The Crypt so much potential. So little time...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcfreak339

I never really like TR:TR nor The Crypt, it seems out of place, the themeing isn't all that great and really I just don't like the ride....

The water effects on the ride are NOT back. I rode it Saturday, and they did have really creepy music playing in the queue, it added a very nice touch. However the ride chamber was the same as last year, a big black box with no special effects and howling wind for the soundtrack.

The water effects on the ride are NOT back. I rode it Saturday, and they did have really creepy music playing in the queue, it added a very nice touch. However the ride chamber was the same as last year, a big black box with no special effects and howling wind for the soundtrack.

But was the puddle still on the floor? ;)

• 2 months later...

I rode it yesterday and it was awful!! The ride queue took forever and once we got on, it flipped twice and that was it! Ride over. The only special effects we saw was a mop and bucket on the floor. I read that it used to do 9 inversions and it now does 2? That basically tells me the ride is on its way out.

They need to do something to it. People come off Diamondback and go to that one for the simple fact they don't know what it is!! Nothing but disappointment from riders yesterday.

I noticed that the work lights in the queue are now on all the time. Not that big of a deal, it's probably because of the "inappropriate activity" that had been going on. The demonbat actually works now, but that's not necessarily a good thing- it seems to always roar right in the middle of the boarding spiel, so nobody pays attention once it roars. :|

Well I know this subject has floated around here a bit. So if its dead horse delete or ignore. But the crypt has such potential, back in its earlier form the theatrics made it a experience. In its new form its a pure thrill ride alone. My thought is that I realize there are licensing issues restraining "themeing" the ride. But as it is encased in theory a blackroom, why not just add some basic rgb color changing light cannons that flood the room with slow fading color as the ride operates? Maybe a bit of ambient music it would give it a unique style. Just an idea. It really has such potential anyone that has other suggestions feel free to share with the rest of the class.

I think thats a pretty god idea...but first they have to actually make the irde part better. Make it longer, and mayb keep you upside down at some point