More Construction?

masonguy21

Does anyone know what is going on beind Son of Beast. There is a big hole in the ground and a bullozer or two out there.

I just got back from KI, while riding SOB i notices tons of dirt, a buldozer type vehicle, and a crane! I really have no clue what it could be!

Well, if I had to guess, I`d say that the "construction" over by Son of Beast is actually related to the work over in Rivertown. How, you might ask? They might be digging up some dirt to use as fill at the Swan Lake location, since it appears that they have raised the grade down by the International Showplace quite a bit higher then what it used to be.

Well, if I had to guess, I`d say that the "construction" over by Son of Beast is actually related to the work over in Rivertown. How, you might ask? They might be digging up some dirt to use as fill at the Swan Lake location, since it appears that they have raised the grade down by the International Showplace quite a bit higher then what it used to be.

That actually makes a ton of sense

Maybe their storing the construction materials behind their.And they are making a memorial for Phantom Theater by burying the figurines underground,and making a huge (by huge I mean,286 ft.)tower that says Phantom Theater.

lol that would be awesome...then light it up at night :lol:

Yeah that would be cool,riding SOB and just seeing a huge thing saying Phantom Theater,bright enough to blind you if you stare at it!! :lol:

That was my assumption as well. I noticed one large rectangular hole by SOB. My guess (and I emphasize the word guess) about that would be that while they were removing the fill for Swan Lake, they found something buried back there that the EPA would require them to remove. (for example an old underground fuel tank that may have even been buried there before 1972).

That was my assumption as well. I noticed one large rectangular hole by SOB. My guess (and I emphasize the word guess) about that would be that while they were removing the fill for Swan Lake, they found something buried back there that the EPA would require them to remove. (for example an old underground fuel tank that may have even been buried there before 1972).

Yeah the shape of it sort of threw me off. I mean I would think if you were getting dirt you would just get dirt. But, the hole looked like it was very particular in shape.

To be honest, I thought the same thing. Especially considering how deep the hole appeared to be. (It looked like it was a good twenty feet deep.) However, most soil around the Cincinnati area consists of clay near the surface. Clay is not the best type of dirt to use as fill material. They could have been excavating to get beneath the clay to get to better quality soil that could be better suited to use as fill for the Swan Lake area.

To be honest, I thought the same thing. Especially considering how deep the hole appeared to be. (It looked like it was a good twenty feet deep.) However, most soil around the Cincinnati area consists of clay near the surface. Clay is not the best type of dirt to use as fill material. They could have been excavating to get beneath the clay to get to better quality soil that could be better suited to use as fill for the Swan Lake area.

Hmmm....That would make since to practice their.Anyway,since they have people building,their putting them to use!

Ha, you never know. To me it sort of looked like a possible place for a building. With the park having some room to expand over in that general derection it might be some sort of offices or somthing. It also seemed like there were some more mantenince paths back by SOB and Adventure Express too.

Maybe their storing the construction materials behind their.And they are making a memorial for Phantom Theater by burying the figurines underground,and making a huge (by huge I mean,286 ft.)tower that says Phantom Theater.

lol that would be awesome...then light it up at night :lol:

Yeah that would be cool,riding SOB and just seeing a huge thing saying Phantom Theater,bright enough to blind you if you stare at it!! :lol:

LOL i could see that...riding SOB and seeing that light, then while riding it the light gets brighter and brighter..then someone jokingly says "BUT I DONT WANT TO GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!" lol.. :lol:

Their building a new section of the park.........

CLASSIC KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)

It contains past rides such as King Cobra,Flight Commander,Zodiac,Haleys comet,Enchanted voyage,Smurfs Enchanted Voyage Phantom Theater Barvarian Beetle,Skylab and even an old time favorite The Flying Eagles!!!I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol,I wish

It contains past rides such as King Cobra,Flight Commander,Zodiac,Haleys comet,Enchanted voyage,Smurfs Enchanted Voyage Phantom Theater and even an old time favorite The Flying Eagles!!!I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol,I wish

That would be amazing. Its not too out of the question. I mean they are trying to restore classic KI with the backwards racer running forwards again. So what not a better way to restore classic KI than give it its own section of the park! :lol:

CLASSIC KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It contains past rides such as King Cobra,Flight Commander,Zodiac,Haleys comet,Enchanted voyage,Smurfs Enchanted Voyage Phantom Theater and even an old time favorite The Flying Eagles!!!I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol,I wish

That would be amazing. Its not too out of the question. I mean they are trying to restore classic KI with the backwards racer running forwards again. So what not a better way to restore classic KI than give it its own section of the park! :lol:

that is true...that would be awesome!! but of course that all wont be done by next year :( but hey, THEY COULD ADD TO IT EVERY YEAR!! lol.

CLASSIC KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

That would be cool to ride Zodiac.It looked fun.And I would give my life to ride PT one last time!I miss Maestro. :(

I'd also want skylab back too

Ok!Why not all the rides that were removed from KI.Screamin Demon,Flying Dutchman,tumble Bug(I hope! :) ),The Bat,Rotor,and all the rest!

Ok!Why not all the rides that were removed from KI.Screamin Demon,Flying Dutchman,tumble Bug(I hope! :) ),The Bat,Rotor,and all the rest!

Alright awesome

What about Bavarian Beetle???? Sorry I just had to add that :)

What about Bavarian Beetle???? Sorry I just had to add that :)

Sure!!!I'll put it on their!