typically open. In the past, they've run secondary films, with the most recent being the return of Days of Thunder and the Lost Temple before that. For the past few years, they've run Spongebob on side A and a haunted attraction on side B during Fearfest, however nothing has been officially announced about that yet. From what I understand, they use side B for parts during the regular season and get it in working order by the time Fearfest rolls around.

Funny thing they use to use Side B a lot when it was James Bond. In 2001 when 7th Portal debuted at the first 3-D film in the theater they used side A. They had a movie in the other side that year as well, and that was Smash Factory.

Last year they had both of FearFest Movies running. Side A had Fun House Express, and Side B had Elvira. Probably will be the same this year I would guess. I didn't like Dracula's Castle the year they had that one.

Dracula's Haunted Castle was so bad, that I actually would get yelled at while people were exiting, and a guy about threw a punch at me, it was pretty bad.

Throwing a punch?

Now that is really taking unhappiness to a level which is does not need to go to.

Dracula's Haunted Castle was so bad, that I actually would get yelled at while people were exiting, and a guy about threw a punch at me, it was pretty bad.

I don't think it was you because I would have certainly remembered that, but one of the ride ops was repeatedly apologizing to people as they left the ride. That made it all worth it.

At the moment it does not appear as though the side B will be operable as it has been almost completely stripped for parts, (hydrolics, seat motors, etc). In addition the control panel and screen have been removed and any remaining controls do not work. They have never done this in the past so if they expect to get side B even working by next year, they've got their work cut out for them; unlikely.

It is likely that this year they will do what was done in 2003 and other years which was close spongebob at 5:00ish then run out the line and re-open around 6:00ish with Elvira or whatevery show they have.

They are no way they change the movie that fast in the theater, and certainly they wouldn't do that everyday. So if they don't get side "B" up and running for Fearfest, then I would except SB be gone for Fearfest and probably Eliviria being played in Side "A".

It's a shame they arent showing The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera because I love that ride I was upset because that movie is suppose to be shown in a 3D format when KI showed it it was awful and blurry it wasnt the same ride that Universal Orlando had been showing for nearly 13 years now I think Spongebob Squarepants needs to go maybe they could show the Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera in spongebob's place or switch it up a bit I like the spongebob ride it just gets boring after riding for the thousandth time.

Yep -- you'll notice that if you look into the past.

How come Spongebob never ran on Side B? Why wasn't there ever a 3D film on Side B? Simply put -- to do 3D films, you need two projectors (which represent the right and left eye) and only Side A is equiped for that.

That isn't true anymore... if you look at recent 3D films from "RealD"... such as "Meet the Robinsons" and the re-release of "Nightmare Before Christmas", theaters only use ONE projector with a type of "switching" lens placed in front of it.

Maybe some updating is in order for AFXT? -Hauntguy

Spongebob 3D does definately use 2 projectors. There have been times where one of the films will wear out or break and in the midst of getting a new one, the ride will just shut off the second projector and run Spongebob 3D, in 2D.

The thing I could not believe is how there is absolutely NO themeing between the theaters anymore. Just old dirty concrete. The turntable, spongebob, carpet, and everything else in the middle is just gone. It looks terrible.

In addition, the preshow operators control panel and microphone have been removed. The preshow operator can no longer talk to guests in line via loud speaker, nor can they mute, stop, or start the preshow, it just runs by itself non stop. They cant turn the lights on and off either like they used to be able to.

Half of the ride running, no preshow controls, a practically destroyed second theater, no theaming at all and low popularity; I think the future for AT is sketchy at best.

^Shucks. KI could totally make that area really nice. It's such a neat spot, between the two racer turns. Especially looking back at the part where Racer divides. KI could really revamp the area and make it one of the nicest parts of the park... not some crummy theater with ugly queues.

It is sad to see the FX theater now, especially if you remember what it was like new. When the Days of Thunder movie was new it had race cars all along the queue, sound effects, etc. Then (Kyle?) Petty had a movie on a big screen to get you ready, along with a bunch of other neat race car/NASCAR theming.

A new midway its its place is compelling, though...

Side B has normally been used for parts for side A, so thats nothing new.

TO change a film in a projector, you need 1 hr, max. That includes a new seat program, a 5 minute film load, and putting away the other film. Its not that hard.

Basically you attached the beginning of the film to the end of the one being taken out, then you let the projector take in the film until the new film has replaced the old film, and then you remove the old film from the new, attach the two ends of the new film, and you are done.

And about removing the screen, maybe it was also needed for spare. Those screens are not cheap.

And no, I dont think FX Theatre is going to be removed.

They do seem to be letting that end of the park die off for some reason. The FX theater would make a nice place for a restaurant. Sort of back by itself, with awesome views of The Racer. "Racer Diner"? That would be a unique experience they could offer...couldn't get that anyplace else. Would need some soundproofing, though.