Kings Island New Website

Sergeant Pepper

Also keep in mind that parks that are really well-themed (notably, Universal's Islands of Adventure & Tokyo DisneySea) do not rely on films. Islands of Adventure has only one Island themed after a movie. The others draw from other sources (comics, children's books, and mythology).

I assume you're talking about Jurassic Park. In that case, you forgot a little thing called The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. wink.gif Although, Harry Potter were books first... Same could be said for The Cat in the Hat, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic 4, even Popeye was a cartoon first, later turned into a movie... Come to think of it, even Jurassic Park was a book first.

I once read a PTR on another site for DisneySea. Wow... what a great looking park! I'd love to go there... it's just a little hard being that it's in Japan!

Also keep in mind that parks that are really well-themed (notably, Universal's Islands of Adventure & Tokyo DisneySea) do not rely on films. Islands of Adventure has only one Island themed after a movie. The others draw from other sources (comics, children's books, and mythology).

I assume you're talking about Jurassic Park. In that case, you forgot a little thing called The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. wink.gif Although, Harry Potter were books first... Same could be said for The Cat in the Hat, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic 4, even Popeye was a cartoon first, later turned into a movie... Come to think of it, even Jurassic Park was a book first.

I once read a PTR on another site for DisneySea. Wow... what a great looking park! I'd love to go there... it's just a little hard being that it's in Japan!

Haha, of course! But, the Harry Potter area is not yet open, and offers only one new attraction. As for Spiderman, Hulk, etc. it's very clear from the props, Island decorations, and queue videos that the rides that they're based entirely on the comics (not to Mention, Universal only made a deal with Marvel, not with the half-dozen movie studios who have released films based on those characters). And The Cat in the Hat ride is clearly not based on the movie (how weird was that movie, right?) nor Popeye (how weird was that movie?!). Jurassic Park is the only area with a direct movie theme (until Potter opens).

And, consider even The Magic Kingdom - with the exception of Fantasyland, neither the themed areas, nor most of the rides within them, draw inspiration from movies. Some loosely do (Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, etc) but Enchanted Tiki Room? Big Thunder Mountain? Space Mountain? Liberty Square? The Haunted Mansion? Mickey's Toontown Fair? Sure Pixar has invaded many classic attractions, but for all intents and purposes, the park was originally constructed quite seperate from movie tie-ins. So again I say: the only correlation between movie studios & well-themed parks is that movie studios have a larger budget, and can fall-back on their character libraries where appropriate.

That webcam is the one that WCPO originally installed. It has been there since at least the fall of 2005, because you could see the Tower lit up for Winterfest that year through that webcam. Glad to see it made its way onto the site. I wonder how long it will be before the International Street webcam will go live. You could see the webcam in place above the front gate on opening day.

Something else added today: On blog entries and on each individual attraction page, there is a Facebook "Like" button. If you're logged into Facebook and click the button, it will post a link to that page with a note that you now "like" it on Facebook. Similar to the way you can become a fan of pages on Facebook...but now integrated with the KI site.

New website! Awesome!

Kings Island Website

Edit- Adventure Express, The Crypt, and Backlot Stunt Coaster are '5s', even though they are marketed as family rides... dry.gif

I work Adventure Express....and I ask myself the same question all the time and have people tell me im lying when I tell them the ride rating is a 5....I could see it as a 4

Something else added today: On blog entries and on each individual attraction page, there is a Facebook "Like" button. If you're logged into Facebook and click the button, it will post a link to that page with a note that you now "like" it on Facebook. Similar to the way you can become a fan of pages on Facebook...but now integrated with the KI site.

Very Cool! The like button Reclaimer is talking about on the ride pages is below the menus on the left side of the page. I found it easily on the Blog page, but took me a minute on the ride pages. According to the site I am the second person to like the DB page.

New website! Awesome!

Kings Island Website

Edit- Adventure Express, The Crypt, and Backlot Stunt Coaster are '5s', even though they are marketed as family rides... dry.gif

I work Adventure Express....and I ask myself the same question all the time and have people tell me im lying when I tell them the ride rating is a 5....I could see it as a 4

It may not have the thrill of DB, but I still ride it every time I am in the park. I am also one of the dorks who move my arms up and down as we go up the final hill.

New website! Awesome!

Kings Island Website

It may not have the thrill of DB, but I still ride it every time I am in the park. I am also one of the dorks who move my arms up and down as we go up the final hill.

Don't forget, to be a full dork one must make booming noises along with the arm motions.

• 2 weeks later...

The International Street webcam is up... and in the nick of time! The webcam looks awesome with today being such a windy day. Every shot is different!

My question: Would KI be able to put a webcam in BBOBH? It would be neat to get a 'screaming' picture for every car passing by Boocifer.