Kentucky Kingdom

Well, I finally saw a Kentucky Kingdom TV Ad today here in Central Indiana (first ever for me since Six Flags era when they aired all the time). Ironically it was right after a Holiday World ad, which I have seen hundreds of this year alone. And they were pushing the $30 2-day tickets.

At least they are finally showing ads on TV and outside Facebook and stuff.

• Like 2

I wonder if mr hart would approve of this?

Kentucky Kingdom was a fun little park and Lightning Run is a blast. I went in thinking this place was trash thanks to non stop naysayers and ended up enjoying it. Everyone was friendly and the rides were fun. I look forward to going back and taking my family.

• Like 10

Kentucky Kingdom was a fun little park and Lightning Run is a blast. I went in thinking this place was trash thanks to non stop naysayers and ended up enjoying it. Everyone was friendly and the rides were fun. I look forward to going back and taking my family.

Indeed, that's more or less the experience I got when I visited last season: friendly employees and fun rides. However, the park's issues are with upper management and the "big picture", not so much with the little things like that.

• Like 6

Just curious, but is there a reason for the road that cuts the park in half? Seems to me that when you enter the west gate you could technically go straight after paying the parking fee and still get to the parking area rather than driving through the park. There is a lot of space that is being taken up by the four lane entryway.

• Like 3

172909.jpg

• Like 11

The Reason?

The Fairgrounds existed long before Kentucky Kingdom. The park was originally built as an extension of the KY State Fair and it failed very quickly. Basically they just stuck it where they had room. Mr. Hart brought the park back from the dead and used what area he could get to expand the park.

• Like 5

Just curious, but is there a reason for the road that cuts the park in half? Seems to me that when you enter the west gate you could technically go straight after paying the parking fee and still get to the parking area rather than driving through the park. There is a lot of space that is being taken up by the four lane entryway.

It's not that uncommon for amusement parks and similar facilities to be divided by a roadway. See also The Columbus Zoo. And Holiday World and Kennywood, but those have parking lots that require you to pass through a tunnel under a road. The parks themselves are not divided by a road.

• Like 4

Under "Tips for Park-goers With Little Riders:"

• Three is free. Park admission is a real deal to begin with. Plus, children under age three get in free.

Then three is not free. Right? It's not "three and under." It's "under three."

Cute rhyme, but incorrect. Which I could understand if it was a legitimate news piece, but... it's not... it's direct from the park.

• Like 6

Update from the kroger I work KK tickets are now being sold for 35$(and they have a fairly visible presence in the checkouts and a sign that mentions 4 coasters) which doesnt seem bad until you realize that the KI tickets they sell are only 38$

• Like 5