A First Glimpse at Planet Snoopy

BoddaH1994

Ghoster%20Coaster%20logo.jpg

I know the picture is small, but it looks as if their Ghoster Coaster has Snoopy with his vulture stare atop the logo. Here's to hoping the Fairly Odd Coaster is reverted to The Beastie (or renamed to the Ghoster Coaster) to also take advantage of the Snoopy Vulture.

Woodstock theme? I was told it may get a Snoopy vs The Red Baron theme.I'm gonna miss Reptar badly but the coaster's new theme will be just as good I guess if your kids like peanuts.

BTW I'm not thrilled on the new renaming of SDATHC I think Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is super lame!

Just seen the logos for the rides so far they look awesome..what's the pumpking patch?

My Review of the CW names:

Peanuts 500: This one is okay.

Snoopy's Revolution: Uh... this makes me think of two things: Magic Mountain and war. Oh well, it's not too lame.

Lucy's Tugboat: Not very creative, but it's okay.

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill: This name is so lame. I keep needing to enunciate it carefully so I don't say "Boob Blasters on Boo Hill". (are we allowed to say "boob" on KIC? I searched and it seems to be okay...)

Sally's Love Buggies: Sounds like an STD.

Woodstock's Whirlybirds: It's okay. I like the logo for this one.

Joe Cool's Dodgem School: Ugh! Besides the attempt at a rhyme, it doesn't make sense.

The Pumpkin Patch: this sounds like a seedy roadside attraction.

Snoopy vs. Red Baron: This one is sort of lame. Not too bad, though.

Character Carousel: The logo for this one is really good! The name isn't that hot, but it's better than Nick-O-Round.

My Review of the CW names:

Peanuts 500: This one is okay.

Snoopy's Revolution: Uh... this makes me think of two things: Magic Mountain and war. Oh well, it's not too lame.

Lucy's Tugboat: Not very creative, but it's okay.

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill: This name is so lame. I keep needing to enunciate it carefully so I don't say "Boob Blasters on Boo Hill". (are we allowed to say "boob" on KIC? I searched and it seems to be okay...)

Sally's Love Buggies: Sounds like an STD.

Woodstock's Whirlybirds: It's okay. I like the logo for this one.

Joe Cool's Dodgem School: Ugh! Besides the attempt at a rhyme, it doesn't make sense.

The Pumpkin Patch: this sounds like a seedy roadside attraction.

Snoopy vs. Red Baron: This one is sort of lame. Not too bad, though.

Character Carousel: The logo for this one is really good! The name isn't that hot, but it's better than Nick-O-Round.

your reviews made me laugh!

Boo-Blasters-140.jpg

I find it odd that Boo Blasters on Boo Hill's logo has 'scary', serious looking ghosts, yet the ride's description seems to point to a connection with the Peanuts gang. Those ghosts don't exactly seem like they're part of the Peanuts universe to me...

Also, a slight, miniscule, not-so-bad sort of kudos to Cedar Fair for actually taking their time and making better-than-mediocre logos. <_< I guess... But it better not go to their head!

I personally like the name "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill", I feel the name is juvenile and has a certain ring to it that will resonate with younger kids passing through Planet Snoopy. Ok, so I do not adore or love the name, but I do like it. I do not think the ride would be named as such if it were located in Action Zone for example.

Let's face it, with the location of the building so close to the childrens area, the park would be hard pressed to ever again have a mature family oriented attraction in this location. Phantom Theater for example would just not work well within the area (not that the current themeing in park areas does this particularly well anyways). Could there have been a better name chosen? Certainly. Does the name fit the area and possibly describe the ride to the younger viewers that will in all probability make up its audience? I think so.

Remember, it is but only some 50 years ago where we were graced with Roller Coasters known as "Rollo Coaster", "Roller Coaster", "Coaster" and "Big Dipper". By today's standards these names surely disappoint, but for the most part the rides have not! There is much more to a ride than its name, and I for one can live with this name!

Music rights are licensed differently, and any business can play music so long as any appropriate licensing fee is paid. And now, in certain, very limited circumstances, businesses can even play the radio without playing royalties..but exceptions abound.

Separately, a very detailed article about Snoopy vs. Nick at California's Great America. It deserves reading in full, but includes this curious paragraph:

...That Apollo Global Management is poised to buy Cedar Fair's 18 amusement and water parks and five hotels for $2.4 billion shouldn't immediately affect the Peanuts branding when Great America reopens for the season on March 29....

http://www.mercuryne...ies/ci_14260668

(Registration may be required)

I cannot believe that who owns the parks when the season starts will affect the Peanuts branding for quite some time....

There are licensing organizations that have their respective catalogs. In the old days, a license with BMI and ASCAP would get you virtually the entire music catalog then available. It is a bit more complicated these days. This will help with a basic understanding:

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-licensing3.htm

If it's like CP's Planet Snoopy, we'll be hearing the likes of the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus. (bleh!)

But maybe the children like to party in the USA.

Hopefully everyone in line for Diamondback also likes to party in the USA, as you would most certainly hear it over there if it's anything like CP.