Have you ever recorded an "illegal POV"

kjkjkj

With all the POVs on youtube, I was just curious how many people on here have ever recorded a POV on a ride when it was against the rules.. You can remain anonymous if you want. Just another pointless poll to add to the mix :D

I "nulled" my vote BTW, which I do on all my polls.

No POVs here. I answered my phone on the 2nd lift hill on Beast, and my wife laughed when she heard everybody screaming, but that's about the only time I've done anything remotely like that.

What happens to people who get caught making illegal POV's, I wonder?

No POVs here. I answered my phone on the 2nd lift hill on Beast, and my wife laughed when she heard everybody screaming, but that's about the only time I've done anything remotely like that.

I was in line for Adventure Express and a guy in the 1-1 pulled out a camera just as the ride ops dispatched the train, and the op in the control booth put on the emergency brakes and said over the PA "Please refrain from the use of cameras while riding Adventure Express". The guy just turned to the other person in his row and started talking. After the ride op repeated himself for the 3rd time the guy finally got the hint and put his camera away.

I haven't taken any POV's or on-ride photos at parks that have policies against it. If they don't care, then neither do I...though usually it's too much trouble.

Unfortunately...that completely depends on the mood of the ride op who catches them!

Flyer, who usually isn't too moody! :)

i dont know about after they are on the ride, but in the station a guy pulled out a video camera phone and they told him to put it in his pocket or that he would have to get off the ride.

i'm going to ki pretty soon and is wondering should i ask or sneak my video camera on there. cause it will be my first pov

i dont know about after they are on the ride, but in the station a guy pulled out a video camera phone and they told him to put it in his pocket or that he would have to get off the ride.

i'm going to ki pretty soon and is wondering should i ask or sneak my video camera on there. cause it will be my first pov

Neither! If you ask, "no" is the response you will get. If you are sneaking on the video camera, you're breaking the law.

And since I feel like spieling:

Just as a reminder, the use of electronic devices such as cameras and cell phones is stricktly prohibited on all rides at Kings Island. Failure to follow all verbal and posted instructions is considered a misdemeanor under Ohio law.

So there! ;)

Flyer, responding in the way that he feels he should!

A true ride warrior/enthusiast would be too busy having fun on the ride to start thinking about doing something that could get them arrested, or worse, expelled forever from the park.

Small twist on Hermione Granger’s quote in HP1, but this is my priorities on the matter! :)

I have no idea if Kings Island has ever prosecuted anyone for doing illegal on ride photography. I do know that it happens on occasion in New Jersey at Six Flags, and the park always prosecutes those it catches. That being said, illegal GAd pov's abound on the web. Sigh. It is a dangerous practice, and forbidden for good reason.

Guest rcfreak339

I have only recorded one POV in my life, and I had permission to do so. Wild Mouse at Beech Bend park. I just asked and the op said yes.

No. I'm not an idiot. And I'm hoping that others on this site are not either. Cameras are a loose article. Just because you think you can hold on to it does not mean you will, especially on a turbulent roller coaster, and as soon as that camera slips from your fingers, it becomes a missile that can severely injure those around you who are trying to enjoy their day. I ALWAYS alert ride operators if I see someone POVing as I do not want to become the victim of a flying object.

I was tucking my camera more securely into my pocket on a ride and the ride op made a comment about photography not being allowed. I looked at him square in the eye and told him I was not an idiot and my camera would be secured throughout the entire ride.

However, I did film POVs on some of the rides at Krazy City. I was given permission to and did everything I could to make sure my camera wouldn't fall, such as tightening the strap around my wrist and holding the camera with both hands. If it was something that I had a high chance of losing it on, such as a large coaster, I wouldn't have done it. Bumper cars and a spring ride are a different story. But if the ride operators had said no, I wouldn't have done it. It's that simple.