Tomb Raider to be removed?

Dvo

^That Would Look Real Cool.

That is true and you are correct. However, I was just generally speaking of ALL of the rumors that are posted here. Some people, as you will find out as you are here longer, do know what they are talking about. Then there are others who know, and will give clues, but expect you to connect the dots as they will not come right out and say it.

I know what you mean,

I think those colors would look great in Rivertown.

I agree, I would even say that the colors of Powder Keg at Silver Dollar City would look nice in Rivertown,It is kind of a rustic orange and creme (although in the photo it looks like navajo white, what you think?

PowderKeg.jpg

Note: I did not take this photo, photo credit to Jan Olejnik at RCDB.

I think a brown color would be the best choice for rivertown .. when I think of rivertown I think of the olden days, therefore I dont think I should see any bright shiney neon glowing primary colors. More wood esk colors than anything or dirt colors .. perhaps a green and light brown color for the coaster .. ( generally stating not saying we are getting one )

maybe something like these:

swatch:TSC009_545_ForestGreen.jpgswatchwoodbrown.jpg

maybe a bit darker on the green more .. evergreen green

Of coarse it's going to be red.

Two things that you can always count on CF for:

1) Red coasters

2) Crazy amount of garbage cans

;)

1)You know that's right when they totally changed the scheme for Iron Dragon. It's nice that they painted it and all. But now, the trains do not match the color scheme in the least.

2)Man, you said it about the garbage cans! There's never a shortage of those.

lol on the personal trash can website for Cedar Fair of course .. its a bit hard to find .. those trash cans never get the appreciation they deserve lmao

and yes I do feel the coaster should be low key Cory, it is rivertown after all and if you look around with its surroundings it is all very old wood mining style themes, besides tom raider of course lol

I can honestly say that Paramount spend more in one year of Tomb Raider's upkeep (and take that for what it's worth) than Cedar Fair will spend in ten years on trash cans. Trash cans are cheap... themeing is VERY expensive.

Gosh that's really a shame. I can't fathom how much they must have spent on TR....so far.

^^ Bodda, I'm not doubting your information, but if Paramount spent that kind of money in the few years that TR has been around, then TR is nothing more than another SoB (at least until this past summer ;) ).

Costs are outrageous, ride shows up on occasion.

I can honestly say that Paramount spend more in one year of Tomb Raider's upkeep (and take that for what it's worth) than Cedar Fair will spend in ten years on trash cans. Trash cans are cheap... themeing is VERY expensive.

And where are you getting this information from? Hardly any of the theming on TRTR was kept up, most of it was removed for various excuses. The vast majority of that upkeep money went into maintaining a ride that never worked well in the first place, not them theming, nor do I see them doing any better with the theming.

Last year when I worked at KI the rides dept. told us that TRTR was probably going to be closed for the entire '08 season due to computer failure....and CF is to cheap to replace the broken equipment that was needed.......so it will probably sit there all of '08 and torn down in '09. That is if it's not fixed by then.

Who said that? I can't think of anyone in the rides dept. (who would have that information) who would have told you that, thats a bunch of hear say.

The ride didn't have a "computer failure". The ride did require a major part replacement. Due to the size of the replacement part and extensive work to take care of it, the ride had to be closed for the rest of the 07 season. The ride will return in 2008 and I highly doubt its on the chopping block for 2009. Even if it was, ride associates and sups hardly ever have any legit "inside information" and their superiors above them would most likely not reveal those things.

....and CF is to cheap to replace the broken equipment that was needed.......so it will probably sit there all of '08 and torn down in '09. That is if it's not fixed by then.

So CF will fix SoB by removing a major element add purchasing new trains, but they are too cheap to fix TR?

Yeah, that makes sense.

And then it will be torn down by '09, if it's not fixed by then?

Well if they were too cheap, it would not be fixed at all, so then it will be torn down by '09. Right?

Go troll somewhere else.

And as for anyone at Kings Island keeping a secret, virtually NO ONE who was not supposed to know that Kings Island was getting a wooden looping coaster knew before the announcement was made. Kings Island, Cedar Fair, Six Flags...all of them can keep a secret with the best of them, when they want to. The Cry...er Tomb Raider isn't going to be buried...er, go away any time soon.