Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I am getting so ridiculously pumped and excited as opening day draws closer and closer. I am stoked to see this amazing new coaster, and all the changes the park is working so hard to bring us.

This is my first off season since becoming truly hardcore into parks. I've never been so excited for opening day in my life. :D

I'm as excited as the next person to ride this new coaster, and with my 7-year old daughter being over 54" this year, I should get the chance - along with being able to ride Firehawk, FOF and Invertigo for the first times. Everything about it looks great, but I do have one very minor complaint. I would have liked the seats to match the color of the ride or to at least contrast it. Right now, I think they are kind of ugly and do not match the ride. The orangish restraints and pinkish-red seats almost look cheapish.

Again, this is a very minor complaint - but it is the thought that ran through my head when viewing pictures such as:

http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/latest...ge&chip=509

That looks like a cement pourer. Since it doesn't have a nickname like "Clifford" and "Casper" did, I'll call it "Smurfette".

And now, the annual stupid Tb question of the year:

How expensive would it be to have crome-plated supports on flight deck?

True chrome plating is VERY expensive.

Let me throw a little Nascar at ya though.

Teams used to chrome plate their wheels back in the day, but it started to lead to problems once the cars got faster, and made more force through the turns.

Chrome plated wheels were then outlawed by Nascar.

Imagine my surprise when newly formed race team Michael Waltrip Racing showed up at Daytona 2 years ago with, yep, chrome wheels.

When asked about it, he told them that it is not actual chrome plating. They use a paint process that gives the same look, but no weakness to the metal and at a fraction of the cost.

So I would say, if they WERE interested in chrome, it could be done, and it could be done inexpensively.

Great pictures looking at them filling up the splash pool reminds me of when we fill up our pool for the year and it takes like one whole day to do it and that excitement builds until you can go in it. Unlike going in it on the coaster you can't wait to ride ;)

^

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! I keep getting that quite a bit recently ever since db started testing...it makes me sad and a lil mad but I know a part of it is with what computer I am using...

I am getting so ridiculously pumped and excited as opening day draws closer and closer. I am stoked to see this amazing new coaster, and all the changes the park is working so hard to bring us.

This is my first off season since becoming truly hardcore into parks. I've never been so excited for opening day in my life. :D

I know!!! IM the exact same way this year. last year was the first year I really decided to try just about everything at the park...My stomach is doing flips right now just thinking about opening day and me actually getting to work there this year...next week for training days cant come soon enough for me!!!!!!!!! I still gotta get a hair cut though :( its a little long and as of right now, not in rule with the image rule that KI has...oh well nothing that I cant fix by tomorrow or so... I still have exactly 1 week as of today for me to get it done...

^

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! I keep getting that quite a bit recently ever since db started testing...it makes me sad and a lil mad but I know a part of it is with what computer I am using...

Nah, I doubt it is your computer as it is happening to quite a few of people. I cannot access it via my Windows XP computer, MacBook Pro, or my iPhone right now. :(

This wait is geting painful. Soon we'll be looking at pics of the splashdown in action. Then we'll be watching POV's. The the running of the bulls. Holy B&M Batman I need The Bat Chillout and Become More Patient Spray.

On a side note I like good grammar

This wait is geting painful. Soon we'll be looking at pics of the splashdown in action. Then we'll be watching POV's. The the running of the bulls. Holy B&M Batman I need The Bat Chillout and Become More Patient Spray.

On a side note I like good grammar

All those years in schooling do pay off..