So what could be new for 2010?

Oldschool75

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont mean to be a stick in the mud but "they have gotten better with theming"

NO WAY!! i think paramount was on top of the theming i have seen a decline in "theming" since CP took over. sorry

No, he means that CF has gotten better with theming.

in what area is he refering?? (areas of the park) i think the NU retheme will be the big test for them .

I mean just what I said: Cedar Fair has made great strides in the area of designing and maintaining themeing. I was very impressed with Planet Snoopy @ CP, the detailed backdrops, graphics, themeing on the (admittidly used) rides, it all comes together very well. I do think that the NickU do overs will be a big test, but if their recent installations are anything to go by, there really isn't much to worry about.

I know what the map says and what the general guest thinks about the flume, but the rides department has the log flume placed in Rivertown (as well as BLSC) and it annoys me when the people that I work with every day tell me I'm part of kiddy land all the time.

Sorry, but I'm picky like that :P

If I understand correctly, ride ops are assigned to more than one ride. What is the log flume paired with?

Danny Phantom's Phantom Flyers. Also, I'd say that there are as many rides without a pair as their are ride groupings.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the Camp Snoopy theme quite a bit more than Planet Snoopy. Camp Snoopy seemed to have an overriding theme, but Planet Snoopy seemed like some cleverly-themed rides thrown together. I liked PS at CP, but I certainly liked the CS theme more. Hopefully, they'll pull it off at KI better. :)

Well it was this time last year that Diamondback construction had already started. Unfortunately I have not been to the park to ride DB :( (That will be in Oct). I was just wondering if anyone has noticed any dirt being moved around at the park? Anything being stirred up, or speculation for 2010?

New Ride Next Year might be a King Cobra or Screamin' Demon. They are wanting to turn Kings Island back to the past.

Well it was this time last year that Diamondback construction had already started. Unfortunately I have not been to the park to ride DB :( (That will be in Oct). I was just wondering if anyone has noticed any dirt being moved around at the park? Anything being stirred up, or speculation for 2010?

New Ride Next Year might be a King Cobra or Screamin' Demon. They are wanting to turn Kings Island back to the past.

haha right because we need a coaster that you have to walk up flights of stairs to just do one loop, or a coaster in which the general public doesnt generally find appealing (or even worth riding).... im sure that would drum up business... and allow more than a few disability advocates to hang around.... lol!

When you think about it, Action Theater has had Spongebob for almost half of its life. They could also add some theming- a few crates spraypainted bright colors with "Krabby Patties", "Pickles", etc. written on them. That wouldn't take too much out of the theming budget, would it?

I dont get it. Why would they have to remove spongebob? Do they not have 2 theaters in Action theater. And Is urgent scare using either of the rooms ? IDK Just wondering.

When you think about it, Action Theater has had Spongebob for almost half of its life. They could also add some theming- a few crates spraypainted bright colors with "Krabby Patties", "Pickles", etc. written on them. That wouldn't take too much out of the theming budget, would it?

I dont get it. Why would they have to remove spongebob? Do they not have 2 theaters in Action theater. And Is urgent scare using either of the rooms ? IDK Just wondering.

Why on earth would the park expunge all references to Nick Universe and Nick characters, but keep Spongebob in the Action Theater? I suppose it is not impossible, but I figure it is about as likely as the park giving out free ice cream any day the temperature reaches 90 degrees. Possible, but very, very, very unlikely.

Also only one side of Action Theater actually works. Been that way for quite some time...

Why on earth would the park expunge all references to Nick Universe and Nick characters, but keep Spongebob in the Action Theater? I suppose it is not impossible, but I figure it is about as likely as the park giving out free ice cream any day the temperature reaches 90 degrees. Possible, but very, very, very unlikely.

Also only one side of Action Theater actually works. Been that way for quite some time...

Yeah Sorta forgot about that srry.lol

Yeah, one side of the Action Theater is used for Urgent Scare and has been modified from its days as a theater to accommodate the haunt.

And it is time for Spongebob in the Action FX Theater to be replaced anyway. It debuted in 2003, which makes its seven season run the longest of any other of the signature movies to be shown in the Action Theater. Days of Thunder was shown from 1994 through 1997. James Bond: A License to Thrill was shown from 1998-2000. The 7th Portal (the first 3D film in the Action FX theater) was shown from 2001-2002. In all honesty, unless they upgrade the theater to include some 4D effects (such as water, wind or smell effects like some of the theaters down at Disney World or Six Flags parks), I think that the Action FX Theater has pretty much run its course as a popular attraction.

Now if they added some more family rides along Coney Mall back there, say on the former site of the laser tag building, it could increase the popularity of the FX Theater and whatever movie they are showing there next season. But I doubt that we will see any new rides added to Kings Island next year on the heels of Diamondback. See Canada`s Wonderland this year as an example of no major investment after they added Behemoth in 2008.

Considering that Six Flags is likely relocated Chang to another Six Flags park and that no new stand up coasters have been built in years, the likelihood of that happening are about as likely as Kings Island building a ride like Top Thrill Dragster. As in not going to happen.

So you postulate they are buying Chang from Six Flags? Who knew? :)

YES! KI needs a stand up! And a B&M while they are at it!

is it just me or does it seem like parks dont like stand ups? change removal is a prime example. hmmmmm.....but the guests love them. what other parks have stand up coasters? many left ?