Confirmed Snoopy Coming to Kings Island...

RailRider

If that's what gets you excited, then so be it. LOL.

Will there will be children next year at KI having fun in Planet Snoopy? Of course! Tons of them! But will you see as many kids laughing and pointing at rides saying "LOOK! IT'S SALLY FROM PEANUTS!"?, Rather than "LOOK! It's Spongebob!" Will you see kids getting as excited getting their picture taking with characters? Didn't think so.

Do you think the majority of kids in the country know Spongebob Squarepants better, or Snoopy better? Not in the 90's, TODAY. Again, didn't think so. Point proven. Looks like Woofie wants to start a fight. :rolleyes:

Nah, not starting a fight.

I just believe that you are utterly incorrect on this.

It's fine to be disappointed that NU is leaving. But don't expect that this move is going to effect whether kids of any age enjoy or do not enjoy the park.

I just said it could, and I know kids are more familiar with Spongebob rather than Peanuts, so that might have an effect on whether they want to visit KI and see the characters they know and love.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

if the characters are colorful, fun, and friendly then the kids will love them,its a great choice to have snoopy, Honestly we see sponge bob every day, Snoopy and the gang we hardly see, so seeing them at a amusement park we be so cool cause we hardly see them on tv, but sponge bob we see every day so whats the joy of seeing them at KI,

Coming to KI to see something thats on tv and see everyday or coming to see something we rarely see,

I'd rather pay to see friendly old friends who aren't always on tv then to see friends who I see every day....see what I mean

Bring on the peanuts. Charlie Brown is my idol. I just hope they keep the avatar ride, because that's a fun ride. Put snoopy on top of it, that's cool. Scooby-Doo...well I thought Scooby-Doo was a little bright for a dark ride. Do all the rides at Cedar Point in Planet Snoopy have a snoopy theme? They could just make a Disney Haunted Mansion ride for the dark ride...generic.

Either way it doesn't really matter for me, I never go into that area, except for the avatar ride. I haven't been on Scooby-Doo in ages.

Now quite honestly, do you SERIOUSLY think that kids and families will say to themselves over the summer,

"Well, I'd LIKE to go to Kings Island, but they don't have Spongebob anymore, instead they have Snoopy....forget all of the great rides and shows and things to do there, the lack of Nick doesn't make it worth it."

Seriously, kids don't care!!! I've seen tons of happy children and families at Cedar Point enjoying Snoopy. The fact that the rides aren't themed to an annoying yellow Sponge really doesn't make to much of a difference at all to them.

Honestly, your opinion of Snoopy weighed a lot into that post. It's obvious you hate Nickoldeon because you called it's biggest television show ever on the network, "an annoying yellow sponge". I personally love Peanuts, it's a classic, but here's what I think many family's could say:

"We were going to Kings Island, but the main area my child likes has been changed, and h/she won't be able to play with the characters h/she loves anymore. I think we'll hold off because my child will have more fun with characters h/she watches at home."

Also many families think the rides their child loves will leave with Nick Universe and a whole new Snoopy batch will come in, even though this is incorrect.

Not many of you have kids: I Do. Not being a smart ass, but the truth is kids do not rush home from school these days wanting to watch Snoopy, but they do to watch Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron. My 2 cents on your post.

We are not in the 70's anymore, Spongebob SquarePants and Hannah Montana are popular, Snoopy and Scooby aren't with the majority of children.

I beg to differ with that end quote my kids adore Scooby-Doo he's on Cartoon Network and Scooby has a new cartoon series and movie coming out on the 13th no my kids don't watch snoopy unless it's a holiday but they clammer to scooby-doo just as they do to Spongebob.

All right, my two cents on this matter- I think Cedar Fair made the correct move here. Nick simply wanted too much money. Imagine, for a moment, if they had paid that extreme amount of cash to re-sign? Son of Beast's removal would be a clear no-brainer(no money for an overhaul), or worse yet, they might not have the money to remove it (and it would be SBNO for a year or so, and a SBNO coaster can be an eyesore). No new attractions at all for 2010, and even 2011...then, the rides all start to rust & decay and there is not enough money to fix them all up and more rides are lost. Signing Snoopy, who were already with Cedar Fair's other parks and were charging far less, was the right call. I just hope they spend the money the right way.

Now, kicking Scooby Doo out is a different matter. He was on ANOTHER deal, that DID NOT expire in 2009. Just so Snoopy can run without any competition (I would have loved to see Scooby & Snoopy share the park, for various reasons, though mostly irony). And there goes one of the last pieces of the original 1972 KI, and one of the characters who helped make the park popular. Losing Nick-U doesn't anger me, but this does...because if Scooby can go, what else is in danger? Are we going to see them tear down Racer? Eiffel Tower? Heck, even Beast (though it came 7 years later) might not be safe...although if they were going to tear this stuff, half (or more) of their fans would show up with weapons to defend it...or get it declared a NATIONAL landmark so they couldn't tear it down. (Actually, let's do that now...Dear Mr.President... :lol: )

Just my opinion.

I understand that its cheaper for the park to have snoopy, and I am okay with it, kids will get over it, may not be happy and may ask a lot of questions from their parents but they will get over it. My only comment is this directed at the people who think kids will love the peanuts characters like they did growing up. Kids will not love them like they do the characters on nick. Its an easy reason for this, and thats because they are exposed to Nick characters constantly, Snoopy and the gang are not shown and kids will not flock to get a picture with Charlie, but Snoopy is not frightening as much. You know what dog I would love to see at a park though is Droopy.

So side question.... does this mean The Beastie, will it be returning as a name or will it go to the same name graveyard as The Scooby Doo?

Scooby ride is amazing. I like it better than Phantom Theater. So overrated, imo.

I have to agree now don't get me wrong Phantom Theater was fantastic when it opened up in 1992 but the kids and maybe parents,grandparents,uncles & aunted like scooby better.My cousin was 6 years old when I started taking him to Kings Island and he wouldn't go into Phantom Theater at all so when I took him I would always have to pass on by PT...He called PT the ''Scary House"'

For me I think kids can relate to Scooby-Doo I mean really it's their first look into the paranormal when they see scooby they know it's okay to be scared.

I understand that its cheaper for the park to have snoopy, and I am okay with it, kids will get over it, may not be happy and may ask a lot of questions from their parents but they will get over it. My only comment is this directed at the people who think kids will love the peanuts characters like they did growing up. Kids will not love them like they do the characters on nick. Its an easy reason for this, and thats because they are exposed to Nick characters constantly, Snoopy and the gang are not shown and kids will not flock to get a picture with Charlie, but Snoopy is not frightening as much. You know what dog I would love to see at a park though is Droopy.

So side question.... does this mean The Beastie, will it be returning as a name or will it go to the same name graveyard as The Scooby Doo?

Droopy Rocks!!!! "Hello Folks"

personally I was never a big Snoopy fan until Snoopy came to Cedar Point, now I am, really because I never was into cartoons much as a kid, they were boring to me, my life revolved around Star Wars and Rock n Roll