The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

I agree, that is something that GG would also have to take into consideration, but has anyone filed a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the current trains on SOB? Since a lot of people blame them for the terrible ride on the on the track anyway?

Probably, before discovery, a lawsuit is filed against ALL possible parties. So If you were to sue McDonald's over a hot cup of coffee you would sue the coffee company, McDonalds, the cup maker, the lid maker, the brewery machine maker, and any other possibly affiliated parties!

True!cool.gif

Brad, I honestly dont think GG would want their name associated in any way with S of B. From a business standpoint, would YOU want you or your company's name associated with a ride that has the negative history that S of B does? I know I certainly would not, given the American public's penchant for filing lawsuits, be they frivolous ones or not.

Yes, but if Gravity Group believes their trains could fix Son of Beast (which I doubt), and Kings Island decides to try the timberliners out, Gravity Group could be known as the company that fixed Son of Beast, the coaster before seen by many companies as untouchable.

I seriously think the problem is in the wood, but you never know.

I would be awesome if Timberliners could fix SOB and the park actually made the investment in them. However, I would much rather see them first on Beast if it meant that the trims could be removed or at least toned down.

I wouldn't like seeing The Beast with Timberliners. But on Son of Beast yes I would.

I would be awesome if Timberliners could fix SOB and the park actually made the investment in them. However, I would much rather see them first on Beast if it meant that the trims could be removed or at least toned down.

I wouldn't like seeing The Beast with Timberliners. But on Son of Beast yes I would.

It would take some getting used to the look of the timber liners on Beast, but if it meant lower maintenance and the removal of the trims I could deal with it. :)

I happen to be one of the people who thinks that Beast, minus the trims, is great because it's a true classic, and the idea of Timberliners just kills it for me. I don't want bunny hops in the Trim Shed and I don't want GCI type transitions and I don't want a train redesign. I think it's fine the way it is, IMO. Minus the trims, of course.

Q: Brian Krosnick wants to know if there are any immediate or long-range plans for The Crypt, or is the goal right now just to keep it up and running. He would also like to know when the 2010 park map will be available on our website.

A: An adjustment was made to the ride program for The Crypt last year that accounted for an increase in ridership of 91,987 over the previous year and more than 100 hours less of downtown. There are fans of the ride that miss the original program, but the adjustment that was made enhanced the ride's performance. In regards to the 2010 map, we're in the process of finalizing a couple of menu items and the details for an all-new night time show. Soon though. Very soon.

:lol:

Question...

Since the removal of the loop and the addition of the new, "previously enjoyed", trains, does the MCBR slow the train down as much as it used to? I know that the MCBR has the capability to completely stop the train, so it can be adjusted as needed.

I'd like factual answers for this - not guesses.

I also wonder....

If they put tunnels with special effects here and there, especially in the rose bowl, maybe people would be distracted by the effects and have their minds taken off the bumpity bumps.

Just thinkin'

If they put tunnels with special effects here and there, especially in the rose bowl, maybe people would be distracted by the effects and have their minds taken off the bumpity bumps.

Darkness increases the illusion of speed... (Space Mountain maxes out at 30 mph, though many recall it as the fastest, scariest ride of their life!) I shudder to think how an increased sense of speed might toy with people's perception on the already-rough Son of Beast.