The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

Uhh. They could be testing the trains with test dummies so they know which parts of the ride a rougher than others, how much they would need to change based on the computer readings, and then how much it would cost. That would help them determine what to do with the ride. They may be doing this now and not two months ago because they didn't want people to see the ride running, think it is open, and then find out it is closed. this way, less people know about it. I'm not saying CVO's brother is a liar, but I would like to see some photos.

Dvo is a very credible poster, so I highly doubt he'd make something like that up just for the sake of creating buzz.

Let's just say that SOB does open later in the season in theory. The ride will still be exactly the same as it was before the accident, unless they've been doing some major rehabbing on the coaster that we don't know about yet. Both of those things are huge "if"s.

Uhh. They could be testing the trains with test dummies so they know which parts of the ride a rougher than others, how much they would need to change based on the computer readings, and then how much it would cost. That would help them determine what to do with the ride. They may be doing this now and not two months ago because they didn't want people to see the ride running, think it is open, and then find out it is closed. this way, less people know about it. I'm not saying CVO's brother is a liar, but I would like to see some photos.

LOL

They are using the DB water dummies. They want to see which ones come back without heads!!!!

I kid, I kid.

Part of me goes "Darnet, the firewood's back at it!"

Another goes, "Yes, there's still hope for this ride."

I wanted to see this ride go for so long, and so passionately, but at the sight of this news I actually find myself somewhat uplifted. Huh. Perhaps it's just the fundamental enthusiast in me coming out and saying don't play with fire.

I wish they would just fix the thing or tear it down. If they could actually make it an enjoyable ride, then that would be great. But, they've tried, and it's beyond help. It's like the Britney Spears of the rollercoaster world- flashy, but it has a lot of incidents and needs some rehab.

The thing is, I don't doubt that it's running circuits. I just doubt that that says anything about the future of the ride. I think they might be measuring stress on the structure or something, but if they were planning on reopening it, they would have done track maintenance since May.

I don't think it's any evidence of them re-opening it this season. Having already announced that they aren't, I think they're either doing some tests on the ride dynamics, or else running it just to get some work hours into the systems. After all, machines and systems being left idle for long periods of time develop errors, such as the first few weeks of seasonal parks' operation.. mechanical nightmares.

This is getting interesting now I guess we could have some hope that it might be reopened next year if they figure out what they are going to do with it. Hmmmm testing it sounds like to me they are getting data from the ride with the dummies in it based on the ride how rough or speed,g forces it has and on the posts before said I hope they can figure what they are going to do next if this is the case than. :huh:

If they are running tests would this be for the amount of stress from the speed the wood can handle and the trains too? I'm anixous to find out whats going on now with it if there are tests being done on it. I'm sure we will find out in several weeks coming up whats going on with SOB's future.

I wonder if the park is doing some test to see if its safe to reopen it next year. I will not be sad to see the ride go if it does not comeback I got my rides in.

It has already been declared safe to reopen...

Eureka! Could they be considering a last rides auction?

Maybe, but I doubt it since the park already said they are not satisfied with the experience. But, that may have nothing to do with a last rides auction. I guess I could make my last ride my first by winning the auction. :lol:

i highly doubt they would have last rides this year. For one, that would basically be telling the general public the ride is gone, before the offseason. Im sure that would have a damper on season pass sales, something they do not want... My guess is they are doing some sort of tests to see what they want to do if anything to the ride, or as someone else pointed out just to keep the ride controls and whatnot up to date....

I'd also like to point out that this is just a rumor without any evidence to support it.

This is not to say that Dvo is intentionally misleading us - I don't know Dvo and to date have no reason to doubt his credibility, but I do have a brother and he's been known to pull a prank on me before.

And about SoB and replacing it - people, you can't think it will be replaced! I mean, not after it is destroyed. I mean, when Bat was closed, Vortex came at least 3 years after that (I'm probably wrong) and Delirium replaced King Cobra - I don't know.

King Cobra closed end of 2000, Delirium opened 2003- two full seasons in-between with empty space. Bat closed sometime in 1982, Vortex opened 1987- a bit more than four full seasons.

If I remember correctly The Bat actually stood for a couple of seasons, SBNO.

And about SoB and replacing it - people, you can't think it will be replaced! I mean, not after it is destroyed. I mean, when Bat was closed, Vortex came at least 3 years after that (I'm probably wrong) and Delirium replaced King Cobra - I don't know.

King Cobra closed end of 2000, Delirium opened 2003- two full seasons in-between with empty space. Bat closed sometime in 1982, Vortex opened 1987- a bit more than four full seasons.

If I remember correctly The Bat actually stood for a couple of seasons, SBNO.

I had season passes in 1981,82,83, & 84. The Bat opened in 81, but was closed off and on that year. In 1982, they had a TV commercial saying "The Bat is back". It ran off and on that year also. In 83, it was closed for about 90% of the season. However, I was there on a few days in the summer of 83 when they had it open. On those days, it would not ever open in the morning. It was usually in the late afternoon, and you just had to pay attention if you were in the park. It was SBNO all of 84.