U think that they might put a new section to pki?

PKI_Man

Well, PKI doesnt actually NEED a new area, but a new area would be good for relieving congestion in the Action Zone. If they do put a new area up in the future, they most likely would put up a coaster there, along with some other flat rides. The new area could be back by FOF and have a military base theme, which has been discussed before. But I like the idea.

I don't think Paramount's Kings Island needs a new section since they can do so much with the sections that they already have. In my opinion, the themed areas PKI has now should be spruced up before a new one is built. Each section has it's own unique theme, but there could be so much more done with Action Zone, Coney Mall, Rivertown, Hanna Barberra Land, and especially Oktoberfest. I also think it would be nice if there were more definite transitions between the different zones. The way Action Zone just sort of "flows" into Oktoberfest really annoyes me. This is also the case with Coney Mall into Rivertown, and Rivertown into Hanna Barberra Land.

I don't think that a new area is needed either. As a matter of fact, I think that Oktoberfest ought to be annexed up to and including Festhaus by International Street. Why? Because Festhaus represents Germany, as The Eiffel Tower and what used to be The French Bakery represents France, as International Street Pizza represents Italy, the way Fiesta Snacks represented Mexico and the way Double Dragon Express represnted China. I'd like to make International Street more Epcot-like and annexing Festhaus would help.

As far as the rest of Oktoberfest goes - I'd have it annexed by Paramount Action Zone. Heck, Adventure Express can be renamed Young Indiana Jones (as it's a family coaster) and have a replica of Indy for theming effect. And Sling Shot is as action of a ride that most people can handle.

What do the rest of you folks think about my idea?

I think a new area is needed and by FoF is not necessarily the place to put it. i would like to see a new area with a futurisitic type of theme, will really glitzy and lighted stuff. i think putting this area, like past Rivertown or behind FXAT would be the best ideas yet.

They are fixing up the current areas already. This year, look at Rivertown. Coney Mall's buildings also were reapinted and look great. Look at Nickelodeon Central and Hanna-Barbera Land. Not to mention, The Larosa's expansion on International Street, the repainting, and new signage. This year, they are also redoing the fountains. There are probably many ideas in the future.

I think they should bring back the Action Zone shows that they had at the water tower the first year the former Adventure Village became Action Zone, those shows were cool.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the show from the water tower cancelled because of the Colombine tragedy? If you remember, the Action Zone stunt show featured a shoot out and Colombine occured soon after the show began.

The show in Action Zone was not shut down due to Columbine High School.

If you remember near the end flames shot out of the top of the tower. They always had to have a fire and safety person present for that incase something goes wrong. Plus, because of the possibility of something going wrong with the flames, maybe shooting 20 ft in the air instead of 5ft, they could not run Skyflyer at the same time.

So they shut down the show because of the large crowds that gathered and blocked the entrance/exit to the area (a safety hazard seen by the fire and safety personel) and the inability to run a "pay-for-play" ride. The less they could run Skyflyer the fewer people that could go on. The fewer people that could go on in a day meant the less money they made. The park is all about money, if the tower wasn't in the place that it was in, then you might still see that show.