The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

I'm just curious with SOB being taken out most likely would the future hold for another wooden roller coaster possibly? I love all roller coasters and would much rather see a Invert similar to Raptor but who knows I am just wondering if the park would try another wooden coaster because of the land we still have.

I'm just curious with SOB being taken out most likely would the future hold for another wooden roller coaster possibly? I love all roller coasters and would much rather see a Invert similar to Raptor but who knows I am just wondering if the park would try another wooden coaster because of the land we still have.

I dont really want to see another wood coaster. Beast and Racer is fine for me. I think an invert it just what KI needs since we dont have 1 besides reptar.

^ I would love to also but I can only see CF giving one to CP

Why do you say that? Because they have so much land to build on? (sarcasm)

Kings Dominion and Carowinds are getting huge coasters.

Before I read your post I was thinking, "or Kings Dominion,"...

Given Cedar Fair`s track record with themed rides, a good themed ride at Kings Island does not seem likely. I remember riding the dark ride at Cedar Point back in 1994 (it was back by Blue Streak and themed to Pirates). And now look how many dark rides that Cedar Point has.

And if Kings Island was to get a B&M inverted, I would not at all be disappointed. Yes, we already have an inverted coaster in Invertigo. But a B&M invert is a totally different ride experience than the Vekoma Shuttle inverted coaster that currently resides at Kings Island. For a fine example of a B&M invert, look down to sister park Carowinds. Afterburn is one awesome ride, and if or a similar ride were located at Kings Island, I would be one happy person!

^ I would love to also but I can only see CF giving one to CP

Why do you say that? Because they have so much land to build on? (sarcasm)

Kings Dominion and Carowinds are getting huge coasters.

Because CF couldn't stand to see any other park beside CP get a innovative ride (which a 4-D still is).

Which explains why Knott`s Berry Farm got Xcelerator, among the first Intamin hydraulically launched coasters? Or why Valleyfair and Worlds of Fun have both installed GCI coasters (which are typically regarded as the cream of the crop in wood coaster design) and Cedar Point has yet to be graced by one of their masterpieces? While Cedar Point is Cedar Fair`s flagship park, it doesn`t mean that they will not install a ride at another property just because Cedar Point doesn`t have that same ride.

Talk about a run on sentence!

And to answer your question about the original Premier trains. Its hard to say in hindsight who was responsible for the ultimate weight of the trains. Was Premier given a weight that the trains had to be designed to? Was there a specified weight limit for the trains? I certainly don`t know. I do know that the Department of Agriculture investigation into the accident in 2006 ultimately concluded that portions of the structure were inadequately designed. Ie, certain vertical posts were stressed to the critical point, where they failed because they couldn`t handle any more stress. Was that stress a result of the weight of the trains? Again, I am no structural engineer so I don`t know. The weight of the trains likely didn`t help the situation any.

It will be interesting to see in say five years from now, what ultimately ends up happening with Son of Beast. I have my own opinions on the thing, but I would be rather surprised if we see the ride in its current form operate at Kings Island. Will it be removed or heavily modified remains to be seen. What is clear is that the park will be doing something with the ride as it is clearly not the ride experience that they want for park guests.

Which explains why Knott`s Berry Farm got Xcelerator, among the first Intamin hydraulically launched coasters? Or why Valleyfair and Worlds of Fun have both installed GCI coasters (which are typically regarded as the cream of the crop in wood coaster design) and Cedar Point has yet to be graced by one of their masterpieces? While Cedar Point is Cedar Fair`s flagship park, it doesn`t mean that they will not install a ride at another property just because Cedar Point doesn`t have that same ride.

It could be said that Xcelerator was the "warm-up" for TTD to see if the idea would be plausible. Although GCIs are great they aren't innovative in themselves. No matter how great they are, they are still plain wooden coasters.

Sorry about the bad grammer, thats what texting will do to you. Why don't you guys stop worrying about tearing down sob and what they will put in it's place. How about keeping sob for those who like it(like me) and putting a new coaster in a different spot. ;)

i would say the marching orders for SOB will be announced before Veterans Day.

As far as theming rides go... Take the cars off of Flight Deck and replace them with some feet danglers. That would add some much needed tlc to that coaster and offer a much refreshed and new experience. Could add 20 minutes to the line.

Do you think Kings Island looks at these forms? i think we sould strat like a protest if they tear it down. ;)

Yeah. A protest "strated" by people that have poor grammer skills.

That "sould" get their attention, and have an effect in the decision.

;)

Oh sweet irony.

A simple typo vs. that post?

Get a life.

Do you think Kings Island looks at these forms? i think we sould strat like a protest if they tear it down. ;)

Yeah. A protest "strated" by people that have poor grammer skills.

That "sould" get their attention, and have an effect in the decision.

;)

Oh sweet irony.

A simple typo vs. that post?

Get a life.

If you're going to critique someones grammar and spelling then you might want to make sure you double check your post so as not to be made a fool of.

As far as theming rides go... Take the cars off of Flight Deck and replace them with some feet danglers. That would add some much needed tlc to that coaster and offer a much refreshed and new experience. Could add 20 minutes to the line.

I wouldn't hold your breath for an announcement before Veterans Day. They said they'd make a decision in the offseason, and no - that doesn't mean November 2nd (for those of you looking for instant gratification). There will be some sort of announcement about Son of Beast, but if I were a betting man, I'd say that annoucement will be coming later than sooner.

I wouldn't hold your breath for an announcement before Veterans Day. They said they'd make a decision in the offseason, and no - that doesn't mean November 2nd (for those of you looking for instant gratification). There will be some sort of announcement about Son of Beast, but if I were a betting man, I'd say that annoucement will be coming later than sooner.

Oh the off-season is nearing. This gives me something to look forward to during the off-season. I am looking forward to receiving that text message from KICentral concerning the status update on Son of Beast.