Which coaster is the smoothest and roughtest

rollercoaster

Well for smoothest its gotta be Top Gun.

And for the roughest Drum roll please...

Son of Beast hands down has to be the roughest coaster in the park.Although there was a few times where the ride seems rougher than other times not to mention how uncomfortabe the trains are.For how big the trains appear thats how tiny they are inside.

SOB is the second most roughest coaster I have ever rode next to

Raging Wolf Bobs at Six Flaggs.

Smoothest = Top Gun. If it's rainy then it's a draw between TG and Vortex. I've had some really smooth rides on FoF and SoB after it rains but nothing like TG.

Roughest = SoB. If it's cold then Beast and Racer could be close but SoB still wins.

In all honesty there are a lot of factors as to the smoothness of a certain ride. One seat in The Beast gave me a really smooth ride, comparable to TG, and another is similar to SoB. It's all a toss up really.

Andy

smoothest has got to be TG or FoF. It all kinda depends where you sit in the train, as to how comfortable you are. The last cars in all the trains get whipped all over the place like a tail, so they are the least comfortable. As far as roughest all around, that would easily go to SoB. No matter when you ride it, it always has the most bounce and crap of any of the PKI coasters, as well as the most vibration.

If my memory serves me correctly, I would have to say that all of the steel coasters at the park are pretty smooth with the exception of Face/Off. Even though I have worked on Face/Off for a couple of years, I believe it is roughest of all the coasters. For my smoothest, I would choose Adventure Express.

You know I just gotta agree with Sparky and sobgun, that Congo Falls can sure take it out of me, I mean I come off that ride HURTIN! But I think the smoothest coaster of all times would have to be SOB turned backwards, wouldnt that be so smooth!? I think so!

how great would that be if they turned the SOB trains around

and also how about we put the gondala from Delirium and switch it with the chair ring on drop zone but instead of having them on normally we put them upside down! wow i bet we could sure have a fun ride with that! please. oh yea lets also work on that second train at face/off while were at it.

I think that Monroe...i mean..S500 is right. And i also agree that Congo is probably the roughest...especially after it rains...man dem waves really produce a rough ride. As for the smoothest id say SOB has it down pretty tight. I've never had a rough ride on that thing...i dont know what the heck ya'll talkin bout. Its all about where ya sit at folks.

I think Face/Off is pretty smooth. An now that they fixed Flight of Fear, it is one of the smoother coasters there. I don't really agree that The Vortex is really smooth at all. Pretty rough in my opinion. PKI needs a nice, smooth, fast coaster like Millenium Force or Nitro.

I think that Monroe...i mean..S500 is right. And i also agree that Congo is probably the roughest...especially after it rains...man dem waves really produce a rough ride. As for the smoothest id say SOB has it down pretty tight. I've never had a rough ride on that thing...i dont know what the heck ya'll talkin bout. Its all about where ya sit at folks.

what do you mean Monroe biggrin.gif

I have never really experienced a level of roughness that I thought was excessive at PKI. I have ridden with friends who's back hurt after SOB and my dad used to refuse to ride The Beast because it beat him up too much. Yeah, you get thrown from side to side a little on Beast but I just took it as part of the ride. The only coaster I've ridden that really hurt was Iron Wolf at SFGam. But for PKI I would rank Top Gun as smoothest and Beast as roughest, but not any level to where I wouldn't ride it.

Its all about where ya sit at folks.

How do you know where to sit if you have never had a rough ride? dry.gif

Middle seats of the car bud. If you sit on top of a wheel you're going to get f'd up.

Very true. Also, have you ever ridden in the back seat of FoF? Really no fun in my book.

As for the smoothest id say SOB has it down pretty tight. I've never had a rough ride on that thing...i dont know what the heck ya'll talkin bout. Its all about where ya sit at folks.

You missed the point. Your comment is that you never had a rough ride, yet you know where to sit to get a smoother ride- It doesn't make sense. And then you go on to mention about sitting on top of the wheel s you will get "f'd" up, and still claim to have a smooth ride?

Or am I confusing your form of sarcasim?