(Confirmed) Jack Falfas Resigns from Cedar Fair

...for those of you who will only believe something after it is posted at http://www.screamscape.com, then again....he opines he'd "hate to think about who may be taking over instead in a couple of years."

A couple of years? A couple more years of Mr. Kinzel and I don't know that unit holders will have any investment left. Plus, I doubt Q and even this Board of Directors will allow that to happen...

Stay tuned...and expect some sort of filing today...if FUN and/or its investment advisors and legal counsel know any securities law at all and assuming there is substance to this 'rumor.'

EDIT 5:22p.m: Cedar Fair probably knows what day today is. The deadline is COB THURSDAY. Thursday is tomorrow...which I didn't realize early this AM.

^ The SEC requires an 8-K be filed within four days to disclose the departure of an officer, correct? I wonder if that is four business days (which would put the deadline by COB on Thursday), or calendar days (which would require it by the end of today)?

According to Wikipedia, it's 4 business days...

After a significant event like bankruptcy or departure of a CEO, a public company generally must file a Current Report on Form 8-K within four business days to provide an update to previously filed quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and/or Annual Reports on Form 10-K.

I know we can't trust everything on that site, but in most cases I find them to be fairly reliable.

...for those of you who will only believe something after it is posted at http://www.screamscape.com, then again....he opines he'd "hate to think about who may be taking over instead in a couple of years."

A couple of years? A couple more years of Mr. Kinzel and I don't know that unit holders will have any investment left. Plus, I doubt Q and even this Board of Directors will allow that to happen...

Stay tuned...and expect some sort of filing today...if FUN and/or its investment advisors and legal counsel know any securities law at all and assuming there is substance to this 'rumor.'

Lance's post is the first mention I've heard that the blow-up started over response to Rock Band Live! Weird... I can imagine with the failed buyout, failed Re-Fi, and STR's issues, that tensions in the Ivory Tower are running pretty high. I've had some limited personal experience with Jack but he seemed like a decent man with a good understanding of the business.

Confession time: I am off this Friday...and thus thought today was Thursday (since I only had one more day of work this week)! Yes, it's four business days, not calendar days. Should all this be true, the deadline for disclosure by SEC filing is tomorrow, Thursday...(not today, which is not Thursday)...

Terpy, correct but mixed up...or something

Confession time: I am off this Friday...and thus thought today was Thursday (since I only had one more day of work this week)! Yes, it's four business days, not calendar days. Should all this be true, the deadline for disclosure by SEC filing is tomorrow, Thursday...(not today, which is not Thursday)...

We'll let you off this time, but don't let this happen again. :rolleyes:

You're like the fifth person who said that they were thinking it was Thursday when it was Wednesday...must have been some weird space-time continuum thing going on. :)

Despite whether the 4th day is COB Wednesday or Thursday, I think the real question to ask is why wait until the very last minute anyway? What does that say about the respect you have for your unit holders? (And, it's not like it was a big secret--it was on this site and CoasterBuzz by Saturday afternoon--and the fact that they removed Falfas' name from the web site on Sunday speaks volumes...)

CF has filed the required 8-K with the SEC as of this morning:

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/100617/fun8-k.html

• 2 weeks later...

And how it would affect one Richard Kinzel...among many other questions.

Why?

A pessimist sees new flag poles and says "Why?" An optimist sees new flag poles and says "Why Not?" And then you have the ones who hold press conferences with a Q and A session and leave the A's out. As an old carnie friend used to yell: "Money Money Money" It will all make sense soon.

Wise words, oh great one.

The soon is sooner than it was...

Terp, who posts nothing before it's time (and who almost invariably uses apostrophes correctly). What was that Q again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

And Lance Hart would hate to think of who would follow Kinzel.

Proof yet again that when it comes to true industry insight, it's probably best not to seek it at Screamscape. Worth reading for the gossip, occasional leak, links, etc. But industry insight? No.

And Q was already well involved at the time of Lance's comment.

The successor? Matt Ouimet. And not a Kinzel relative, pal, crony or boardroom chum. You can thank Geoff Raynor and Q for that.

And the topic title? Resignation confirmed? No. That's not the way the courts saw it.

• Like 6