New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, a big part of the appeal of The Beast is from the moment you hit the first tunnel through to the crest of the second lift you do not see any of the park, its just you, The Beast, and the woods. If you had another coaster back there crossing its path, the feeling of going into the abyss would be lost.

As long as you couldnt see it from running through the woods on The Beast I wouldnt have a problem with it, if it was over by the brakes on the way back to the station I wouldnt have a problem with it really, the helix as long as its not to close it would be fine cause you dont really run through the woods there.

Having another coaster within view during a ride on Beast would not be as bad as many would think.

There are some great untapped elements back there and you would probably have just as good of a night ride. Another classic coaster would be very possible.

But what we really don't want is to have excessive land clearing or expansion of the midways into that area where Beast is. If they would treat a new coaster construction the same way as to when Beast was constructed (minimal tree loss as possible) it has the making of a great 1-2 punch for rides going into the woods.

I noticed that this rumor and a rumor posted on wikipedia kinda mesh. How can you have a 200+ ride going 95 mph...It drops into a valley creating a 312 ft drop just like the wiki guy mentioned. I doubt that it will encircle the park, but several of the elements in the two different posts mesh very well. The wiki article also said that it starts near The Beast.....maybe there is some truth to this.

Unless someone is really good at tricking people.

I don't know how to post the link to the wiki thread, so if someone thinks its worthwhile, that would be nice.

I was wrong about the hypercoaster...... it is going to be a gigacoaster!

If you go to Haunt for the last night, you can see construction equipment next to International Showplace on the side that the dolphin show was on.

The ride is going to go from that point, all the way back to the property line. Meaning, this thing is going to set some records folks.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I truly don't see this happening. I would be fine with it though.

Go tonight and see the construction equip for yourself.

So.. .. .. .. .. .. not trying to doubt you here at all WHODEY, but I did walk through that area last night and didnt see any construction equipment. Although, i cant say i was looking for it specifically and it was really foggy last night. I may have very well missed it.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I truly don't see this happening. I would be fine with it though.

Go tonight and see the construction equip for yourself.

So.. .. .. .. .. .. not trying to doubt you here at all WHODEY, but I did walk through that area last night and didnt see any construction equipment. Although, i cant say i was looking for it specifically and it was really foggy last night. I may have very well missed it.

It is tough to see, but it is there. I will try to get a pic of it tonight when I am there.

Isn't it rich?

Are we a pair?

Me here at last on the ground,

You in mid-air.

Send in the cranes.

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around,

One who can't move.

Where are the cranes?

Send in the cranes.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,

Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,

Making my entrance again with my usual flair,

Sure of my lines,

No one is there.

Don't you love farce?

My fault I fear.

I thought that you'd want what I want.

Sorry, my dear.

But where are the cranes?

Quick, send in the cranes.

Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?

Isn't it queer,

Losing my timing this late

In my career?

And where are the cranes?

There ought to be cranes.

Well, maybe next year.

That would be so sweet if they put a coaster out in the woods by The Beast keeping most of the trees. Where did this rumor originate from? Also what is a gigacoaster?

A giga coaster has a drop of 300ft.

Although I would love to see one at KI, I am doubting this rumor. From what I have read and know, Millennium Force was 25 million to build and steel has gone up in price since then. Not to mention CF doesn't exactly have a lot of money to throw around.

I wouldn't expect anything major for 2008 after recently adding Firehawk.

Now if there are construction preps taking place back in that area I'd expect to see markers showing up sometime next season in preparation for a new ride installation coming in 2009 although for something as big as a hyper it wouldn't suprise me if they started marking the area now.