Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

Q: David McPeak - I noticed that in yesterday's 5@5 you mentioned that Kings Island has 14 coasters,I thought that the park always said 15 coasters? Is that because of SOB or is Snoopy Surf Dog no longer considered a coaster?

A: David, Kings Island has 14 roller coasters, including Surf Dog.

Wouldn't it be 13......let me make a count...

1. Adventure Express

2. Flight of Fear

3. Diamondback

4. Firehawk

5. Racer

6. Flying Ace

7. Great Pumpkin Coaster

8. Snoopy Surf

9. Woodstock Express

10. Vortex

11. Beast

12. Backlot Stunt Coaster

13. Invertigo

14. Flight Deck

Nevermind! 14!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely not a fan of Down Home Country. I sat and watched it during RWCW because my group was having lunch in Festhaus (And also because a saw that a person I graduated high school with was performing wink.gif) and when asked how I liked the show I believe I used the phrase "Cruel and unusual punishment" in my answer tongue.gif

But I don't think I've ever sat and watched Don't Stop The Music, so I guess that's on my list of things to do this year. I'm also looking forward to seeing Endless Summer on Ice if it will be showing again this year, and whatever they have showing in Planet Snoopy.

No more endless summer on ice it's going to be Snoopy Rocks On Ice!

http://www.pki.com/a...ry.cfm?ac_id=17

Ah... well I guess that shows how well I've been keeping up on KI news lately :P I'm kinda bummed that I never got to see Endless Summer on Ice but I absolutely love Snoopy so I'll be checking out the new show regardless.

Q: David McPeak - Is there a chance in the future that we could see the tunnels at the end of The Racer be removed? I think it would be neat to go through the brake run while looking out at the park.

A: David, the view of the park while on the brake run was a great one when the ride first opened, but over the years the trees around the ride have grown expedentially so the view wouldn't be what it once was. Removing the tunnels could happen some day, but at least for the foreseeable future they're there to stay.

I would love to see a mural painting commissioned for the tunnels instead, but I'm not sure what the theme would be. I bet they can find someone to hire for cheap to do the job....I'd do it for the cost of paint! (Also, loving the use of 'expedentially' in this answer. tongue.gif)

No need for paint either, just use all the gum that's accumulated over the years.

Today's 5@5!

They did scrape off all the gum and repaint the tunnels towards the end of the season last year.

Q: David McPeak - I noticed that in yesterday's 5@5 you mentioned that Kings Island has 14 coasters,I thought that the park always said 15 coasters? Is that because of SOB or is Snoopy Surf Dog no longer considered a coaster?

A: David, Kings Island has 14 roller coasters, including Surf Dog.

---------------------------

They DID have 15, its just that the offspring of one of the best coasters in the park has not been doing well and has just been taken out of the official coaster count. Seems like a bit of reverse phsycology to me.rolleyes.gif

Q: Jeffrey Schoenstra - With all the other former King Island owned parks, transforming thier Scooby Doo Mansion into Boo Blasters, What is the fate of our KI ride?? My family and I have made it our first ride of the day, Do we need to find another ride? or another park? This will be our 10th opening day in a row,

A: Jeffrey, as we've mentioned, we will have a new dark ride experience for our guests in 2010. More information concerning the ride, including the name, will be announced the week of March 29.

The more they keep saying that, the less I become interested in what all they're going to do to the ride. This stalling won't mean anything if the only thing that's changed is the removal of the Scooby props and a simple rename. Even adding 3D to the title isn't going to do the trick, in my opinion. It just means more fluorescent paint and annoying paper glasses.

I would be surprised if we see any significant changed to the ride, besides the obvious removal of the Mystery Inc. gang. I`d look for props to be replaced with the standard props from Sally`s Ghost Blasters dark ride. After all, the Scooby theme was simply overlaid into that existing theme to begin with. Not that hard, and will not require that much work or investment on the part of the park. Its not like it is as big of a transformation as when the ride went from Phantom Theater to Scooby Doo. Or is it? Only time will tell for sure what exactly is going on in the Ghastly Manor.

Q: Matt Higgins - Will the Crypt be upgraded in the coming years?

A: Matt, since we were able to significantly increase ridership and decrease downtime in 2009 compared to the previous year, we do not plan on making any changes to the Crypt at this time.

Q: Stephen Courter - I have noticed that The Beast has been not so beasty. What i mean is it feels like they have slowed the speed down in the past couple of years, i was currious if this is a fact. If it has been slowed down i was just wondering why.

A: Stephen, The Beast has not lost any speed. It still hits the same speeds at various parts of the 7,400 feet of track that it always has. The more a guest rides it they might think it has slowed down some because they've become used to the ride. But it hasn't.

----------------------------

Q: Travis Nuss - if you lose your 2010 pass can you get another one at no charge or do you have to pay for one? i think i have lost my 2010 Kings Island pass but would love to come can you please give me some feedback?

A: Travis, if your pass was processed and you have lost it, you can get a replacement pass for $15.

-----------------------------

Q: David McPeak - Does Kings Island still have the goldfish that you can feed out by Viking Fury?

A: David, the goldfish are still in the pond by the Viking Fury and Outer Hanks. Guests are still able to feed them.

Q: Nick Beaver - If you had to change one thing about Kings Island, what would it be? And also if you could add any rides to the park what would some of them be?

A: Nick, a sit down restaurant and a traditional amusement park flat ride such as a Ferris Wheel.

Q: David McPeak - Does Kings Island still have the goldfish that you can feed out by Viking Fury?

A: David, the goldfish are still in the pond by the Viking Fury and Outer Hanks. Guests are still able to feed them.

Why does this one make me feel like we're running out of questions?

Since it is a dark knight, I'll leaf it alone from here on out, in this post anywho.

I found the mention of a Ferris Wheel and a sit down restaurant to warm the kockles* of my heart...as those are aspirations for the park that I, too, share.

*incorrectly spelled to get past the **** filter.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-coc2.htm

Since it is a dark knight, I'll leaf it alone from here on out, in this post anywho.

I found the mention of a Ferris Wheel and a sit down restaurant to warm the kockles* of my heart...as those are aspirations for the park that I, too, share.

*incorrectly spelled to get past the **** filter.

http://www.worldwide.../qa/qa-coc2.htm

I really couldn't care less whether or not a sit-down restaurant was added to the park, but I've been saying for years that Kings Island needs to get a Ferris Wheel. That's one of my favorite flat rides and I must say I'm not a fan of having to wait for a day Stricker's Grove is open to the public to ride one :(

Their consistent claim (at least, in the 5@5) is that the International Restaurant is open... For character breakfasts.

Why it would be so difficult to turn a restaurant into a restaurant is beyond me. But realistically looking at food prices within the park, they're smart to leave it closed if you ask me. The prices in the sit down restaurant would undoubtedly be astronomically high. Despite the amount of time I spend rallying for a sit-down restaurant, I can almost assure you that (should it open with the food prices one would expect based on the rest of the park) I wouldn't go.

Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure is (appropriately or not) often considered the best restaurant in a theme park. There, entrees hover around $11. Certainly a respectable price in that sort of theme park environment, where entrees in generic food venues there are around $8 or $9 (and we're not talking tasteless hamburgers, but rather spaghetti and meatballs with breadsticks, two slices of pizza with a bag of chips, orange chicken and rice). And in many reviews I've read they say that the ability to sit in Mythos' air conditioning is worth the price alone, not to mention the incredible architecture and general atmosphere.

But just to sit above the turnstiles and look out over the fountains isn't worth what would certainly be the outrageous prices, if you ask me.

Q: Keith Harrison - As you update the website, are there plans to include allergen information for the food locations? It would make it easier for those with allergy issues to stay in the park and eat versus always having to leave for a local restaurant.

A: Keith, we are considering including the allergen information in the food locations. The information will be available at Guest Services located at the front gate.

Thank you, Keith! Great question! As the parent of a child with a peanut allergy, this would be great. We appreciate the fact that Potato Works advertises on the building that they use peanut oil, and we know from outside the park that Chik-Fil-A does too. But having this information available on the website would help others with food allergies avoid any hazards!

I really couldn't care less whether or not a sit-down restaurant was added to the park, but I've been saying for years that Kings Island needs to get a Ferris Wheel. That's one of my favorite flat rides and I must say I'm not a fan of having to wait for a day Stricker's Grove is open to the public to ride one sad.gif

You don't have to wait for Stricker's Grove to ride one. As CoastersRZ will confirm, there's a great Eli Bridge ferris wheel at Coney! And for an added thrill, there's the Rock-O-Planes.