Kings Island music

gigacoaster2k

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I don't know the name of any of the songs I've heard at Kings Island except for "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Which, of course I'm only 15, so I wasn't around when most of the artists were huge hits in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and even the early 00s because I can't remember back then.

I am very impressed that a 15 year old actually knows how to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd's name correctly! Way to go!

Speaking of Boomering Bay, does anyone know a tune on the sound track that goes, I think, like this: " We're all over the sun," then a chorus "sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun". Is it the Beach Boys or Jan and Dean or some other group? I'm trying to find it on Google. Help, Terpie.

That's not the song I was thinking of. I am sure the one I am thinking of goes" sun, sun, sun sun..." it is not a very well known song but they used to play it on the sound track at Water Works, then brought it back after Boomering Bay went back to the regular beach music. It sounds like the Beach Boys or Jan and Dean, probably Jan and Dean.

Anyways, I don't know the name of any of the songs I've heard at Kings Island except for "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Which, of course I'm only 15, so I wasn't around when most of the artists were huge hits in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and even the early 00s because I can't remember back then.

I am very impressed that a 15 year old actually knows how to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd's name correctly! Way to go!

Yeah, it's kinda funny (And sad) how the majority of the newer generation (Even those who claim to be fans) can't spell the name correctly, lol.

Speaking of Boomering Bay, does anyone know a tune on the sound track that goes, I think, like this: " We're all over the sun," then a chorus "sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun". Is it the Beach Boys or Jan and Dean or some other group? I'm trying to find it on Google. Help, Terpie.

That would be "I Live For The Sun" by The Sunrays

Olidesmann, that was sweet! That reminds me of my surfer music obsession when i was in high school. Granted that was in the early 90's when everyone around me was into the "grunge" phase of music. Thank goodness i stayed away from that stuff!

When I was a teenager, music that was 20 years old really sounded "old" because stereo recording technologies hadn't "leveled off" yet. I couldn't enjoy 60s music (except the Beatles, who were using such different chord progressions and harmonies than many of their contemporaries) because it sounded tinny and "AM Radio"-ish.

It makes me wonder if teenagers today can pinpoint whether a song was recorded before or after they were born just by the sound of the mix? I can listen to "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour (1988), "All of My Love" by Led Zeppelin (1979), and "Cyanide" by Metallica (2008) all in order, and it sounds like they could all have been recorded in the same year, but put in "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones (1966) and it sounds out of place among the rest.

"Finding My Way" by Rush;

SERIOUSLY?? Wow. I heard Closer to the Heart there recently, which is much more likely to be heard than Finding My Way. But I guess if this is satellite radio, then anything's possible.

Other notables:

- "Lamb Lies Down" (Genesis)

- "Night Flight" (Zeppelin)

- a couple Yes tunes

"Finding My Way" by Rush;

SERIOUSLY?? Wow. I heard Closer to the Heart there recently, which is much more likely to be heard than Finding My Way. But I guess if this is satellite radio, then anything's possible.

Seriously! And timely, too, because it was about the time everyone was finding their way to the parking lot. I'm a huge Rush fan, so I know that was the song. The level at which they were playing it did no justice to the song. The Geddy Lee screech becomes unnerving when overmodulated.

I remember hearing "Finding My Way" too. It was late in the day (I think it was opening day) and we were finding our way over to the carousel to get a ride on that before it closed.

Oddly enough, speaking of carousels, I was getting on Nick-O-Round when I heard "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis which dakota2112 had mentioned. My ears automatically perk up when I hear that piano intro since I very seldom hear it outside of my playing the cd.

A couple of interesting things to note about "I Live For The Sun" (courtesy of Wikipedia)

The song only hit #51 in the US, but was a #1 hit in Australia (ironic considering that BB is Australian themed)

The band's manager was the father of Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys