Boo Blasters On Boo Hill

KIMonster14

I actually got to take a sneak preview of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill today.

Here's the lowdown:

The first half is very similar to Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, sans the characters. They actually did a fantastic job of livening it up, giving it a touch of paint and replacing the old characters with scarier characters.

Then the second half.

All hell breaks loose.

I'm not going to spoil any of it for you, but let's just say that it's something that Kings Island can be very proud of. I'm talking special effects, in-your-face scenes, and the realistic animatronics.

Oh, and the blasters work much better now too. I could hit targets that were really far away. I guess they gave it a MAJOR rehab.

Can't wait to hear what you guys think after riding it this Saturday!!!

Ryan, Do they make it so you can see the lasers? or is just luck of the draw? lol

Nah, you still shoot in a similar fashion as you did with Scooby. Either my aim has improved over the offseason or it's a little easier to hit the targets. Like I said before, I think the guns were all recalibrated.

Has the indoor section of the queue been updated at all? Any character or anything put in the Maestro's box?

Nah, it was stripped of the pop up cardboard Scooby characters that never seemed to work but other than that it's very similar to what it was like before.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to share this funny story here. Last night, I heard GatorGirl say to Mrs. Gator, "Mommy, I think maybe Daddy should ride the old Scooby ride first to see if it's okay for me, and you and I can ride other rides when he's doing that." Mrs. Gator asked her, "Why? Are you scared?", to which GatorGirl said "Yeah".

At this point I jumped in on the conversation. I told her "Well, it's a lot like Scooby, only without Scooby" (yeah, I know, I over-simplified it a bit). She said "But the pictures look scary." (I had shown her the pictures on Facebook). I said, "Well, you have the blaster to blast them away, you'll be sitting on my lap, and you know the ghosts aren't real, they're all fake." She said, "Yeah, I know, but Scooby Doo was in there and he's funny so that was fun for me."

Looks like someone might be a little scared tomorrow.

It would've been nice to see some more new stuff in the beginning but it was a major improvement, I always said before the ride was much more about Scooby Doo than a haunted house, so major improvement it is now more of a haunted house.

The 3D glasses are $1, and were being sold in the queue area. Not sure about the Carnevil Glasses.

I too didn`t quite get the forest scene at the end and how it connected to the previous scenes. The skeleton scene in Kings Island`s version is a lot bigger and longer than the scene in Carowinds version, and I like the scene with Boocifer, something that Carowinds lacked.

BBoBH was awesome! A large improvement over Scooby. I saw some scared kids, but I also saw some really happy kids running out of the exit saying "let's do it again!!!". The new special effects are really cool.

I bought the glasses for myself and my daughter who's 15. We both thought it was distractingwacko.gif . We truly enjoyed the special effects with the glasses, but then it made it more difficult to concentrate and shoot the little blue lights. We scored like a 300. I can't begin to tell you one scene from another that I can remotely remember except for the ending. I don't think I can say I remember seeing boocifer. Great Job On The New Ride. It was FUN! I'll have to do it again next weekend.

Definite improvement over Scooby. Yes, the creepiness (I wouldn't exactly say scary) factor was higher, but the ride was just so much better. The scenery looked better, Boocifer looked cooler, the element at the end was awesome! I did buy the 3D glasses, and they don't make much of an improvement at all. Still, it's a fun ride, and I enjoyed it, even though I'm averaging 300 :P

Ok, question I haven't seen....

I was reviewing the Ghost Blasters videos on youtube before this ride was even announced, and one of them has this song blaring through the ride:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=i2Y7iFsSjzU

and I found it very catchy! It reminded me of Phantom Theater having a catchy song playing while you ride, and that's a huge plus to me.

Is it in the King's Island version???

And if it's not in the KI version, this song would lighten up the mood and make it more fun for those complaining it was too dark for their kids...

^ That song sounds way too generic and annoying to the point of I may not even ride it multiple times in one trip if that song was in there. If it were an instrumental track then I would be fine, but the lyrics and the way that it's sung reminds me too much of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo or any other cartoon from the 90s.

^ That song sounds way too generic and annoying to the point of I may not even ride it multiple times in one trip if that song was in there. If it were an instrumental track then I would be fine, but the lyrics and the way that it's sung reminds me too much of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo or any other cartoon from the 90s.

Major difference of opinion...after hearing the melody about 3 times it was stuck in my head...I'd ride it just to hear the song like I did Phantom Theater. Here's another vid of how it was incorporated starting at 0:30:

^ That song sounds way too generic and annoying to the point of I may not even ride it multiple times in one trip if that song was in there. If it were an instrumental track then I would be fine.

I don't remember hearing a sound track I guess I wasn't paying attention.

I agree a instrument track would be the best. I actually played this piece in my percussion ensemble called Death by Oooga Booga. It's really creepy. It is has a Africa feel to it but it would fit it perfectly in my opinion. There is actually chanting at the end of it. Here it is

http://mp3s.sheetmus...17350114_00.mp3

If that doesn't work here is the link. http://mp3s.sheetmusicplus.com/soundclips/17350114_00.mp3