Ride Mechanics Work on Beast Trains

BoddaH1994

I always love to see the inner workings of things. I love these pictures. It always amazes me that all the coaster trains are painstakingly taken apart and put back together every winter at Kings Island. After all, safety is of paramount importance at any amusement park.

Some parks actually don`t do that type of maintenance in house, or every year for that matter. Some parks actually ship the trains back to the manufacturer every two years, and let the manufacturer do that type of maintenance.

And I do not think that there is grease on the lap bars. Remember, that those orange lap bars tend to attract dirt, and often get dark spots where the dirt collects. Besides, the trains are still in the process of being put back together. They haven`t been given a once over and cleaned like I`m sure they will be before the first guests board them in April.

^^ There is grease on the lapbars, just not the orange part that holds the rider in. I can say from experience :rolleyes: that i've accidentally stuck my hand in grease on the black portion on the lower end of the bar, where the bar connects to the rest of the train. It all depends on how fast maintenance decides to slap the grease on the connection. :)

Thursday, Ray Kruse, a rides electronics technician at Kings Island, wired the lap bar device on Beast rain cars in the park's wood coaster maintenance shop.

ah, so that's what it is, they only have two trains designed to run in the rain, and we blamed it on Cedar Fair's safety rules.

Thursday, Ray Kruse, a rides electronics technician at Kings Island, wired the lap bar device on Beast rain cars in the park's wood coaster maintenance shop.

ah, so that's what it is, they only have two trains designed to run in the rain, and we blamed it on Cedar Fair's safety rules.

I think that was a typo they don't have trains that only run in the rain.

^^ There is grease on the lapbars, just not the orange part that holds the rider in. I can say from experience :rolleyes: that i've accidentally stuck my hand in grease on the black portion on the lower end of the bar, where the bar connects to the rest of the train. It all depends on how fast maintenance decides to slap the grease on the connection. :)

They probably do not apply grease "on", but rather "in", via grease fittings. But where there are grease fittings, there will often be excess grease/grime to be found accidentally. I can say this from experience! ;)

I think that was a typo they don't have trains that only run in the rain.

this i was already aware of. :D, i guess i should have added a ;)