Adventure Express Discussion

Coney Islander

I seem to remember jungle noises being played on the first lift and pounding drums on the second.

I knew I wasn't crazy. I was thinking that I could have sworn it used to have jungle noises on the first lift hill. Monkeys and birds in particular.

Oh my gosh! I love those noises!

I can remember from when I was littler right before the first tunnel when the little lantern on the DANGER sign flickered, and there was a train whistle. Then, going through the tunnel, the skeleton guy scared me. I also remember on the first lift, the wind noises (which I think still work) and the monkey noises that I also imitated, Ash. And Phantom Theater, I always used to catch myself humming Indiana Jones all throughout the park after riding Adventure Express. :)

This honestly one of, if not the best, rides in the park.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love AE. I definitely remember the jungle noises. There was the sound of crickets chirping, and some monkeys hooting as you left the station. Fantastic ride. I voted for keep it as it is, just because I still love it. So in my opinion they can save some money until it gets to the point that it's just embarrassing. Not saying that a refurb would be bad, though ;)

Gotta love AE. I definitely remember the jungle noises. There was the sound of crickets chirping, and some monkeys hooting as you left the station. Fantastic ride. I voted for keep it as it is, just because I still love it. So in my opinion they can save some money until it gets to the point that it's just embarrassing. Not saying that a refurb would be bad, though ;)

I agree. It is a small fun short coaster, that provides just enough thrills, to be an "in between" type coaster. The theming on it, although a lot of it doesn't work, is still great. The ride still tells a good story about being on a runaway mine train in the jungle. I hope Adventure Express is here to stay for a long time. :)

I found the soundtrack to AE HERE

I agree. It is a small fun short coaster, that provides just enough thrills, to be an "in between" type coaster. The theming on it, although a lot of it doesn't work, is still great. The ride still tells a good story about being on a runaway mine train in the jungle. I hope Adventure Express is here to stay for a long time. :)

Do they still play that final tunnel soundtrack? I ride AE at least 5 times a year and have never noticed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I also wish they'd return AE back to the way it was when it first opened - mist, jungle noises, etc. I did notice last time I rode it that most of the tiki guys at the end were working again, which is good, but it would still be better if they had all the original theming.

Last time I rode AE, the Indiana Jones Music wasn't on (but it was in 2008). I haven't seen the red light in the first tunnel work since early 2008. The Stone Guys weren't working my last ride but they have pretty much every other ride. The green lights and sound effects on the first lift hill were working, but the trim before it wasn't which made the ride alot more amazing.

Well I've been on AE twice this season. Once on Opening Day, and once Sunday the 26th. On opening day the Indiana Jones music was on in the station. The statue guys at the end we're on, and the jungle noises we're on. On Sunday the 26th when I rode, the Indiana Jones music was on, the jungle noises might have been on, and the stone statue huys weren't working/

Do they still play that final tunnel soundtrack? I ride AE at least 5 times a year and have never noticed it.

they do but its extreamly hard to hear

Last time I rode it I swore they were not playing any music at all, but i was missing the stone guys working. My favorite part is where they would get backed up, and you would be stuck on the hill in the final tunnel, I would end up talking to the people in the other car behind me. Great fun.

the stone statue huys weren't working/

I haven't seen them working since opening day, and I've ridden AE every time I've been - every public day except for two Saturdays. To be honest, I'm becoming concerned that the moving guys are history too. Then again, they still haven't noticed that the right light bulb at the top of The Beast's lift hill has been blown since weekend #2.

• 9 months later...

I thought I'd bump this thread, as well as gather similar threads for Cedar Fair's management to see...

Adventure Express really needs its music, sound effects, and spiel to be played louder. Currently, they are so quiet that the average guest doesn't notice them and they add a great amount of story to the ride. Anyone who wants to hear the Adventure Express, listen to the recordings

Here.

Also see:

Edit-

Putting speakers on the trains would help. A lot. Imagine hearing

this, LOUDLY, in its entirety, while making the final climb toward the dripping vat of boiling water...

I've asked this question for today's 5@5:

Adventure Express opened with spectacular theming and effects, many of which are still in place, but aren't in use. Some of these effects are even listed as working on visitkingsisland.com- The Python in the first tunnel... removed, the spears in the second tunnel... they originally would move toward the riders but no longer do, and the "volcanic eruption" effect in the third tunnel... I don't remember this effect, but it is certainly not in place anymore. Even the lava pouring animatronic in the "Forbidden Temple" used to move the vat downward, and in effect 'pour' water on the riders. (water was dripped from the vat for the first few seasons, but I can see why that was stopped)

My first trip to Kings Island last summer, I noticed that some of the original lighting had been restored to the final tunnel, and it really did improve the whole ride experience.

Is there any chance that more of these original effects will be restored in the coming seasons?

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks, and if I should make any changes...

• 2 weeks later...

Having never been on it when its effects were fully operational, I would like to see it as it once was. But no matter what they do, if anything, as long as the guys in the final lift hill keep pounding their fists I'll be happy! Additionally, I love the anti-climatic ending! The Countess and I have fooled several people that we have taken to KI, saying that Adventure Express has the best ending out of any coaster ever and when we get into that tunnel we tell them to wait for it... wait for it... oh... The reactions are priceless! But I do love AE!

biggrin.gif

I thought I'd bump this thread, as well as gather similar threads for Cedar Fair's management to see...

Adventure Express really needs its music, sound effects, and spiel to be played louder. Currently, they are so quiet that the average guest doesn't notice them and they add a great amount of story to the ride. Anyone who wants to hear the Adventure Express, listen to the recordings

Here.

Also see:

Edit-

Putting speakers on the trains would help. A lot. Imagine hearing

this, LOUDLY, in its entirety, while making the final climb toward the dripping vat of boiling water...

best thing ever... i just booked marked that link and will use it now when someone does something aggravating....

In most most humble opinion, I think they should either get rid of all the tunnels and lights so, at night, it's completely in the dark, or...enclose the whole thing and make it dark all the time (and air conditioned too!).