The Buy Now, Pay Later Deal is Almost History!

Purchase a 2008 Kings Island or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass and pay NOTHING until April of 2008! That's right, Kings Island's Buy Not, Pay Later deal is back and better than ever. Purchase a 2008 season pass by December 31st, 2007 and pay NOTHING until April of 2008, get the LOWEST PRICE of the season, get FREE parking for the entire 2008 season, and get a FREE gold pass upgrade! Go to VisitKingsIsland.com now and purchase your season pass before this offer goes away with the year!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? No Matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

I noticed that also. I guess they will probably wait till next year to make those corrections. Im sure they have thier plate full as it is, getting the park ready for the next season with all the changes needing to be made. Im wondering if the entire web site will have a new look for the next season for that matter.

Overdoing it? They are quite possibly trying to overdue it, get their name and mark throughout the park quickly. There is no overdoing it, aside from branding your name to everything and having it negatively affect your other assets if something bad happens at one of your parks. The only thing that limits the removal of all things paramount, is time and resources.

I got mine. It's kind of weird ordering it now and not paying till April. But at least you get free parking this way. Also I was afraid if I didn't just go for it I might not end up getting one again. I didn't get to Kings Island at all in 2007. But The Klockster will make a return for 2008.

So for everyone sad about not getting anything new for 2008 - fret not. The Klockster in the park is almost as good as a B&M. Ask the Dippin Dots guy. He knows what I'm talking about.

In related news - can't wait to start the season out on the best ride in the park - Vortex (as of my last visit 8 Oct 2006).

The Klockster returns! Nice to see you post again! Ah, Firehawk is a fun ride, at least in my opinion.

It is hard for me to believe that with my 2008 season pass, I have not had a season pass to Kings Island for eleven straight years. I got my first season pass to Kings Island, back in the fall of 1997 (a 1998 season pass)!

If Cedar Fair was smart they would have made Paramount do the major debranding work or at least finance it.

Uh...CBS was selling the park, and held all the cards. If Cedar Fair had not met CBS's terms, there were many, willing buyers waiting who might pay less but would not want CBS doing work in parks that CBS couldn't wait to get out of! Why else would CF have paid $1.24 billion...instead of a dime or as many dimes as possible less?

Overdoing it? They are quite possibly trying to overdue it, get their name and mark throughout the park quickly. There is no overdoing it, aside from branding your name to everything and having it negatively affect your other assets if something bad happens at one of your parks. The only thing that limits the removal of all things paramount, is time and resources.

I rode by the park on my way to the movies today, I craked up! It looked so Wierd.

But, riding by KI and seing no rides running, it almost brought a tear to my eye!

Anyway, plan to start the 2008 season on Firehawk! Now you can fly!

I'm not entirely certain what the deal is with the Buy Now, Pay Later deal. The web site took off the mention that the deal is only good through December 31st, and it looks like you can still purchase it, so until further notice, I'll keep it on the front page.

If Cedar Fair was smart they would have made Paramount do the major debranding work or at least finance it.

Uh...CBS was selling the park, and held all the cards. If Cedar Fair had not met CBS's terms, there were many, willing buyers waiting who might pay less but would not want CBS doing work in parks that CBS couldn't wait to get out of! Why else would CF have paid $1.24 billion...instead of a dime or as many dimes as possible less?

You know that has been bantered around quite a bit.

But to this day there has been no other entity that has come forward as having been interested in the parks.

I actually doubt that anyone was out there that wanted the chain as a whole.

I suppose that's just more pricing integrity at work! Either that, or they will take it down shortly...

Very likely no one is in the corporate office to make the change.

If it ends, it will probably end when they get time to change the sites tomorrow.

I think that CF and Paramount both displayed little competence in creating web sites.

The Moderators on the Board have created a site that is superior to anything that the parks have.

If there were no other bidders in the auction (and it was an auction), then Mr. Kinzel and Cedar Fair displayed very poor judgment in paying very near CBS's top estimate ($1.25 billion) for the Paramount Parks. Plus, right before the successful auction results were announced, Mr. Kinzel went public with how he/Cedar Fair would like to own Kings Island. The parks were offered as a group and/or individually, and sold in the way that brought the most profit to CBS.

If there were no other bidders in the auction (and it was an auction), then Mr. Kinzel and Cedar Fair displayed very poor judgment in paying very near CBS's top estimate ($1.25 billion) for the Paramount Parks. Plus, right before the successful auction results were announced, Mr. Kinzel went public with how he/Cedar Fair would like to own Kings Island. The parks were offered as a group and/or individually, and sold in the way that brought the most profit to CBS.

Interp, what have you always told me about Mr. Kinzel, his judgment and his business practices? <G>

Interp, what have you always told me about Mr. Kinzel, his judgment and his business practices? <G>

Mr. Kinzel is very confident in his abilities to manage, operate and execute in the amusement business. Investors are counting on him. The time is now.

• 1 month later...