Old on-ride photos

violakat03

I'd love to see everyone's on-ride photos from rides that either aren't there any more, don't have on-ride photos anymore, or something has changed. Like FOF with the horse collars, Adventure Express, etc.

I've got one from opening year of FOF somewhere. If I ever find it I'll scan it.

Here's mine from Face/Off.

faceoff-1.jpg

And SOB's old trains (I'm in the middle on the left):

SOB-1.jpg

I don't have a scanner so I can't post them.

•3 Firehawk ones (Some one else bought me them.)

•Maverick opening year.

•Millennium Force a few years ago.

•TTD September 08'

•SOB October 2007

•Beastie In like 1990 something.

•A water slide in Typhoon Lagoon from about 2005.

I'll get a Diamondback one of course. When I return back to my third home park SFOG I'll get one on Goliath. If I go to SFGAdv this year I'll get either El Toro or Kingda Ka.

^^If the location has stayed the same, the El Toro one is very uninspired, although, as a result, "posing" is very easy.

The GASM is sideways, which is a little funky! And Nitro's used to be at the bottom of the first drop, which isn't a bad spot.

Also, Behemoth's was on the helix and sucked!! A lot of the times the "left"/loading side person could easily get cut off from the shot.

If D-back's proposed location holds true (bottom of 2nd drop) that could be pretty sweet!!

I don't have a scanner so I can't post them.

•3 Firehawk ones (Some one else bought me them.)

•Maverick opening year.

•Millennium Force a few years ago.

•TTD September 08'

•SOB October 2007

•Beastie In like 1990 something.

•A water slide in Typhoon Lagoon from about 2005.

I'll get a Diamondback one of course. When I return back to my third home park SFOG I'll get one on Goliath. If I go to SFGAdv this year I'll get either El Toro or Kingda Ka.

This may sound dumb, but......

I don't have a scanner, so I waited for a nice sunny day.

I took all of my on-ride photos outside and used the digital camera to take pictures of them.

They turned out pretty good. Just a thought for you.

SOB2001.jpg

I have an old one somewhere in my house of my first ride on The Beastie which was also my first real coaster. I used it to put in a book I made in elementary school and I have no idea where it is. Other than that I don't have any on ride photos because we never buy them.

Interesting photos everyone!

^Brian, thanks for sharing. What a great way to remember your grandmother and it's a great historical photograph.

Note the flag on the log boat to the right of the logo. In the days before automated cameras if you wanted a photograph they would put the flag on the boat and an employee would take the photograph by hand.

^Brian, thanks for sharing. What a great way to remember your grandmother and it's a great historical photograph.

Note the flag on the log boat to the right of the logo. In the days before automated cameras if you wanted a photograph they would put the flag on the boat and an employee would take the photograph by hand.

I had forgotten about that flag. I have a pic somewhere from high school on that same ride, but in all honesty, I havent seen it in years, and may not even have it now....

• 1 month later...

After seeing some of these on-ride photos I had to share 2 of my favorite.

The top is me on Mean Streak in 1990 with my Dad, at this time I would not ride Magnum.

The second photo shows me ridding Magnum with my Dad in 1991, Dad finally talked me in to. He had no idea what he was starting with the first ride on Magnum. Truely where I got my love for coasters. I cannot believe these photos are almost 20 years old.

onride.jpg